PDA

View Full Version : Lost mindees!!

Minnie mouse
18-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Im so peed off, ive just lost my only 2 mindees which brought in a good little wage and all the school hols off!! I have nop idea what im gonna do now with no work and no income and a mortgage to pay :panic: I had my little one in hospital for 2 nights at the beginning of week and now i have no job! i cant take much more :mad:

sunnysmile
18-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Oh no.. That is very tough, the only problem with this job is the unpredictability of it.

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 04:48 PM
sorry to hear your news

hope your little one is better real soon

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Oh no - back to the drawing board then. Did they say why? At least you will have the notice period to help a bit

Hope something else comes along soon for you

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I hope your LO is ok now.
Something will turn up soon.
Sending a hug:)

Minnie mouse
18-04-2009, 05:11 PM
my lo is much better now thanks his over the gastric bug. The childrens mum has decided she aint goin back to college and i get paid by the jobcentre as shes a single mum so i doubt il get 4 weeks paid notice :angry: as she aint going back anymore :mad:

mushpea
18-04-2009, 05:20 PM
oh how awful for you, get some posters up everywhere possible, toddler groups, preschools, schools, libarys, maternity wards, i put one in the post office and newsagents and have had calls from them.
make sure you ring the familys information service and change something on your details, every time your details change you get put back to the top of the list.
good luck

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Oh no, sorry to hear your news!! Hope things pick up soon for you hun

Demonjill
18-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Fingers x something comes along for you soon.:thumbsup:

georgie456
19-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Sorry to hear your news - but glad your lo is better

tigger
19-04-2009, 09:31 AM
Really sorry to hear about that. Something will turn up and when it does it will be better than last time. I'm going to be loosing three of mine soon so know how you feel. Going to go back to the drawing board again heyho!
I hope all is well with your lo and he/she gets well really soon. x

The Juggler
19-04-2009, 10:00 AM
That's awful. Surely even Jobcentre have to commit to some sort of notice period don't they - did you sign a contract with them?

Glad your LO is better now. E-mail and ad to the children's centres and your local school and use the local netmums childcare board.

I e-mailed an ad to lots of local schools ones as I wanted term-time only and wanted to target teachers and school staff. Ask if they'll put it up in the staffroom.

Also let all the other local childminders know you're looking and give them your number,then if they have any enquries they can pass them on.

Good luck
x