PDA

View Full Version : Training and Support in Hertfordshire

Chatterbox Childcare
20-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I have been in contact with Watford and 3 Rivers County Councils.

Watford directed me to http://www.hertsdirect.org and from there I clicked on "Young in Herts" on the right hand side of the screen.

This gives lots of options including a training programme. Has anyone used this site or training offered?

Thought I would get some data before I contacted them about support/funding.

3 Rivers gave me "Leisure" so I am awaiting a reply from my 2nd email.

mandy moo
20-04-2009, 04:54 PM
To be honest I have never even seen this part of their site before, so no to both questions (not a lot of help really :( )
But now I do know about it I'll give it a try.

huggableshelly
20-04-2009, 05:19 PM
I've used it in the past but always found the courses were fully booked by the time they are lsited on the site.

I've booked into two courses along with 2 other cm's before they were listed knowing there are only 20 places due to the small venues.

Its been updated now too to include the courses I'm already booked on yay for Herts!

huggableshelly
20-04-2009, 05:21 PM
see senco training has only just been put there over the last few days too and there are no spaces availalbe to book on with no listing available for future courses.

TheBTeam
20-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Yes, thanks i have looked on this site the day the booking window opened on 30th March, it had something like two courses other than first aid, all of which are miles away and don't need first aid anyway. I complained to the cdo about the complete lack of courses, no reply. We have heard of around 3 other courses by luck from odd childminders here and there, or by late pieces of paper from the childrens centre, mostly saying that they did a course on, that we never knew about.

I have looked at the Inside out course, which has only just been added, and to my surprise the course is being held just 200 yards from where i live and the childrens centre manager said she would let us know about any and hasn't. The course by no surprise now has a waiting list.

I am going to have to start checking the course list daily, because it wasn't on their a week ago, and each childrens centre seems to notify different people each time.

All we are asking for is that they disseminate the information the same way each time, as the childrens centres can't even agree with each other what is happening and where, the times they have sent people to the wrong places for the wrong things is amazing.

I have offered to be the coordinator for my group and at our local childrens centre meeting a good few others offered to handle information for the centre and the cdo and nothing more has happened.

The cdo has not responded and from what i have heard she won't do, so just waiting to go back to my group to see what we are going to do to change things as they all agreed with my response to the cdo about the state of things!!!!:angry:

Chatterbox Childcare
20-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Thanks for this info.

I will go back to the EY chief with the purse strings and see what she has to say.

In Swindon the EY team put out a training brochure for the whole financial year and it is sent to every childcare setting so we all know what is happening.

I also organise our own and the EY fund it.

Weird how the whole country is different

I am on the case!

I am also told by Hert Council that the FIS has all the training/grant details and will speak to them too.

TheBTeam
20-04-2009, 08:39 PM
We used to have what was called a 'yellow book' which had details of courses on offer for the whole year, you could go online and book individually for whatever course you liked, was convenient for you, near you or whatever.

This we liked and worked well, now they say they want to make training more local and we should decide what we want, when we have around 20 people to do it and a venue then they will do it. We do not see or hear from our cdo for weeks/months on end, and the only training we do we literally sort on our own for the 7-10 people we know will reliably pay and turn up!! Last time we were asked as a group to open up our training we ended up out of pocket.

Our dilemma is they have given us no guidance on what they can offer, they seem to be willy nilly putting on random courses in random childrens centres and telling random people by random methods what is about. i know of two local childminding groups and on way to many to mention occasions not one person from either group found out about the training, yet we have offered people to act as coordinators and disseminate the stuff.

It is very hard to just sit and come out with an idea for required training off the top of your head, the only ideas they had were the obvious ones like healthy eating etc, which we have all done already - we want something new, but there is no point in just sitting thinking up random ideas!!

I really hope they just go back to the way it was, because no matter how much i have in common with my childminding friends, we can not because of family commitments etc always make or want to do the same training as a whole group, we have lost the right to be individuals meeting our individual needs or wants.

This wasnt meant to be a long rant, but i can type as much as i can speak!! Sorry:blush:

huggableshelly
21-04-2009, 05:59 AM
I remember the yellow book too.

I miss the old CDO and funnily enough I had a letter off her yesterday regarding inclusion for special needs places!

I just think the new CDO hasnt realised just how much we really need, she isnt as easy to get hold of like the old one who was an angel, she would answer the phone anytime day or night and if she wasnt in she got back to me really quick.

the new one ... not really sure she is nice enough and helpful to a degree but does things so much differently ... works in working hours lol maybe she is more normal than our old one.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 10:16 AM
Had a few more conversations and have found the following information:

FIS - 01438 737505 hold funding for accredited childminders. In your area there is funding for 2 year olds (means tested) and 3 year olds.

0845 601438 - Verity has her pulse on grants - she is away until 2nd May and I have left a message for her to call me

01438 844794 - this is qualifications within Herts CC - basically they say that the website lists all the courses and there is a "booking open" date on there and that childminders need to check regularly, find the date and get on quickly. What a system! The planning of courses is done termly and they send the details to NCMA, District Managers and others. I did ask what if you were not an NCMA member? (cannot see the point in this). I asked why an email was not send to each setting via the FIS as they have up to date information, at which point I was advised to talk to Alex, who is calling me back tomorrow, to discuss as this is his area. Will update when I talk to him.

I have also asked for the CDO's but if you can pm me with yours and their contact number I will speak to them too.

Any others questions you can think of please let me know.

I think that there is training and funding in your areas but the information is not getting through efficiently. If the area is contacting NCMA then they must be connected to them and maybe this is your way in to getting a better service.

Watch this space!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

mandy moo
29-04-2009, 04:15 PM
:clapping: Thanx Debbie:clapping:
Today, funnily enough, I received a food hygiene course leaflet from our local childrens center!!

Chatterbox Childcare
29-04-2009, 05:10 PM
Oh that was another one - the childrens centres know the training schedules - I know they are not all helpful and I expect you will have to ask.

A box of biscuits every now and again will get you the heads up too!

TheBTeam
29-04-2009, 08:40 PM
Thanks for all you are doing, i find it is like banging head against wall! CDO has still not replied to my email re training. Childrens centres were going to help and yet nothing (except an email where the manager thought it would be good to give all of our personal contact and ofsted reg details to every other childminder in the area by email!)!!

Think i better start banging my head, i am really losing the patience to push and push, i know it is at the expense of training, but i have not got the time or energy to keep at it!

rickysmiths
29-04-2009, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all you are doing Debbie. Have you looked at the courses available by booking on line? Booking for this term opened on 30/3/09 and there is little left, alot is during the day now. As said above we used to get a Training folder each July for the year starting in Sept. for the whole year, then you could plan and there was a good variety of courses. Hey Ho!

I went to the first meeting of the Hertfordshire Childminders Forum in Hatfield with Sally M this evening. It was an excellent meeting. Lots discussed about Funding, Grants and Training. Watch this space!

The idea of the Forum is for Childminders to represent the views of cms in their area, these are then taken and discussed at County level and you never know some of the ideas could be implimented.:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
30-04-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for all you are doing Debbie. Have you looked at the courses available by booking on line? Booking for this term opened on 30/3/09 and there is little left, alot is during the day now. As said above we used to get a Training folder each July for the year starting in Sept. for the whole year, then you could plan and there was a good variety of courses. Hey Ho!

I went to the first meeting of the Hertfordshire Childminders Forum in Hatfield with Sally M this evening. It was an excellent meeting. Lots discussed about Funding, Grants and Training. Watch this space!

The idea of the Forum is for Childminders to represent the views of cms in their area, these are then taken and discussed at County level and you never know some of the ideas could be implimented.:thumbsup:

Hi, Rickysmiths, didn't know we had a herts childminders forum, do you know who came to represent hemel, if anyone!! Many thanks

Chatterbox Childcare
30-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Anyone got a contact number or email for the CDO's?

TheBTeam
30-04-2009, 08:29 AM
Mine is Sam Hukins, will get onto big pc and get details, still need to chase her about the lack of reply to a serious email! I am thinking i might then send it above her head to Theresa Johnson.

Chatterbox Childcare
30-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Have spoken to Alex today who was said that the information is given to Children's Centres (so ask them a lot and they might put it on a board eventually) and NCMA who are supposedly sending it out to all childminders. I asked "what if you are not an NCMA childminder" and he was baffled and thought that everyone wa.

I have left a message for the NCMA to call me (Elaine Rothenbury who is the Project Manager - 01438 861945) next week and will ask her the same question.

Kelly
30-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Anyone got a contact number or email for the CDO's?

Debbie

http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/docs/pdfstore/ncma08.pdf

Chatterbox Childcare
30-04-2009, 01:33 PM
No answer there with Sam Hukins but I will ring all of them next week and see what they do with the information.

TheBTeam
30-04-2009, 01:37 PM
No answer there with Sam Hukins but I will ring all of them next week and see what they do with the information.

Bless you, you must have more determination and patience than i can muster at the moment, i have had to put chasing it aside for a while, lots of children finishing and starting, and lots of obs writing up to catch up on after being a bit slack with some family matters!!

Waiting to hear when our next Childrens centre meeting is, it should be this term, and will drag them to account then. Also surprised the ncma rep didn't think to highlight the fundamental changes in their contract wording to us in person either, but there you go another thing they don't do!

huggableshelly
30-04-2009, 01:42 PM
Debbie

http://www.hertsdirect.org/infobase/docs/pdfstore/ncma08.pdf

Dacorum covers BTeam and myself ... possibly mandymoo too

sorry i didnt see this earlier or would have pm'd you

Childminding Services Co-ordinator used to be our CDO she was fantastic and has moved up to bigger things currently organising inclusion training in order to cater for special needs.

Our CDO is very slow with responding to emails, she is lovely though and did come out to see me back in sept as a pre-inspection visit that is available to all cm's who are due and gained satisfactory on their previous inspection. But information isnt sent through fast enough for courses, they go onto the training site... the day they go on most are fully booked as other cm's are gaining the information from who knows where.

Sorry to grumble and Thankyou for helping us out.

huggableshelly
30-04-2009, 01:43 PM

that doesnt suprise me to be honest

Chatterbox Childcare
10-05-2009, 08:23 PM
I had a phone call from Elaine who is "top of the tree" for the CDO's and I wasn't in. Will try her again tomorrow.

How many of you have made complaints about the CDO's and who to?

How many of you have complained to the council about not receiving information relating to training and other issues you want addressing?

Reading the replies on here I feel that you don't know where to go for help when you CDO lets you down.

Do you know that it is NCMA who are running your CDO's?

TheBTeam
10-05-2009, 08:36 PM
I had a phone call from Elaine who is "top of the tree" for the CDO's and I wasn't in. Will try her again tomorrow.

How many of you have made complaints about the CDO's and who to?

How many of you have complained to the council about not receiving information relating to training and other issues you want addressing?

Reading the replies on here I feel that you don't know where to go for help when you CDO lets you down.

Do you know that it is NCMA who are running your CDO's?

We have been directly to the person above the cdo and were told oh well go back to her and try her again!!!

In my area we didn't even hear about the meeting mentioned by Rickysmiths and Sally Mcgeown of Hertfordshire Childminders, i would be interested to know who did represent dacorum or hemel, whatever they want to call us!

Playmate
11-05-2009, 08:34 PM
We have been directly to the person above the cdo and were told oh well go back to her and try her again!!!

In my area we didn't even hear about the meeting mentioned by Rickysmiths and Sally Mcgeown of Hertfordshire Childminders, i would be interested to know who did represent dacorum or hemel, whatever they want to call us!

Just caught up with this thread ooooh! Glad I'm not a CDO in Herts any more :laughing: (things haven't been the same in Dacorum since I gave up my post :D )
Just to say about the Herts forum, the letter to nominate yourself came out with the conference application form. They are still looking for reps so why don't one of you put yourself forward, contact Elaine. These are the sorts of issues we can take to these meetings. Now that I have read this thread I will definately bring training up as an issue to be discused on next agenda.
I must admit I'm involved with 2 of the Children's centres in Watford and Three Rivers and both are organising training through the network groups, but I agree this is not happening every where and NCMA /YIH need to be aware. Melanie McQueen (YIH) will also be at next meeting and as she now holds purse strings for Herts Project team, I think she needs to be aware!

