PDA

View Full Version : emergency childcare

mushpea
18-04-2009, 04:19 PM
www.emergencychildcare.co.uk

has anyone worked for these before? if so how do we get around the contract thing

amirose
18-04-2009, 04:22 PM
I signed up ages ago but no enquiries. You have all your usual paperwork and you don't even have to be paid through their site if you don't want to. As far as I am aware you get a text with their information and the rest is up to you.

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 04:24 PM
isn't that where parents can go to find emergency cover rather than where we go?

I have a CM who is my emergency cover and visa versa, she knows where I keep the emergency cards for children in my care and visa versa, we both have permissions from all parents to gain access to information if ever the emergency were to occur.

Heaven Scent
18-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Huggableshelly I think you've got the wrong end of the stick - its a site where we can register our details and if we have a space and a parent requires emergency care then they can get our details from there but you have to be a member of the NCMA - I let my membership lapse last year and couldn't register as I didn't have membership number to enter.

You are talking about emergency cover in the event of an emergency while we are minding.

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 04:44 PM
oh oops sorry ... yes I did get the wrong end of the stick.

too busy getting stressed out and its a wkend .. chill pill anyone pretty plz?

I'm off now to hide in a corner lol ....

no I havent ever used that site.

loocyloo
18-04-2009, 04:46 PM
i'm registered with emergency childcare, but have only used it for one set of current children, as mums company pays for emergency childcare, as long as you do it through this company.

emergency childcare were very helpful to both mum and i, and quick to answer any queries.

they said it was up to me to do contracts, but i would do a short term one, (including permissions etc ) having got as much info in advance from parents and filling it all in, ready for parents to sign at drop off!

i've only been paid through emergency childcare, and it was quick, at the end of the month.

xxx

singlewiththree
18-04-2009, 04:55 PM
I've been registered with them for ages however haven't had one enquiry :(

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:26 PM
Sounds like a good idea :thumbsup: