PDA

View Full Version : three wheelers

mushpea
18-04-2009, 02:33 PM
can anyone recomend a three wheeler buggy with swival wheels that is easy to push and good on rough terrain?
also can you suggest a double three wheeler for the above as well please

flora
18-04-2009, 03:03 PM
Out and About nipper 360

THE fabbest pushchair around. I have both single and double and I would tell everyone to get one.

I live half a mile from the road down an unmade farm track, google me if you want to see how bad :eek: and both cope with no probs :clapping:

Is that praise enough ???? :blush:

littlesprogs
18-04-2009, 03:09 PM
Out and About nipper 360

THE fabbest pushchair around. I have both single and double and I would tell everyone to get one.

I live half a mile from the road down an unmade farm track, google me if you want to see how bad :eek: and both cope with no probs :clapping:

Is that praise enough ???? :blush:

I've been to floras house and can honestly say if it can get down her unmade farm track then it must be good!!!! My car only just managed it :P :laughing:

mushpea
18-04-2009, 03:15 PM
thats good then as i need to get it along a lane and through some woods for when we take the dog out, its mainly for the cooler wether and darker nights as in lighter nights my partner takes him out after work and its to hot during the day anyway .
i have a graco single three wheeler at the moment which is great but the front wheel don't swival so with the buggy board on its a pain to steer, i love graco and also have a 4 wheeler and a double buggy from them but defintaly need one with a swival wheel.

sophiestars
18-04-2009, 08:14 PM
I also have a nipper 360 double and love it - it is soooo light to push even with 2 fairly heavy children in, the only downside is the lack of storage space but you can buy an extra basket thingy to go at the bottom - I haven't bought one yet.

I have a Quinny speedi sx single three wheeler which is also lovely - very roomy and comfortable for the children but the downside is (and quite a design flaw I think) is that the extendable handle doesn't always stay in place. When I had my second son I had a buggy board for my eldest son and with the extra weight the handle used to end up going back down and squashing him!

I don't think you can go far wrong with a mountain buggy they are very sturdy but also v v v expensive. Maybe get one second hand?

hello kitty
18-04-2009, 10:02 PM
I have just bought a Quinny Speedy and on it's first outing it has been great. Easy and light to push and goes up and down kerbs with ease. :clapping:

flora
19-04-2009, 11:06 AM
I've been to floras house and can honestly say if it can get down her unmade farm track then it must be good!!!! My car only just managed it :P :laughing:

I have no idea what you mean Louise :blush: :blush:

Chatterbox Childcare
19-04-2009, 11:07 AM
I have one from Mothercare called Odyssey I think. Brilliant and sturdy with thick wheels. Great for all terrains as the wheels pump up (same as others I would think)

Pudding Girl
19-04-2009, 11:32 AM
Nipper 360 double or single

Mountain buggy double or single

Baby Jogger City classic/elite double or single

Bob revolution double or single

in no particular order :)

and whatever you get, get Slime for the wheels!

loocyloo
19-04-2009, 11:36 AM
i have the speedi for my single, its great.

i wish they made a double!

i have an urban detour twin, love that too!

i didn't get on with the nipper, found the handle a bit too low, and pushing it gave me back ache! ( and i'm only 5ft 5 !!! )

xxx

Polly2
19-04-2009, 12:51 PM
mothercare urban detour :clapping:

ajs
19-04-2009, 01:19 PM
mothercare urban detour :clapping:

exactly what i've got and it's very sturdy.

i can push it single handed too so that i can still hold another child's hand if need be
i bought mine off ebay and only paid £28 for it well worth 10 x that though

helliegall
19-04-2009, 05:12 PM
Hello

Nipper INstep double - got mine off ebay for £100 and although it is not the swivel wheel it is absolutely FAB!! Wish I had got one when I started minding

Helen

Mrs.L.C
19-04-2009, 06:05 PM
Twin Out n about nipper 360 all the way here :clapping:

westbrom44
19-04-2009, 06:06 PM
Hello, I still have my Mothercare 3 wheeler buggy which I had for my 8 year old son. A friend gave it to me, who had used it for a year or so before me. It is orange and green, but still going strong.
I dont use it in my car, as it is too big for my Zafira with all of the seats up, but I use it for long walks. It is great over rough terrain.

Jen4Kids
20-04-2009, 03:05 PM
I love the Urban Detour singles and doubles, but the doule doesnt fit in my post office door so it had to go :laughing:

The Instep Nipper Twin Double is great for pushing but i had the fixed wheel and got fed up with going round corners and i have a weak wrist so i changed it to a P&T (sold after a weeks use :blush: ) and now have a Graco Duosport :thumbsup: (not good for off roading tho :laughing: )

Oh, i had an ABC Adventure Buggy in single which was great - that comes in single and double and has a single or double toddler seat which fits on top

katickles
20-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I have the urban detour double aswell & love it. Only thing i would say is it is heavy lifting in/out of car boot, but the ride is great. Again i can push 1 handed with 2 children in so i am able to hold another little hand!

My mindee had the single & his parents loved it :)