PDA

View Full Version : Behaviour Management

Schnakes
08-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Hello,

I am due to start working with two children who are involved with Social Services. They are 2 and 3. Having met them and spent some time with them I think it would be a good idea to have a proper sit down with them and talk about what behaviour I expect from them. I thought the best way to do this was perhaps make a little pile of "cards" with behaviours on them and get them to chose which is good and which is not so good...then we can talk about it that way. Can anyone point me in the direction of some pictures that I could use? I think these two are going to be hard work, but I cant wait, I think it will be really rewarding! :clapping:

Sx

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 10:07 AM
Sorry no idea about the cards

There are some ideas here that you could read through and maybe adapt to your own setting ?

http://www.teachingheart.net/classroombehaviormanage.html

Not sure what they are like only skimmed through myself

Angel xx

miffy
08-02-2008, 10:10 AM
For the cards have a look at

www.do2learn.com

This site has lots of picture cards designed to help children with special needs

You can also make your own cards

On the bromley website there are some picture house rules which might be suitable

www.bromleycma.org.uk

Hope this helps

Miffy xx

sarah707
08-02-2008, 10:13 AM
The focus nowadays is on the positive...

We run in the garden, we walk in the house

We eat and drink at the table

We have kind hands and feet

That sort of thing... It's difficult because children are so often shouted at with a 'no' and they can have problems understanding initially what we are saying.
The focus is def on pictures that show positive images as well - no big red crosses saying 'don't do', rather ticks saying ' we do do' iyswim.

Hope this helps! :D

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes I agree with Sarah on that personally and that is how I would work it

Angel xx

deeb66
08-02-2008, 05:01 PM
yes me too!

avril
08-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Make the "house rules" with them so know and understand were the boundaries are and what is expected of them. Picture form is a great idea

Avril

Schnakes
08-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks guys...not exactly what I wasa after, but those sites have given me some good ideas! :thumbsup:

Sarah - I definately wont be focusing on the neg...these two have had enough of that in their lives. :( I want to be able to get them to talk to me about what they think is the way to behave...then we can go from there.

Sx

twise
08-02-2008, 07:49 PM
On the TES site http://www.tes.co.uk/resources/Home.aspx in the resources section there are plenty of visuals to download regarding behaviour and adapt to a childminding setting as well as other ideas.

I use the marble timer for tidying up and time out and I have to say it works a treat.

Tracy