PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning outdoor toys?

Mouse
18-04-2009, 08:34 AM
What have you found is the best way for cleaning outdoor toys (plastic slide, climbing frame etc?)

They're all looking a bit grubby & green. I haven't got a pressure washer, so do you have any ways of getting them clean other than bleach & a scrubbing brush?

Thank you :D

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 08:37 AM
I find wasing up Liqd quite good.and a scrubbing brush:)

Roseolivia
18-04-2009, 08:38 AM
Pressure washer and washing up liquid

FussyElmo
18-04-2009, 08:41 AM
Yeah the hubby:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

No seriously I use the CIF bathroom mousse good for your white pvc windows too.:)

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 10:17 AM
I buy the cheap patio cleaner from the £1 shops or MBOS if you have one.

All the little bits and pieces I put in the dishwasher and finish drying them in the microwave

nokidshere
18-04-2009, 10:28 AM
I give the children buckets of warm water with washing up liquid in and leave them to it - job done :D

Daftbat
18-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I give the children buckets of warm water with washing up liquid in and leave them to it - job done :D

I have done this before too - they love it! For stubborn bits i use cif or something similar.

jellytot
18-04-2009, 10:31 AM

me too :laughing: :laughing: kids love it

Alibali
18-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Cleaning their own toys?

I like that idea:clapping:

hello kitty
18-04-2009, 11:18 AM
Works for me too! :laughing:

The Juggler
18-04-2009, 12:51 PM
I have done this before too - they love it! For stubborn bits i use cif or something similar.

me too! great activity and help with the cleaning - they all love it!

haribo
18-04-2009, 01:26 PM
haha my los painted yesterday and i couldnt get their hands clean, later on they were playing with water outside and i put some bubbles in and they ended up squeaky clean ,plus they washed all the small toys without being asked lol i love the warm weather its so much easier to do this job:laughing:

helenlc
18-04-2009, 02:50 PM

Me and my 9 yr old daughtr always clean the Little Tykes play kitchen and other toys with warm soapy water. Always come up a treat!! And she loves it. Might get 3 yr old mindee to help with some this year too.

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 02:55 PM
yip kids do the cleaning here too

nothing wrong with a water bucket and some toys then leave them to air dry in the garden.

Pedagog
18-04-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a little word of warning, if you are letting children wash things then please only use children's bubble bath, and not washing up liquid, as washing up liquid is a bit harsh for children's skin and is believed to be carcinogenic so should not be ingested.

watgem
18-04-2009, 03:02 PM
I add a bit of miltons or other baby bottle sterilising fluid in with washing up liquid and it brings them up a treat, obviously this for adults only:)

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 03:05 PM
Just a little word of warning, if you are letting children wash things then please only use children's bubble bath, and not washing up liquid, as washing up liquid is a bit harsh for children's skin and is believed to be carcinogenic so should not be ingested.

I use tescos own bubblebath and not had anyone react yay ... but to be honest it didnt cross my mind that washing up liquid wasnt a good idea! glad I dont use it other than for the bubble making machine.

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:32 PM
I use washing up liquid and the hose pipe :thumbsup:

Mouse
18-04-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks everyone!

I normally let the little ones help when the toys aren't too dirty (IFSWIM), but these were pretty grubby...or so I thought! I went out armed with a bucketful of soapy/bleachy water and a scrubbing brush, but they cleaned up really easily.

I, however, stink of bleach & have bleached marks all over my top - good job it was an old one :laughing:

Toothfairy
20-04-2009, 08:00 PM
When they are realy grubby I use my pressure washer.
On nice warm days I get buckets of warm water with 'No Tears' shampoo in (incase it gets into their eyes) and the mindees get busy with their sponges. They love it! :thumbsup:

nokidshere
21-04-2009, 05:33 PM

Oh thats ok - I make mine wear full set of waterproofs, goggles and gloves :D And they aren't allowed to drink it :rolleyes: