PDA

View Full Version : Minding from B&b's??

aly
18-04-2009, 05:07 PM
My OH asked if anyone has ever done it or would it be a defo no-no???

We have these little chats now and again especially when it is nice weather about moving and opening a b&b but obviously I would still do childminding but whether that would be too risky etc??

:idea:

Heaven Scent
18-04-2009, 05:14 PM
Possibly could work as B&B has more demand at week- end and they would possibly arrive in the evenings and be left before mindees arrive in the morning your other half would have to deal with the guests while you did the minding - you may need to employ an assistant also who could work between both so they could be with the kiddies in an emergency if you had to deal with a B&B query plus you would have to keep children very separate from the B&B guests etc etc and ofcourse have a very detailed Risk Assessment. It could be possible with a great deal of planning and a large premises so guests wouldn't have access to mindees. Have I rained on your parade - if so I am sorry.

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 05:29 PM
So many factors.

If you were childminding you could not be running the B&B.
You could childmind in a different area to guests

Risk Assessments are key here.

Possible but seperate businesses

tulip0803
18-04-2009, 09:54 PM
I am not sure. It would be difficult to risk assess when different people are coming in and out and hard to ensure that guests leave front door shut - unless you have a seperate self-contained childminding area. I think that you would have to speak to CSSIW to guage how open they would be to the idea.

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I am not sure. It would be difficult to risk assess when different people are coming in and out and hard to ensure that guests leave front door shut - unless you have a seperate self-contained childminding area. I think that you would have to speak to CSSIW to guage how open they would be to the idea.

This was my consern also:)

aly
18-04-2009, 11:29 PM
thanks...good suggestions there.

I wouldn't actually be involved during mindee hours hours anyway so that bit wouldnt be an issue.

Like I said it was more of those holiday times/wishful thinking things so defo not a near future plan but still an idea to look at in future maybe??

thanks for the input

xx