PDA

View Full Version : compost

Moominmomma
18-04-2009, 10:15 PM
have any of you used compost in your trays. I was thinking of putting some in and giving the kids little plant pots and spades.

Are there any health issues with this?

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 10:19 PM
Dont know, never thought of compost. Suppose it depends on whats in the compost:rolleyes:

Angela234
18-04-2009, 10:20 PM
I often do this, i also change it and get a bag of topsoil from garden centre they love it.

Angela

gegele
18-04-2009, 10:21 PM
don't let them eat it :ROFL1:

i think that as long as they wash their hands afetr and don't eat it it should be ok surely!!!

well i've done it with my dd and will do it with mindee (when i have some LOL) and i'm thinking of having a mud pit!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

singlewiththree
19-04-2009, 06:36 AM
I definately wouldn't recommend home made compost it was disgusting. I had ran out of bought compost and my BF said well isn't that a compost bin the corner of your garden that should be ready by now. It was like a try and decide what that might have been and it was covered in those little brown jumping bugs and worms yuk.

I give mine bark straight out of the garden so can't see why they couldn't use compost.

Shar
19-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I do use compost in a large wooden planter for the children to play with. They like to put dinosaurs in the compost, it's great!! I make sure it's covered up after use (cat's love it too) and wash hands.:thumbsup:

huggableshelly
19-04-2009, 08:02 AM
i use compost or topsoil for mindees to play in, some prefer it to sand.

Lady Haha
20-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Funnily enough we had compost (from the garden centre) in our tray today! The kids loved it! We had Bob the Builder vehicles in there and some jungle and farm animals:rolleyes:

I was going to start a thread about my tuff spot, as I only got it at the end of last week and I'm in love with it already! We had moon sand in it on Friday.

Wonderful invention!!!!