PDA

View Full Version : wii

estrelas
19-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Do you have one?

We do but not used it when minding yet, as we've been out alot, and other stuff to do.

If you use it what games do you use?

PixiePetal
19-04-2009, 08:57 PM
Only in school hols if I have older mindees.

Usually sports and Mario Kart so we can all join in - even though I am always last in Mario :laughing:

Dotty
19-04-2009, 08:57 PM
We sometimes use ours at the end of the day (if the children have been excellent) and there is 15 mins to spare. We normally use Brain Training or the wii fit games are good.

The PS2 - we use as well - they love the buzz game - jungle party? good for colours and co-ordination but again only on for short while.

Dotty
19-04-2009, 08:58 PM
\forgot to say - the mindees are all school aged children - 6 and above!

Buzz Lightyear
19-04-2009, 09:16 PM
We have one but it wont be used with my mindees. I am scared they'll brake it because it's my toy :thumbsup: so it's locked away in the cupboard.

mum2two
19-04-2009, 09:20 PM
It has been used sometimes, with the older kids, but I have one parent of 8, 6yr old who has said she doesn't want the kids on computers or computer games, or watching tv as dad didn't have it when he was younger, so he doesn't want his kids on it all day... :rolleyes:

Very easy to say when you've only got a couple of kids, weather is good etc, but when you've got 10 kids, in on a wet day, & you've been out every other day of the week, sometimes tv, or 'cinema' afternoon is a welcome break for all!!

My motto is they need me more than I need them!!! The wii is active enough with the right games, and as long as they're not just shoved in front of it for hours, I don't see the harm as an occasional treat!

xx

nokidshere
19-04-2009, 09:25 PM
We have one and all the children love it - even the two year old :)

Because of the wide range of ages we only use family games and sports which are always suitable for all. The two year old joins in and plays with the older boys - they give her a steering wheel, tell her she is "that" colour car and she thinks she is playing even though she is not connected. :laughing: She comes running to me saying "I'm winning, I'm winning" LOL

I have always found that by not setting time limits they regulate themselves pretty well. All my children much prefer to be outside or drawing so tend to have one game and then go back to something else.

beerheaven
19-04-2009, 09:31 PM
We have one and all the children love it - even the two year old :)

Because of the wide range of ages we only use family games and sports which are always suitable for all. The two year old joins in and plays with the older boys - they give her a steering wheel, tell her she is "that" colour car and she thinks she is playing even though she is not connected. :laughing: She comes running to me saying "I'm winning, I'm winning" LOL

I have always found that by not setting time limits they regulate themselves pretty well. All my children much prefer to be outside or drawing so tend to have one game and then go back to something else.

I agree with you about not setting time limits.

We have a Wii and odd afternoons after school, the older kids spend up to maybe half an hour on it. However the majority of the time, they are outside or doing a craft activity. I find that I don't need to set time regulations - they seem to regulate themselves!!

When they have been at school all day being told what to do, I think they deserve, and need, some chill out time, just like as adults!!

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2009, 09:45 PM
The 4+ play on it and the little ones just jump up and down.

Not every day but a couple of days a week. During the holidays its on time is monitored.

katieanna
20-04-2009, 08:25 PM
If your camera has an SD card, you can put your photos on the wii and doodle on them (moustaches, beards etc). If your camera can take videos then you can watch them on the wii and then you can play it backwards, my kids love it!! :laughing:

emmadines
21-04-2009, 08:29 AM
we have one, the kids are only allowed to play on it for the last 30 mins of the time they are here but only if there are a max of 2 minded kiddies here (not inc mine) but then if theres any squabbling I wont allow them on it, its a reward type thing (plus I only have 2 remotes)

emmadines
21-04-2009, 08:30 AM
If your camera has an SD card, you can put your photos on the wii and doodle on them (moustaches, beards etc). If your camera can take videos then you can watch them on the wii and then you can play it backwards, my kids love it!! :laughing:

is this a program for this or is it already on the wii???

samgeordie
21-04-2009, 09:06 AM
we bought one recently but only have a few games for it, it is occassionally used on a friday with my afterschool mindee (i only have her on a friday) and my own daughter who love the singing HSM game.

huggableshelly
21-04-2009, 09:33 AM
not got one but have an old playstation with working dancemats that the older children have out after 5pm when little ones are gone. the little ones are not heavy enough or fast enough so keep getting failed which isnt nice.

loocyloo
21-04-2009, 10:41 AM
we have one, but its isn't used with the minded children! xxx

nemo97
21-04-2009, 10:51 AM
My older mindees use it. Its good to use at the end
of the day before parents pick up so that they all help
to put away the toys and activities that have been used.
This way its not all left for me to tidy when they go home.:mad:

avril
21-04-2009, 02:05 PM
I have one but my mindees are a little young yet aged 1-2yrs.
My son who is 5yrs like the carnival games and my 3yrs joins in too. :thumbsup:

katieanna
21-04-2009, 09:59 PM
is this a program for this or is it already on the wii???

You just insert your sd card into the console (behind the flap to the left of where the discs go) and it comes on the wii menu as photos. All wiis can do it.

Louise_Oaktree
22-04-2009, 12:11 PM
I am prob going to sound really behind the times now, but we have an old mega drive and the after schoolers love sonic and mario :D I would love to get a wii (so would hubby) but my 2 nephews have one and it's constantly broken or remotes need charging :( the games are also quite expensive. At least with the sega it doesn't matter if it gets trashed :D

jibberjitz
22-04-2009, 08:18 PM
I have one but dont intend to use it for minding :D