PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a name for your bussiness

whitedove
08-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Just thought it might be fun to know if you have a name for your childminding business.
Have seen quite a few good ones here and there like

little angels
tiny tots ect

am still undesided about what I would call mine.

Jacqui x

deeb66
08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I don't have a name ....just go under my own.

I do know that a lot of people on here do have them.....especially if they have set up websites.

Spangles
08-02-2008, 09:09 AM
I have a name and I really like it as I think it gives my business an identity and sounds more professional than Lorraine's Childminding would do - no offence to anyone who's business might be called that though! Just my opinion.

Why not call your business Whitedove Childcare? I think that's lovely. Sounds really nice and peaceful and caring to me.

Banana
08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
I'm cheeky rascals.

x

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 09:10 AM
Little Angels Childminding

Thats mine

Paulines idea

I was going to call myself " Angels Delights" but I had lots of rude comments haha

I use mine on my permission forms and my website thats about it really

Angel xx

Spangles
08-02-2008, 09:13 AM
Mine is plastered everywhere! Ha ha!

I have letterhead, on all my policies and procedures, my welcome pack, business cards, accounts, title pages of folders, front of scrapbooks! You name it and it's there!

Hubby designed me a teddy bear logo too so that's on everything as well!

deeb66
08-02-2008, 09:14 AM
I have a name and I really like it as I think it gives my business an identity and sounds more professional than Lorraine's Childminding would do - no offence to anyone who's business might be called that though! Just my opinion.

Why not call your business Whitedove Childcare? I think that's lovely. Sounds really nice and peaceful and caring to me.

None taken Lorri :)

I don't even add the 'Childminding' onto my business name....I am just known as Dee ..... (surname!)

I also like Whitedoce Childcare......you are right Lorri..........to kind of gives a soothing feeling :thumbsup:

sarah707
08-02-2008, 09:26 AM
I use the name of my town for my website - it's on my car as well and starting to filter it's way onto paperwork, slowly as I renew stuff... :D

Little Pumpkins
08-02-2008, 09:50 AM
mines little pumpkins childminding

Cheeky Chops
08-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Mine is similar to Lorri's

Cheeky Chops Chilminder's

My hubby is a graphic designer and has designed all my leaflets with a logo that has a little sheep holding a blue daisy in its mouth (the logo colours are lemon and baby blue) and I have this letterhead everywhere!! I like it cos it makes me feel like I actually have a business cos I have a letterhead ha!!

I wanted Sticky Fingers cos I think thats lovely, but there is a play group near to me with that name so I couldnt have that one!! x x

miffy
08-02-2008, 10:05 AM
Mine is similar to Lorri's

Cheeky Chops Chilminder's

My hubby is a graphic designer and has designed all my leaflets with a logo that has a little sheep holding a blue daisy in its mouth (the logo colours are lemon and baby blue) and I have this letterhead everywhere!! I like it cos it makes me feel like I actually have a business cos I have a letterhead ha!!

I wanted Sticky Fingers cos I think thats lovely, but there is a play group near to me with that name so I couldnt have that one!! x x

Your logo sounds lovely - maybe your hubby could set up a little sideline doing logos for everyone

I also think whitedove sounds relaxing and caring

I am plain old me too!

Miffy xx

Cheeky Chops
08-02-2008, 10:08 AM
yeah I like whitedove too!! Its the added bonus of having a graphic designer husband!!

katickles
08-02-2008, 10:08 AM
Hi I also have a name - Kates Little Treasures.

Another idea of name (even though I really like White Dove) is using part of your address. Another childminder on the forum, sorry can't remember if this is her members name as well as her business name, Cherry Blossom Childminding - Her road name is Cherry Blossom. I thought that was a really good idea.

:)

kaz1501
08-02-2008, 12:15 PM
Mine is Bright Star Childminding
and I am the same as Lorri - it is plastered everywhere!! Even got the t-shirt lol :panic:

Karen
off work sick today (poorly tummy) but still counting down the days till I leave work... 21 to go :jump for joy:

http://brightstarcm.tripod.com/

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 01:46 PM
I am Bumble Bee's Childminding and Pauline designed my logo <<<< was going to be Little Ladybirds but found that someone else in my area had that name, still like it though xxx

Amaranth
08-02-2008, 09:04 PM
I'm Totally Kids Childminding. I work with my hubby and thought it would be a bit of a mouthful to call us 'carole and daves childminding'! So I opened it up to the parents of the kids we mind and chose it from there.

manjay
08-02-2008, 10:07 PM
I'm cheeky rascals.

x

Me too!! Well nearly. I had a logo designed for me and it is plastered evrywhere including my wesite. I am going to get some car signs made but just trying to find somewhere to make them up with my logo

amanda xx

Banana
08-02-2008, 10:29 PM
lol

i like that you have rascalz its cool.

whitedove
08-02-2008, 11:36 PM
Some really great names...

I have been going through sites just seeing if one catches my eye.

But I wrote down whitedoves childcare on paper last night as it goes..and I too thought it sounded tranquil and serene..And you guys seem to think it has a ring to it too.so Whitedoves it will be...If I get registered lol
x

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 11:37 PM
Good luck and love the name

I am sure you will be registered before you know it

Angel xx

whitedove
08-02-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks Angel..Im really hoping so

Am loving that picture by the way lol

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 11:41 PM
Who Enrique ?

xx

Hopscotch
09-02-2008, 12:52 AM
Mine is called Hopscotch Childminding, it happened by accident i dropped the iron on my hall carpet and burnt and iron shape into the carpet.
I was looking for a little rug to cover it up and i found a really nice hopscotch rug and thats where the name came from.
Bev X

manjay
09-02-2008, 08:44 AM
lol

i like that you have rascalz its cool.

It is really difficult to find a business name that has a domain name to go with it so it had to be rascalz

amanda xx

lishylee
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
mine is bellas little angels my name is leanne but i get bella (no idea why lol )
i noticed someone else has little angels on here hopes its ok mines simular

leanne x i think it sounds great when you have a name more profesional

whitedove
13-02-2008, 12:02 AM
yes Enrique Angel

Fwoooooooarrrrrr :D

Clever Clogs
13-02-2008, 07:18 AM
I'm going to use Clever Clogs for mine (I think) daughter keeps coming up with different ideas (she's 6).

Do you have to do anything extra if you name the business, ie register it anywhere? On another note, do you have to open a business bank account or is a normal current account enough?

Thanks
Tracey

angeldelight
13-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Whitedove you have excellent taste

But sorry Im not sharing haha

Angel xx

Spangles
13-02-2008, 09:02 AM
No you don't have to register your business name and no you don't have to have a separate business account, I don't, however some people find it easier - I guess it's neater that way, my money's all over the shop!

Just check no-one else near you has the same business name first so there's no problems that way!