TheBTeam
11-05-2009, 08:56 PM
mmm enough said hey Sally!! Not sure if our new CDO uses this forum but her ears should have been burning - can't type what i was first going to describe it as, cos it isn't politically correct anymore, but suffice to say, you get nothing in response to anything!!

I have not been able to access any training over and above what my own childminding group organises completely at our own cost and off of our back and independent to yih/ncma!

Any training mentioned on the website has been booked anyway and to be honest unless it was eyfs initial training or first aid which i don't need there has been nothing worth getting out of bed for!

We are very very occasionally finding out about some training on slightly airy fairy subjects but generally it is after the event or only on one day or evening!

I network with a variety of different childminders who are linked to a wide variety of childrens centres and childminding groups in the hemel area and we are all saying the same thing. Not even the childrens centres put on a united front!

Playmate
11-05-2009, 09:10 PM
mmm enough said hey Sally!! Not sure if our new CDO uses this forum but her ears should have been burning - can't type what i was first going to describe it as, cos it isn't politically correct anymore, but suffice to say, you get nothing in response to anything!!

I have not been able to access any training over and above what my own childminding group organises completely at our own cost and off of our back and independent to yih/ncma!

Any training mentioned on the website has been booked anyway and to be honest unless it was eyfs initial training or first aid which i don't need there has been nothing worth getting out of bed for!

We are very very occasionally finding out about some training on slightly airy fairy subjects but generally it is after the event or only on one day or evening!

I network with a variety of different childminders who are linked to a wide variety of childrens centres and childminding groups in the hemel area and we are all saying the same thing. Not even the childrens centres put on a united front!

I do agree training is not good, we have done all that is on offer through YIH! Mind you, we are so NVQ'd out at the moment can't even think about doing other training! Rest assured it will be discussed at our next forum meeting in June.

TheBTeam
11-05-2009, 09:48 PM
I do agree training is not good, we have done all that is on offer through YIH! Mind you, we are so NVQ'd out at the moment can't even think about doing other training! Rest assured it will be discussed at our next forum meeting in June.

Think i may have to find out more about the forum, cos there isn't much point in moaning if you aren't prepared to do something, it is just such a pain that it is made so difficult, especially when you barely get a break as it is!

I am not particularly outspoken in person, but i am not too bad at expressing myself by email, it would be nice to get a response to it tho! I do not see how someone can be doing their job and yet get away with ignoring this fundamental problem.

Apparently cdo's are too busy coping with visiting the ncma/non ncma childminders who got satisfactory, ours has drafted in help from other areas, so it may be that she is just far too busy, but surely there should be an audit of how her time is spent and either additional help or reallocating resources needs to be looked into, it seems if you are better than satisfactory you are high and dry!

Playmate
12-05-2009, 04:23 PM
I totally agree with you that bad manners is not good and that your CDO should have at least answered your email. In defence Of the CDO’s in Herts they do not have any control over training, in fact anything! Young in Herts funds the NCMA project and a lot of the time dictates what there remit is and how their hours must be spent. As for auditing there is more auditing than I care to mention in that role. When I covered West Herts (Dacorum and St. Albans) I was contracted to work 26 hrs a week. I never did less than 30 and some weeks over 40 and then struggled to take the time back! Obviously things have changed slightly for the better there are now two CDO’s to cover that area and I think they are both contracted to work 30 hours. It is a job where the goal posts are constantly changing and pressure from the Local Authorities. Constant ear ache from CM’s for things that you have no control over (even when you would like to) and very little thanks when you do something that is good. By now you may be realising why after 3 yrs I gave up my post and returned to running my own business.

I do think we need to voice our opinions to the local authorities and by starting the Herts forum, NCMA are giving us this chance. I think training does need to be addressed seriously and I think YIH my listen if it is coming from the force of the CM’s through the correct channels. However we need reps for all areas at the last meeting there were only 4 us (3 of those in the south 1 in the West) So please put yourselves forward so that we can carry a stronger voice.

