PDA

View Full Version : New Ofsted factsheet for assistants

Pauline
18-04-2009, 10:14 PM
Ofsted have just published a new factsheet giving details of what can and cannot be done when using an assistant. The factsheet gives details for both the EYR and CCR

Haven't studied them fully yet, but I can already see a problem, on the CCR you cannot leave an assistant alone on the premises with children!! So if you have to go out, you have to drag your assistant and all the children with you :panic:

You can download them here:

Ofsted factsheet for assistants (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Factsheet-childcare-The-use-of-assistants-by-childminders-on-the-Early-Years-and-Childcare-Registers)

hello kitty
18-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Thanks Pauline, that's great. Have printed it off to keep handy ~ somewhere!

Heaven Scent
19-04-2009, 12:32 AM
If you are on both registers surely if you need to go out during the school hols surely you can leave the children covered by EYR e.g a sleeping baby and take those on the CCR e.g. a 9year old child out with you - that way you are complying with both registers aren't you. - That's how I read it anyway.

hello kitty
19-04-2009, 08:01 AM
What comes across to me is that there is no hard and fast rule. Every childminder and assistant is unique and Ofsted will grant or deny the assistant being in sole charge on their individual merits. Talk about confusing.

tigger
19-04-2009, 09:43 AM
Thank you for this Pauline. It has clarified that in a true emergency you can leave an over 5 with a responsible adult. I was worried that if something were to happen to me and if I was unconcious or I had to be taken away in an ambulance or something like that then as long as the parents were contacted to collect the children they could be left with a Police person/ambulance person etc. (That is if I have read it properly! hopefully I have.)