PDA

View Full Version : thinking having my mum

Hebs
19-04-2009, 06:01 PM
as an assistant (hmm might not be a good idea)

but anyway

it's NOT to have my numbers increased but mainly to make outings easier

if she is an assistant can she watch the kids while i pop to the loo, change a LO's nappy etc?

my mum works for social services and is CRB checked so i know that wouldn't be an issue.

what exactly does an assistant allow you to do??

ORKSIE
19-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Ok, I dont actually know but i answering this to push it up the forum IWSWIM:blush: :laughing:

oneofeach
19-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Saw this post by Pauline earlier which might help

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30688

My mum is my assistant and when I spoke to Ofsted about it they said

"With parents permission I am able to leave minded children with my mum for very short periods of time ie while I do a school run."

As far as I am aware I can only do this with under 5's.

I might be wrong/things might have changed, I haven't had time to go through the fact sheet Pauline posted the link to yet.

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2009, 08:31 PM
You could have your mum checked with Ofsted (CRB) and they will send you a letter to say that she be with the EYFS register children and then you get the Public Liability insurance to cover her to do this.

It means that she can be left with the children whilst you go and do what you need to do. They will put it on your certificate saying "short periods of time" and you will need written permission from each parent for this to happen.

I have 5 approved assistants and it is so handy to have, especially if you are ill. If they are approved you can be dying on the sofa and mum playing with the children.