Sorry for the rant

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 04:37 PM
i've had the CDO sam email me the last 2 days in response to emails I've sent.

i didnt know to contact the ncma to complain

tonight there is a CAF training session available at the windmill childrens centre no booking just drop in as part of the monthly cm meeting

i'm hoping to get a chance to request training information sooner than we get it now

sally the information came through when it was you and another cdo doing it all ... i am sure you know who i mean but then it became so inconsistant whilst the posts were being filled and doesnt seem any better now it has been filled. please come back and be our cdo we proise not to phone you at sillyotime lol

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 04:45 PM
where is the forum sally?

I'm rubbish as putting myself forward as become too tongue tied and panick
the cdo has been to mine to check through my paperwork ect as i am one of those who only gained satisfactory, she was helpful to the degree of reassuring me that everyhing was in place just one or two things that needed to be changed.

i know it is a job I couldnt do due to my lack of confidence in the talking area so time for me to shut up really, the cdo is doing what she can but doesnt seem enough but i couldnt do her job any better than she is doing it.

Playmate
12-05-2009, 04:58 PM
i've had the CDO sam email me the last 2 days in response to emails I've sent.

i didnt know to contact the ncma to complain

tonight there is a CAF training session available at the windmill childrens centre no booking just drop in as part of the monthly cm meeting

i'm hoping to get a chance to request training information sooner than we get it now

sally the information came through when it was you and another cdo doing it all ... i am sure you know who i mean but then it became so inconsistant whilst the posts were being filled and doesnt seem any better now it has been filled. please come back and be our cdo we proise not to phone you at sillyotime lol

Sorry I'm well out of that job and they would have to tripple my current income and as I was only on about a 3rd of what I earn now, I don't think thats going to happen :laughing: :laughing:
I think because of the high turnover of staff in the last couple of years there have been a lot of inconsistancies. In Watford we have been without a CDO for nearly a year! They interviewed twice, but we finally have one and I look after her nephew so she regualrly gets ear ache frome me!! :laughing:

Playmate
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
where is the forum sally?

I'm rubbish as putting myself forward as become too tongue tied and panick
the cdo has been to mine to check through my paperwork ect as i am one of those who only gained satisfactory, she was helpful to the degree of reassuring me that everyhing was in place just one or two things that needed to be changed.

i know it is a job I couldnt do due to my lack of confidence in the talking area so time for me to shut up really, the cdo is doing what she can but doesnt seem enough but i couldnt do her job any better than she is doing it.

The forum is a very informal meeting held 3 times a year, its nothing intimidateing, honest. I can not believe you lack confidence :ROFL1: :ROFL1:.
All you need to do is listen to local childminders and share their views. Believe me when you here others start talking you just join in the conversation, thats all there is to it! just like on here :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 05:04 PM
lol i bet she loves dropping off and picking up from you.

I just dont want to come accross as being bitchy as I know its a job I couldnt do.

anyway need to feed my kiddies and get to the childrens centre for 7pm leaving hubby to do bedtime routine.

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 05:07 PM
The forum is a very informal meeting held 3 times a year, its nothing intimidateing, honest. I can not believe you lack confidence :ROFL1: :ROFL1:.
All you need to do is listen to local childminders and share their views. Believe me when you here others start talking you just join in the conversation, thats all there is to it! just like on here :laughing: :laughing:

I lack confidence speaking face to face I say so lol ... its different on here i'm not talking face to face and somehow my fingers talk for me hee hee

I do run a cm meeting as such ... we meet at school i set the date and we just turn up to chat but i dont actively stand and talk/debate etc. its more like a chil out chat and play thing.

Playmate
12-05-2009, 05:16 PM
I lack confidence speaking face to face I say so lol ... its different on here i'm not talking face to face and somehow my fingers talk for me hee hee

I do run a cm meeting as such ... we meet at school i set the date and we just turn up to chat but i dont actively stand and talk/debate etc. its more like a chil out chat and play thing.

the forum is just like going to a CM group without the kids:clapping:
I think the word forum makes it sound formal but its not. the meetings are held in Hatfield which is the most central place for all Herts CM's. I must also go and cook dinner now my kids are "screaming get off the computer"!

