PDA

View Full Version : On from spelling

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Saw WTG on a thread so what does it mean?

Trouble
17-04-2009, 10:56 PM
pass but now im curious:idea:

Trouble
17-04-2009, 11:00 PM
i think it means way to go

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 11:01 PM
far too much for me!!!

huggableshelly
18-04-2009, 07:33 AM
it means way to go as in good job or well done etc

FussyElmo
18-04-2009, 07:43 AM
I dont know what half of them mean actually Im lying about 95%. I know theres a list on here somewhere but I just try and guess and hope I dont get the context wrong :)

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 07:49 AM
OMW i didnt know that, was trying to work that out and then my DD told me, thank goodness for teenagers:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 10:21 AM
OMW i didnt know that, was trying to work that out and then my DD told me, thank goodness for teenagers:laughing:

Mine is away hence the question! I would have thought W2G would have been better and given me more of a clue :laughing:

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 11:30 AM
Mine is away hence the question! I would have thought W2G would have been better and given me more of a clue :laughing:

W2G, LOL took me a couple of mins to work that out:blush:
I am rubbish at text talk :blush: But i usually work it out in the end or ask DD or DS :laughing:

peanuts
18-04-2009, 01:59 PM
ive just received this in my church newsletter and had a wee laugh at it with the posts lately

spelling what spelling?
i cdnuolt blveiee tath i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg. the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn,t mttaet in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclea. the rset can be a taotl mses and ytou can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. amzanig huh?

that was so hard to copy my fingers kept on wanting to spell it correctly, im quite a quick typer: :phew: :laughing:

westbrom44
18-04-2009, 02:22 PM
What does IYSWIM mean, even my daughter doesnt know!

Shar
18-04-2009, 02:25 PM
If you see what I mean. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: XX

Shar
18-04-2009, 02:28 PM
I have 2 teenage kid's who have taught me something!! Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks???:thumbsup:

TheBTeam
18-04-2009, 02:30 PM
What does IYSWIM mean, even my daughter doesnt know!

If you see what i mean!!

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 04:06 PM
ive just received this in my church newsletter and had a wee laugh at it with the posts lately

spelling what spelling?
i cdnuolt blveiee tath i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg. the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn,t mttaet in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclea. the rset can be a taotl mses and ytou can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but teh wrod as a wlohe. amzanig huh?

that was so hard to copy my fingers kept on wanting to spell it correctly, im quite a quick typer: :phew: :laughing:

I looked at this and thought what:panic: but i could read it:laughing:

Heaven Scent
18-04-2009, 04:21 PM
They have made an error - It says it doesn't matter what order the leters are in so long as the 1st and last letter are in the right place - BUT - in the word place they haven't done that - a is at the end of the word and not e. - I could still read it though - I must have super human powers :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

ruby
18-04-2009, 04:36 PM
i didn't have any problem reading that either

have never texted and wouldn't know how leave all that to Rachel

cathy

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:27 PM

spelling what spelling?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

jibberjitz
18-04-2009, 05:28 PM
it means way to go as in good job or well done etc

Would not have guessed that one!:D

her8y
18-04-2009, 05:31 PM
I could read it too and very easily.....I will print this off for my daughters english teacher.:laughing: :D

peanuts
18-04-2009, 07:23 PM
superstar that might have been me making a typing error