PDA

View Full Version : Dee - a new Forum Friend

Pauline
08-02-2008, 07:28 AM
This info was hidden away in another thread on another topic and could easily be missed, so I just wanted to say a special thank you here.

So............thanks Dee for your kindness in becoming a Forum Friend :)

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 07:33 AM
ooh can we do that instead of subs Pauline, make a donation x

miffy
08-02-2008, 07:37 AM
I'm a bit confused here

We don't pay subs do we? Or are we going to start?

Have I missed something?

I thought the forum friends were businesses who paid to advertise their services?

Pauline please explain - I think I should know the answer but I don't

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 07:39 AM
I'm a bit confused here

We don't pay subs do we? Or are we going to start?

Have I missed something?

I thought the forum friends were businesses who paid to advertise their services?

Pauline please explain - I think I should know the answer but I don't

Miffy xx

no Pauline has said that she will not charge a annual fee to use the forum, but you can make a donation to keep the site running I think thats what Dee has done. Doesnt have to be a company but they get to advertise on here if tey do..... is that right Pauline ???

xxx

miffy
08-02-2008, 07:40 AM
Thanks Susan

Miffy xx

sarah707
08-02-2008, 08:30 AM
yes that's right! :D

ajs
08-02-2008, 08:32 AM
and i've been waiting for someone else to do it before i did

thanks dee you've opened the flood gates

deeb66
08-02-2008, 09:40 AM
This info was hidden away in another thread on another topic and could easily be missed, so I just wanted to say a special thank you here.

So............thanks Dee for your kindness in becoming a Forum Friend :)

You are welcome Pauline.

I get so much from being a member of this forum and I don't think I could live without it....I know that is a bit melodramatic but it is how I feel.

I know that this forum must cost quite a few pennies to host and run and I know you have never asked for money Pauline but think that it wouldn't hurt for us to help out a little when we get so much back.....as you have said before....

Every Little Helps ;)

At least by doing via Forum Friend then people have a choice if they want to contribute something.....nobody is being forced to do so and payment is not a condition of membership like some other sites.

Pauline
08-02-2008, 10:21 AM
Thanks everyone, I'd never want to make the forum a paid membership and I did say to Dee that I don't want people thinking I'm touting for money from the members, it was mainly aimed at those who advertise on the forum and so make money from it - I thought they should give something back in return, from the profits they make.

But if people do feel that they would like to be involved and as Dee says, give something back, then that is fine but no one must feel obliged to do so.

If you do want to then just go to the link at the top of the forum - the little box marked "Forum Friends" there you can click on the donation button and donate as little as £1, as everything helps. (as an individual that is, it's more for businesses)

Perhaps we could have a special colour or even a special little signature logo for Forum Friends? might be worth thinking about. Would you like that?

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 10:24 AM
oooooooooooooooooh I am def going to do this later Pauline - wish I would have done it sooner now so thanks to Susan for saying something the other day and thanks to Dee for starting it

A little logo would be lovely I think

Might get my name up in lights after all haha

Great idea and I am sure I will not be the only one that wants to help

Angel xx

berkschick
08-02-2008, 11:05 AM
I am a member of another forum ( not a childminding one, dont worry lol) and they have a little pink logo thing next to the user name for those that have donated. I think it is a nice idea?

Can we put it through the books I wonder? haha

Pauline
08-02-2008, 12:35 PM
I am a member of another forum ( not a childminding one, dont worry lol) and they have a little pink logo thing next to the user name for those that have donated. I think it is a nice idea?

I'd wondered along those lines but don't know if I can do it or not, can't see any options to add anything next to user names.

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 01:43 PM
I will make my donation at the end of the month Pauline when I get my wages ! :)

deeb66
08-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Can we put it through the books I wonder? haha

I paid through Paypal and printed off a payment receipt and added to my monthly receipts.

I don't see why we couldn't put it through our books.....it is childminding related and as we gather loads of information and resources from here....don't see why not!!

Pauline
08-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I agree why not - as the rules say if it is something you would not have bought if you were not childminding then put it down :)

Thanks AJS and Miffy you are little treasures :) - you have now been added to the list and I will sort out some kind of logo or something later in the week.

jmoff
08-02-2008, 07:35 PM
HI
I think it's a great idea! I am going to contribute too as I spend most ??:laughing: evenings on here

Thank you , Pauline!

Jana x

Hopscotch
09-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Me too, i will advertise as a business with my website as i too get so much from this website.
Bev X

sarah707
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I've just made my contribution!

I advertise and get orders from people on here too, so it's only fair I give something back...

Thanks Pauline x :D

Mollymop
10-02-2008, 09:11 AM
I feel slightly guilty as I didn't know I could make a donation after all these months.
I have now and will try and do it every now and again. :)

XXXX

sarah707
10-02-2008, 09:16 AM
I feel slightly guilty as I didn't know I could make a donation after all these months.
I have now and will try and do it every now and again. :)

XXXX

Pauline would never want anyone to feel guilty Sandra! Or to feel like they have to do it... it's something she hardly ever mentions except for business contributions.

I know she will be very grateful to you though :D

Pauline
14-02-2008, 05:03 PM
Goodness me no!! Sarah is right, no one must feel obliged to join in or feel guilty or anything like that! :)

Some people wanted the forum to become a paid membership which I would never want but this way it suits everyone - those that do want to contribute and those that don't, or can't, for whatever reason.

It really is appreciated though and I will get round to sorting out the names/links/thank yous now that I 'm back. Working tomorrow morning but will hope to do it in the afternoon.

:thumbsup:

ajs
14-02-2008, 05:07 PM
HI
I think it's a great idea! I am going to contribute too as I spend most ??:laughing: evenings on here

Thank you , Pauline!

Jana x

surely that means pauline should be paying us

Pauline
15-02-2008, 02:02 PM
It really is appreciated though and I will get round to sorting out the names/links/thank yous now that I 'm back. Working tomorrow morning but will hope to do it in the afternoon.

:thumbsup:

I've now added those people to the Forum Friends list - http://childmindingforum.co.uk/forumfriends.html

If you sent a donation and your name is not there please get in touch as it hasn't arrived! :eek:

son77
15-02-2008, 04:15 PM
I dont have a paypal account, any other way of doing it??

deeb66
15-02-2008, 04:16 PM
I dont have a paypal account, any other way of doing it??

Yes....you can do it directly from your bank card.....well you could when I did it :)

son77
15-02-2008, 04:19 PM
Thanks Dee.

I hadn't heard of this until today, so when I had a quick look all I saw was Paypal.

I shall try it out later. xx

deeb66
15-02-2008, 04:22 PM
Paypal is on the right hand side of the screen but you can pay with card details on the left hand side