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 05:19 PM
oh ok i thought forum as in like this place being a forum

i kinda know what direction hatfield is too yay

hubby cooking for kiddies but i need to go eat too as cm meeting is 7-9 so too late to eat later

poof

rickysmiths
12-05-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi everyone I've only just found this again!! Did notice this morning but was on my way out!!!

Huggy the meeting for the forum was good, even had chocy biscuits!:laughing:

As Sally has said it is very informal but at least it seems to be an opportunity for us grass roots cms to voice an opinion and get it heard in the right place.

Please think about coming we are not that frightening face to face, honest :rolleyes:

huggableshelly
12-05-2009, 08:12 PM
I've just got back from the cm meeting at the windmill childrens centre

tomorrows training at wordshapers 7-9 for indoor and outdoor play still has places so if anony wants to attend please call and book first thing tomorrow

tel number is 01442269804

it is a £10 fee thingy

OK so the YIH states there is a waiting list ........

the reason is that the YIH training site only has 5 places you can book online due to the fact that most cm's are booking at their childrens centre so basically ignore the waiting list thingy and call the local CC, you can pay at your local or direct to the one running the course.

If anyone is booked onto Potential Learning on 30th June you will need to sit back for a while as there has been a mix up ... 30th june is actually safeguarding children BUT the CC are working on the issue and hopefully will get the right course organised asap. The CC will be emailing me so I'll be bk with an update on that.

training is an issue in Herts as we have more cm's than any other county ..... for every course with only 20 booking spaces there are 60 of us trying to get on it (numbers not accurate but used as an example).

Funding for special needs and diversity toys is not available for Herts cm's again due to being so many but Galleyhill CC have a lend and borrow service that also includes large outdoor equipment too.

ummm i think thats it ...... I'll repost this on a new thread too hoping to catch the Herts cm's asap

TheBTeam
24-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Both Huggableshelly and myself have put ourselves forward to join the Herts childminding forum, so we will see how that goes,

Chatterbox Childcare
24-05-2009, 10:32 PM
Go ladies - great to see you all getting involved - this is the first step to change.

I realise that you are struggling with the training but the place for this is Herts CC. Get on to them and give them constant barrage and explain that the current system isn't working. They will tell you that they give the training program to the CDO's, so call NCMA and complain that the info isn't getting out. At the end of the day, the money is there for you.

Go Get em!

mandy moo
29-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Sorry just catching up, Ive been minding for a year now and have no idea who my CDO is!
I belive we have one, as the older minders in the village all had some one i belive it was Young in Herts (dont know who) come out to them individually to explain the EYFS.

Chatterbox Childcare
29-05-2009, 10:03 AM
Sorry just catching up, Ive been minding for a year now and have no idea who my CDO is!
I belive we have one, as the older minders in the village all had some one i belive it was Young in Herts (dont know who) come out to them individually to explain the EYFS.

Look at the Herts CC website - details are listed there but if you cannot find them call the council and ask for the Early Years Team

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 11:03 AM

I'll send you a pm

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 08:08 PM
WELL............

I opened an email today regarding a job as a CDO!

trying to decide whether to give it a go or stick with childminding as i love the flexibility of childminding but also feel that maybe I can learn new tricks and be back on a regular pay roll too.

hmmm decission to make and who do I turn to for childcare for my own children. Could i afford to pay for a childminder myself? mannnnnnnnnn gonna open a bottle of wine and watch the rest of Britains got talant

TheBTeam
29-05-2009, 08:17 PM
WELL............

