PDA

View Full Version : Should i be worried?

ExBlondie
19-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Hiya all

I finally got registered in March and ive had buisness cards printed and got them up in shops and stuff on my local high street, told my two local schools about me and also posted up on a couple of websites about myself and ive had no phone calls at all. Had two messages of one of the websites but that was about 3 weeks ago and haven't heard anything since my initial reply.

Im worrying that due to this current climate we are in that people can't afford childminders at the moment. Im so desperate to get started, ive been out of work since July last year and just can't carry on not doing anything with my days its driving me mad!!!

Anyone else having the same problems?

Thanks for listening
Kirsty x

estrelas
20-04-2009, 09:00 AM
maybe will start to pick up now, with people wanting places of september.

Its been quite around here also, alot of the minders have a few places. But we're getting alot of enquires about sept!
I know that far away tho

ExBlondie
20-04-2009, 10:55 AM
I wondered if i might get some interest for the summer hols cause i don't mind working school holidays as i don't have my own children so its just a normal day to me lol

I don't mind waiting for mindees as long as i know i got some comming its the not knowing thats really getting to me at the moment :(

Polka Dots
20-04-2009, 11:08 AM
Hi Kirsty,

You're not alone, I'm experiencing the same problems. Stay positive because it will happen. :thumbsup:

nicole_kirsty
20-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Im the same! Registered since jan 09 and only have 1 part time before/after school!! I feel like i have done loads to try to get people, advertised everywhere on the internet, got my own website, told everyone, registered with our local vacancies co-ordinator, advertised at schoool that allow it and nothing! I really want to work and earn some more money but there doesnt seem to be alot out there at the mo!!I havent even had anything for september yet!!!! :( :crying: :(

Im soooooooo frustrated at the mo!!! Let hope it picks up for us all soon!

Nicole x

ExBlondie
20-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Well i kinda feel bit better that its not just me cause i was begining to wonder lol

What kinda places do you advertise? Wondering if there is anything else i could try :)

Mollymop
20-04-2009, 01:14 PM
It depends on where you are. Around here we have had quite a few enquiries, but not as many as usual. Things usually start to pick up in the summer, last year it I filled all my spaces in the summer for parents wanting September places.
Luckily this year all of my mindees are staying with me through the next school year. last year I had leavers in the september and had to fill up again which I managed to do quite quickly.

You will be full soon, dont' worry. x

Annie_T
20-04-2009, 01:46 PM
dont worry things take a while to kick off for some people

people will come looking to you soon x

jibberjitz
20-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Hope something happens soon for you

Chatterbox Childcare
20-04-2009, 08:14 PM
In my area we have had a few calls but nothing like previous years. I think people are cutting back due to job losses.

Be patient the calls will start. Are you registered witht the FIS/CIS in your area as that site brings in a bit?

Demonjill
20-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Fingers x something turns up soon for you.:thumbsup:

ExBlondie
21-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Whats FIS/CIS?

Pippa31
21-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi,

Know how you are feeling, I have not had any calls as of yet and am desperate to start not for the money but just to get my foot in the door of the childminding world......

It does get you down.... But chin up it can only get better.....

sarah707
21-04-2009, 10:56 AM
Whats FIS/CIS?

The CIS is the Children's Information Service. Every area has one.

They will advertise your vacancy. :D

http://www.*************.gov.uk/

Hebs
21-04-2009, 11:48 AM
The CIS is the Children's Information Service. Every area has one.

They will advertise your vacancy. :D

http://www.*************.gov.uk/

yeah they will eventually :laughing:

i've been registered since Jan, it took them until end of march to send paperwork out and thats only cos i rang them all the time.
i sent my forms back early april and i'm still waiting for it to go on the website, i ring at least twice a week and they just say it will be updated soon :rolleyes:

Ripeberry
21-04-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm in the same boat, been registered since Jan 09, everyone knows i'm a childminder but most people in my area have extended famillies or just stay at home.
I'm the ONLY childminder for about 2 square miles here but two towns near me have lots of childminders who are about half full.
They have been around for years and even they say that this is the WORST that they have ever known and have not had any enquiries for months.
It is quite soul destroying and i'm checking my e-mail daily but never anything not even a basic enquiry.
I know it may pick up in September but our local school intake will only be 6 children!
Hope it picks up in your areas soon.:)

mrsslosh
23-04-2009, 08:08 AM
Hi There,

I am due to go to my first pre-registration meeting on the 9th May. I am concerned that I will become qualified and not be able to fill any places. In the first instance how long will ot take me to qualify from here as if it is intime for September then I could be in luck otherwise I may miss the boat. I have 2 Children under 5 of my own and one aged 6 so can only have 1 full timer and 2 over 5 part time. Should I be worried? I am in a good posistion?

Thanks

Mrs Slosh

Bitsy Beans
23-04-2009, 08:59 AM
I have been registered since March and after a couple of let downs its all VERY quiet. Am feeling pretty low about it today. Going to get the paper and see if they have any evening jobs going (no not THAT sort of evening work ;) ) as the reason I became a CM was to be able to be at home with my own children aswell.

How long does it take for the details to be put on CIS? I sent my forms off a couple of weeks ago but keep checking only to see that it's not change :angry:

yvonne
23-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Im in the same boat, i have had a few potential parents on the phone and had two visits, one had to cancel because of hubbys work, one parent did not turn up, and im still waiting on a contract form being returned. :panic:
I too have advertised my business on various web sitesie yell.com veeva street etc but still not herd a thing,and my area is supposed to be crying out for childminders :eek:
Hope you hear somthing soon :clapping: