PDA

View Full Version : parents r so cheeky!!

marjie b
20-04-2009, 11:12 AM
Every time parents want time off I always seem to have trouble with them understanding their contracts....

I feel Im quite generous really as I dont charge 4 my hols or theirs but only IF they give me 4 weeks notice, its not difficult, its written into their contracts, it just means Im not outta pocket iyswim!!

Anyhow, one mum turns up wiv lo this mornin who always does full week with me an says "we r off up north on thursday so u only got her 3 days, your money is in her bag" (normal!)
so Im thinkin bonus! 3 days work, 5 days pay, lol!

Unfortunately she seems to think this holiday will be paid 4 by me as has only put half weeks wages in bag, wat a cheek!! have text her to remind her that any holiday taken is charged at full fees unless they give me 4 weeks notice, no reply, surprise,surprise!! worse thing is, this mum just reviewed her contract last week and I reminded her bout hols etc!!

What annoys me most is that most of their fees are covered by child tax credits so they feel we/ the government should pay 4 their hols!
this has happened to me a few times recently but today I must be strong, Im available to mind so should be paid! what do u think??

wendywu
20-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Spot on, all mine pay unless they take their hols when i do. I dont charge when i am away.:panic:

katickles
20-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Stick to your contract & explain she'll have to pay!

I charge for there holidays taken but not my own. So basically if they choose to take hols when i'm off then they wouldn't be charged

estrelas
20-04-2009, 11:37 AM
yep dig your heels in

I used to use a childminder, and i always paid on time, the right amount etc.

I just assumed everyone did:eek:

I used to pay my minder before i paid my rent!!! Cos one if i lost her i couldn't work, and two i got paid by tax credits as well. So that was my childcare covered!!

I find it unbelievable that people think they can pay what they want when they want!!

I mean its a business!! Nurserys would charge!

Tell them to pay or thats it, if they don't like it go!

marjie b
20-04-2009, 11:49 AM
thanks kerry, I do agree with u, I used to have a childminder and wouldnt dream of not paying her or being l8 etc, I`d be really embarassed!!

I do think that when u do this job its almost viewed by parents as making "pocket money"!!
I make a good living from it but the chasing ppl for money or having to repeatedly explain the terms of your contract can get a little annoying sometimes!

I think Im fairly soft not charging for their hols in the first place but some ppl will just take the p**s outta u if u let em...if I dont insist she pays for the full week she will think she can do it again, wont she?

estrelas
20-04-2009, 11:58 AM
definetly, just tell her thats it!

I'm fairly new so i haven't had a lot of this, i had a parent tell me she couldn't pay for last week or this week ( we're still in settling in time:angry: )

I told her basically it is the only time i'll accept late payment she has a weekto get the money and the week afters money or the contracts terminated.

she knew the rules when we signed contracts, luckily we have a 4 week period so i will cancel contract if i have to.

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I think you are really generous, like you said, for not asking for fees to keep spaces open.
I charge full fee if the child is sick or on holiday and I haven't had any issues in my first full year of childminding where fees are concerned, and hope I never do. (now I have tempted fate:rolleyes: )

westbrom44
20-04-2009, 01:23 PM
I only had problems when I charged half fee.

Since I have charged full fee unless I am on holiday, there doesnt seem to be any confusion!

Chatterbox Childcare
20-04-2009, 01:25 PM
Stick to your contact as you are not on flexi time.