PDA

View Full Version : WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

saintsue
20-04-2009, 09:46 AM
MORNING EVERYONE

Dont know what to do about this
i have 2 parents that are friends and 1 of them are off on holiday next week and she has told her friend that because she has to pay me still for the 2 days next week that she can send her child them days for free

my parents pay me 52weeks a year whatever

but if she is away then she's away she cant just give her days to her friend
or do you think its ok for her to do this? if i let her do it once then she will want to do it all the time

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
LUV SUE XXXXX

amirose
20-04-2009, 09:51 AM
MORNING EVERYONE

Dont know what to do about this
i have 2 parents that are friends and 1 of them are off on holiday next week and she has told her friend that because she has to pay me still for the 2 days next week that she can send her child them days for free

my parents pay me 52weeks a year whatever

but if she is away then she's away she cant just give her days to her friend
or do you think its ok for her to do this? if i let her do it once then she will want to do it all the time

WHAT SHOULD I DO?
LUV SUE XXXXX

Cheeky mare!!!!

The space is reserved for A not B that's ridiculous I can't believe anyone would be so cheeky!

Also from the sounds of things she told her friend it was OK without speaking to you first which is very disrespectful.

nokidshere
20-04-2009, 09:52 AM
No its absolutely not ok for them to do this.

If she says she wants to use the days tell he she is welcome to have two extra days that week since you have the space, but they are her bookings and she will have to pay for them. (thats of course if you dont mind her using more days) Also remind her that clients bookings are not transferable.

LittleMissSparkles
can I just make sure I have this correct

contract with one friend.... she is going on holiday.... she hold told mutual friend that as she has to pay you she can send her children to use the places ????

HELL NO .....

your contract is with her and her children you cannot give the spaces to other children you are not contracted to look after or insured for under any circumstances

who does this friend think she is ? make sure you tell her that it is not allowed and she cannot offer her days to anyone she fancies, she signed your contract she knew she would have to pay for her holidays taken honestly some people ....

xxx

wendywu
NO NO NO NO it is her contract her hours and her children. Just say that all contracts are to be kept seperate and are not interchangable.

It just does not work that way :panic: :panic:

saintsue
20-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I cant belive that she told her friend this without even asking me

I dont know what to say to her
i have never had this before
luv sue xxxxx

wendywu
20-04-2009, 10:06 AM
I assume that parent no 2 who is not going on hols uses you for a couple of days a week. So on this week she would use her own days and add on the other parents days as well.

Just say that you have phoned Ofsted and they say you would not be covered by insurance. Tell her that her hours are use it or loose it basis but they cannot be transferred to another parent. It does not work that way.:panic:

Sleeping Baby
20-04-2009, 10:15 AM
What will they think of next!:eek: Good luck let us know how it all goes.
Sleeping Baby

sarah707
20-04-2009, 10:25 AM
Will she be asking the council for a refund on her council tax because she's not in the house? :panic:

yummymummy
Some parents never cease to amaze me!, I would in your position do what was suggested by Wendywu and use the Ofsted says not covered by insurance.
What a cheek, will British Gas transfer the gas standing charge she has to pay and is not using to her friend too do you think?!

Oops just seen that Sarah wrote a very similar comment to me and we posted at the same time!!!!

Spangles
I can see how the first parent thinks that this makes sense but it's not on and she should have run it by you first anyway.

Aren't some people cheeky!

You would still be working for free in my opinion even though the other parent is paying you for her holiday hours.

I would be very annoyed about this I think but I'm sure she will understand why it's no on once you've explained it.

x

FizzysFriends
20-04-2009, 10:26 AM
I don't know what to say, I think I've heard it all now!!! :panic:

estrelas
20-04-2009, 10:55 AM
blooming heck, how cheeky!!!

I'd just say no way!

haribo
20-04-2009, 10:56 AM
im sat here stunned how could she ?? is the other parent one of yours? even if yes im amazed at the cheek :angry:

haribo
20-04-2009, 11:00 AM
sorry just re read even so i cannot believe it , you will have to tell her it cant work like that, it would happen al the time and then the other parent would try it too :panic: :panic:

Mouse
20-04-2009, 11:15 AM
In all my years of childminding I've never heard that one :eek:

I can see the mum's thinking, but it's crazy! I'll be watching with interest to see what the outcome is.

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I am shocked! I have heard it all now:eek:

I agree with the others. NO WAY, she is really cheeky for even asking!

saintsue
20-04-2009, 11:22 AM
THANK YOU ALL
DOES THIS SOUND OK

i am very sorry but i wont be able to have your child the extra days next week
i have spoke to ofsted and they said that hours cant be transferred from one to another parent, if you dont use your hours then you lose them, all contracts are seperate and are not interchangeable

wendywu
20-04-2009, 11:28 AM
That sounds fine to me.

You are not being mean or unfair. In all my years of minding i have never come across a minder being asked, let alone agreeing to a switch like this.

And i thought i had seen and heard it all:eek:

katickles
20-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Love Sarah's comment:laughing:

I think this is so cheeky & your response is fine. Some parents really do never do fail to shock do they??

peanuts
20-04-2009, 11:36 AM
what a cheek. some parents just amaze me that they think they can call all the shots

Helen79
20-04-2009, 11:37 AM
wow thats so cheeky. I can't believe they thought that would be ok to arrange without asking you.

However if 1 parent was on holiday & gave me enough notice & I knew another parent wanted those hours I wouldn't charge the parent on holiday if I could fill their space ifswim.

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 02:46 PM
I think your letter sounds fine.

And I like the way we always blame ofsted! haha:laughing:

flora
20-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Whatever next :eek:

Like your response though :thumbsup:

georgie456
20-04-2009, 07:37 PM
[QUOTE=Helen79;397211]wow thats so cheeky. I can't believe they thought that would be ok to arrange without asking you.

That's what I find so amazing about it all! :eek:
I think your response is good - will be interested to hear what happens! Keep us updated...

tigger
20-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I think that is really cheeky. It is putting you in a really awkward situation that you don't really need to be in. I do feel for you. Good luck and your letter is great. x

Toothfairy
20-04-2009, 07:54 PM
What a cheek!!!! :censored:

jibberjitz
20-04-2009, 08:11 PM
THANK YOU ALL
DOES THIS SOUND OK

i am very sorry but i wont be able to have your child the extra days next week
i have spoke to ofsted and they said that hours cant be transferred from one to another parent, if you dont use your hours then you lose them, all contracts are seperate and are not interchangeable

That sounds good :thumbsup: Cant believe the cheek :eek:

TheBTeam
20-04-2009, 08:26 PM
I'd like to say i was shocked, but nothing shocks me with parents these days!!

I have two families, that think if they suddenly decide that they will look after the other ones child for the day, instead of me, because two days a week, one does not work so she could have the other ones child and then when she is at work the other one isn't for one day!!

I told the lo's mum that under no circumstances would she not have to pay me if she wanted her friend to step in on odd days, and i told the other mum whose girl is of school age, that as she wanted a contract that she only paid me when the girl came, and not when she didn't, not to be surprised if one day i worked and one day i didn't and if something full time came along don't be surprised if i never worked for her again! I am waiting to make the most of the day i don't work, cos so far it has been nice when we haven't had the girl, so not got too upset about her not coming or being paid, but that will change.

Chatterbox Childcare
20-04-2009, 08:28 PM
I have never heard such a lot of rubbish - NO NO NO

and if she is unsure NO

tulip0803
20-04-2009, 08:38 PM
:eeeek: That's a new one on me! Definate no

patconn2
21-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I am nothing less than gobsmacked!:eeeek:
Thought some of mine had a cheek but that wins hands down. My goodness, don't know what to say!

sunnysmile
21-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Do you ever get the feeling that even though we are pushed as professionals some people still see us as employed skivies? :laughing:

sarahlou
21-04-2009, 07:22 PM
No it is their contracted hours so they have to pay

misst104
21-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Of course I agree with all the above. Its very naughty of your friend to put you in this difficult position. It sounds to me that she is a bit resentful to have to pay for the sessions when she isn't there. I think that your response is fine and I do think that if you did it once, word could get out and they would all be trying it on. Cheeky things!!!