I opened an email today regarding a job as a CDO!

trying to decide whether to give it a go or stick with childminding as i love the flexibility of childminding but also feel that maybe I can learn new tricks and be back on a regular pay roll too.

hmmm decission to make and who do I turn to for childcare for my own children. Could i afford to pay for a childminder myself? mannnnnnnnnn gonna open a bottle of wine and watch the rest of Britains got talant

Just opened the same email, and decided very quickly not a chance! Don't know of any good childminders!!!!! This really is a joke:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

huggableshelly
29-05-2009, 08:23 PM
Just opened the same email, and decided very quickly not a chance! Don't know of any good childminders!!!!! This really is a joke:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

LOL you are too funny! all those who pick up from my kiddies school are full right now apart from one who will hace spaces in sept BUT would need to get in there quick as all my parents will have to find a new cm too.

sighs ... maybe I'll just move it to the deleted emails

Playmate
29-05-2009, 09:43 PM
Umm losing more staff! must be one of the CDO's in your area leaving, because I haven't an email! Would I want the job? :rolleyes: - get a life!

I will keep my ear to the ground!!

TheBTeam
29-05-2009, 09:50 PM
Umm losing more staff! must be one of the CDO's in your area leaving, because I haven't an email! Would I want the job? :rolleyes: - get a life!

I will keep my ear to the ground!!

Funny my first thought was that perhaps it was ours! I have had more emails from her in the past 3 days than in her life in the job, but still no reply to my one about training, think that has gone to email heaven! It is not a job i would want, i would much rather childmind and keep my evenings free from having to go out and meet childminders!

My childminding vacancies are coming and going by the month, have been full, not full, full and now on the not full run!

huggableshelly
30-05-2009, 08:17 AM
hmmm ......
see the reason why I am seriously considering it is because right now I am working 50 hours a wk with 3 parents who cant be bothered to pay me and others messing around swapping days.

I'mthinking become a CDO ( T/J style now S/H style) claim my home back as a home still be here for school runs as should beable to work the hours around my routine then if i need to go on evenings hubby is here foy my kiddies.

Its more money back on a payroll and much less paperwork.

I am aware that i'll get emails from cm's extecting imediae action ( i am one of them too) but maybe it is time to give it a go instead of moaning about others.

Sally i know you have been there and got out I jut think I can make a difference compared to what we have right now.

Bteam .... LOL if I do go for it give me time to get to grips with it all before sending emails to heaven as i wont be in heaven to reply ... i'll be going down when my time is done :laughing:

TheBTeam
30-05-2009, 02:04 PM
hmmm ......
see the reason why I am seriously considering it is because right now I am working 50 hours a wk with 3 parents who cant be bothered to pay me and others messing around swapping days.

I'mthinking become a CDO ( T/J style now S/H style) claim my home back as a home still be here for school runs as should beable to work the hours around my routine then if i need to go on evenings hubby is here foy my kiddies.

Its more money back on a payroll and much less paperwork.

I am aware that i'll get emails from cm's extecting imediae action ( i am one of them too) but maybe it is time to give it a go instead of moaning about others.

Sally i know you have been there and got out I jut think I can make a difference compared to what we have right now.

Bteam .... LOL if I do go for it give me time to get to grips with it all before sending emails to heaven as i wont be in heaven to reply ... i'll be going down when my time is done :laughing:
Oh I am very long suffering i sent it before the easter school holidays! Just seen our name in the hertsmindingmatters insert! yikes!! I know it isn't for me but if you go for it as well as thinking you're mad i will support you!!:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
01-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Oh I am very long suffering i sent it before the easter school holidays! Just seen our name in the hertsmindingmatters insert! yikes!! I know it isn't for me but if you go for it as well as thinking you're mad i will support you!!:thumbsup:

reality check now

I've weighed up all of the pros and cons and as much as less hours with more money sounds great it means being employed and taking me away from my own children let alone the mindees whom have been with me for a long time.

I've been talking with past CDO's too so looks like Ofsted will be keeping me as a cm for a while.

TheBTeam
01-06-2009, 08:38 AM
reality check now

I've weighed up all of the pros and cons and as much as less hours with more money sounds great it means being employed and taking me away from my own children let alone the mindees whom have been with me for a long time.

I've been talking with past CDO's too so looks like Ofsted will be keeping me as a cm for a while.

MM i personally think that you have made the right decision, i wouldn't want that job!