PDA

View Full Version : just been told child not here from Monday!!!!

sarahstanbridge
18-04-2009, 01:35 PM
my local school's after school club will open on monday and i have just received a text from one of my parent to say that her son will be attending the club as off monday so my services are no longer required. this child is term time only.

very nice text really - told me i am a gem! wasnt a surprised as i guessed they would use it due to the hours that E is here and the fact that the club is half my price. they have asked if they could come see me on monday evening - am hoping the are going to pay up the 2 weeks notice that the contract states but am doubtful prob just want to say thanks!!

they must have known that the intended to use the club when i asked them 2 weeks ago about what was happening after easter.

was only a temp contract for one month at the end of october so i guess i should think myself lucky but i WILL miss the money!!

am expecting to loose the other after schooler i have too although i may be lucky and keep her untill sept as the after school club does not provide a cooked meal BUT the school will be able top provide that in September.

thanks for reading

Hebs
18-04-2009, 01:38 PM
sorry to hear this hun

don't be suprised if mindee comes back in a few weeks as ALL the kids i know that go to after school clubs HATE them,

nowt better than being in a relaxed home environment :thumbsup:

balloon
18-04-2009, 01:40 PM
I've just lost my 4YO to an ASC so know completely how you feel - he was the same, here one day and gone the next...

Shar
18-04-2009, 02:36 PM
Most of my before and afer school kids came to me from the b & a sch club. They hated it and were left to run riot and sit on the ps2 for 3 hours!! Don't be surprised if they want to return to you once the novelty wears off. Hope you fill your place before they try. Good luck. :thumbsup:

sarahstanbridge
18-04-2009, 02:40 PM
sorry to hear this hun

don't be suprised if mindee comes back in a few weeks as ALL the kids i know that go to after school clubs HATE them,

nowt better than being in a relaxed home environment :thumbsup:

unfortuately parents seem to only look at £ signs

westbrom44
18-04-2009, 02:41 PM
A child I have two days a week has 2 siblings who use an afterschool club and they absolutely hate it. They keep asking if they can come to me instead, but unfortunately I dont have the space.

TheBTeam
18-04-2009, 02:42 PM
The only kids i know that have liked the asc are the dep heads twins that i lost to it, so she could be seen to support it! They run riot and allow the kids to wee up trees and shout rude things at people watching their children doing sports for after school activity. One lad i lost to it recently because it was cheaper really doesn't like it and wants to come back to us, but because he has had behaviour issues at school, mum has been advised not to give in to him!

I would make it clear you expect the notice money, can you text her to say it will be nice to see them on monday and the outstanding amount is!

Hebs
18-04-2009, 03:21 PM
unfortuately parents seem to only look at £ signs

yes they do, but if their child is miserable they will return :thumbsup:

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 03:51 PM
I lost 2 bros to an ASC, they hated it and told me so wheneva they saw me, their mother made them cos it was cheaper than me. i had had the eldest child from when he was 10months old, he was 10yrs old when I lost them both,
That was a killer, they became almost one of my own:(

louise
18-04-2009, 03:57 PM
I don't have any before and after school kids at the mo. I think i know what club you mean as my ds goes to Bramber and he got the leaflet. I had a nosy at the website and it looks good. So i know have 2 clubs picking up from ds school. I did put ds in the other one one morning a week during half term as he finished preschool a few weeks earlier the the schools and i didn't want him to get bored during the 8 1/2 weeks and get use to being with me 24/7 must say i wasn't that impressed if i didn't know one of the staff members i wouldn't of known anythin g he done.

Oh if its the sameone have you looked at the parents handbook? they include there reg number, how many people could abuse that?

Allie
18-04-2009, 04:04 PM
I lost two siblings to the after school club last year after five years with them it was hard to hear mum say they could manage with the after school club and friends helping out in holidays

Allie

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Sorry to hear this! A bit more notice from the parent would have been better :rolleyes:

Mouse
18-04-2009, 07:08 PM
I've heard that our Children's Centre is going to offer an ASC sometime soon. I don't do before & after school, but I do wonder how it will effect other minders.

Personally I think that after a full day at school a lot of children want to go to a home environment where they can chill out rather than be in an ASC.

Hebs
18-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Personally I think that after a full day at school a lot of children want to go to a home environment where they can chill out rather than be in an ASC.

yeah thats TRUE

hence why one of our ASC's closed at christmas due to insufficient demand :D

sarahstanbridge
19-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I don't have any before and after school kids at the mo. I think i know what club you mean as my ds goes to Bramber and he got the leaflet. I had a nosy at the website and it looks good. So i know have 2 clubs picking up from ds school. I did put ds in the other one one morning a week during half term as he finished preschool a few weeks earlier the the schools and i didn't want him to get bored during the 8 1/2 weeks and get use to being with me 24/7 must say i wasn't that impressed if i didn't know one of the staff members i wouldn't of known anythin g he done.

Oh if its the sameone have you looked at the parents handbook? they include there reg number, how many people could abuse that?

its called tic toc play.. yes ive just seen their reg number on the site