PDA

View Full Version : Filling resources

Hopscotch
08-02-2008, 02:28 AM
I don't know about you but i have a tonne of resources that i have printed off, laminated etc i have a little expanding file that i keep them in filed alphabetically by subject xmas, easter etc but i am finding i am running out of room just wondering what you all do with yours.
Bev X

oakie dokie
08-02-2008, 06:26 AM
im the same, i just keep adding and buying new files, and its all since iv found the forum. someone adds a link and i start printing, its cost me a fortune in ink!:eek:

hazelx

miffy
08-02-2008, 07:24 AM
I'm starting to put things on disc so that I'm not filling up the computers memory or having loads of paper everywhere.

The trouble is I need to do a lot of sorting out first!

I have that much stuff now I forget what I've got so it doesn't all get used anyway

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
08-02-2008, 07:36 AM
I use our spare room as my office space but just have everything piled up in the cupboard so dont know what ive got and what i havent got .... so desperately need a filing cabinet with those suspension files in to keep everything in order, ust put one on my lists of things to buy !!!

xxx

twise
08-02-2008, 07:40 AM
I purchased one of those memory usb stick things and print when i need...I printed out the list of different folders that I have on the USB so I know what I have got.

Tracy

miffy
08-02-2008, 07:41 AM
Thanks that seems an even better idea than having it on disc - until I loose the stick of course :laughing:

Miffy xx

angeldelight
08-02-2008, 07:53 AM
I have a lot of mine on memory stick

Also heaps of paper work I am sorting through it all bit by bit and finding things that I had forgot about

It is a nightmare and not sure why I have it all in the first place when half the time I do not use it

Angel xx

miffy
08-02-2008, 07:54 AM
Ha ha you are just like me Angel

Miffy xx

sarah707
08-02-2008, 08:29 AM
I've just had a massive sort out of my planning paperwork, printed loads of stuff and put it all together in a ring file, by month...

... so that's one file sorted! Only 20 + to go :eek: :D

buildingblocks
08-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I have a filing cabinet for important stuff eg childrens folders, finances
Shelves full of folders of activities, Magazine articles saved, development stuff, books. I also have tons of stuff saved to CD/DVD.

I also a have a large plastic box full of stuff needing filing.

Why is it when you start to sort stuff you end up with more mess then before you started. I am tempted to pick it all up and file in the bin and start again

cherry
08-02-2008, 12:58 PM
I found that I had so much paperwork and things the children had done that I went onto Freecycle and asked if anyone had a filing cabinet they didn't want anymore and a school contacted me as they were getting rid of their's.

Now everything has a place and it's locked.

Cherry :)

Pipsqueak
08-02-2008, 01:29 PM
I have a massive storage box and filing system - my house!:D I
have my desk with my pc and the coursework in this area, in the dining room is my filing cabinet (lockable of course) and I have just turfed hubbys business stuff out of his filing cabinet and made him a nice little "office area" in his shed:D and have now comandeered that cabinet and I still don't have enough room!

deeb66
08-02-2008, 04:32 PM
I have a seperate hard drive that I store all downloadable things on E.G. if someone adds the link to a pdf file or word document.

If someone gives a link to a site then I add it to my favourites list.......I have hundreds of links on there and am trying to sort them out into some sort of order. I have set up sub files like Disabilities, festivals, multicultural, health etc etc etc....the list goes on.

I am slowly moving the links into the files so that when I want to do a topic I can look at the sub folder and find all links that I already have. E.G. If I look inside the festivals folder I have sub folders with valentines day, pancake day, mothers day, Hanukkah etc and have various different links inside.

I find this a better system as it means that I don't have look at the site in depth and find out what I want and print off and have to store everything. I can then do this when I want resources for that activity.

I hope all this makes sense?

It does however mean that my planning on each topic is a little more involved than flicking through a lever arch file but it does mean that I haven't got loads and loads of files and paperwork hanging around.

avril
08-02-2008, 05:25 PM
I am the original Miss Messy and have stuff here there and everywhere I think I just need a bigger house to fit it all in! :laughing:

Avril

Tily Bud
08-02-2008, 05:36 PM
I have some of mine in folders and the restis saved on my computer and in my favourites list x

littlepixies
11-02-2008, 03:21 PM
God! ya know what the past 2 weeks i have been feeling the same in regards to paper work just piling up which makes me think... oh god,, i gotta go through it all to find just one thing i need!!! I really need to think of a solution of storage for it.

So i emptied out a draw in the hall, and have a file box up in my room which could be used but i was thinking.....

You print and laminate or not, then you file in a cuboard,box,draw,folder.... and then forget whatyou actually have and very rarely take the time to hunt through 100000s of papers..... so the point in actually printing loads of stuff of is a bit of a waste.

So i thought i might print one of everything out, and make a file of different themes and festivals and then put it in a see through pocket one each side(i know there will be loads) and file them away... this way you have some idea of what ya have and can photo copy to needs.:jump for joy:

sarah707
11-02-2008, 05:59 PM
I'm the same I've got paper everywhere!

I had a big clear out a while ago and just keep one of everything, in files labelled with what's inside... lots of files, but it's much easier than having paper everywhere and I can find things now (usually!) :D