PDA

View Full Version : out an about nipper/urban detour

carebear25
17-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Any body have 1 of these prams, im lookin at a few on ebay at moment but wondering if they r any smaller than McLaren Twin Traveller.

It will b for 2 17mth olds boy & girl. Also will it fit in boot of Ford Fiesta easily

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

flora
17-04-2009, 07:53 PM
I love my out and about both the single and double versions they are FAB :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

I would recommmend them both to anybody.

What do you need to know????

carebear25
17-04-2009, 07:57 PM
if it is any smaller than Mclaren Twin
it it will fit in boot of Fiesta
if it is easy 2 push with 2 17 mth olds in (1 boy 28lbish an 1 girl 23lbish)

flora
17-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Well I push two three yrs old in mine :thumbsup:

dimensions are......... wait here whilst I measure :D

It's only 28 inches across at it's widest point and folds very flat, you can take the wheels off too.

I have no idea how big a fiesta boot is if you measure how much room the boot has I will fold mine up for you and see??????

Pudding Girl
17-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Nippers are lovely to push and look v comfy and are lightweight but no, def not smaller width wise than your mac twin. Folds flat so as long as width of the buggy is less than width of boot, should be fine. can easy check width of both online

carebear25
17-04-2009, 08:05 PM
with the mcclaren i can get it into the boot but it does take sum doing an makin life hard work really

Mrs.L.C
17-04-2009, 08:11 PM
my husbands got a fiesta and looking at it, my twin out n about would not fit into the boot how ever I would measure the width of the boot and the width of the buggy and double check.

When the buggy is unfolded it is only slightly wider than a maclaren traveller and will fit through most doors no problem

when folded it isnt quite as long but is wider if that makes sense

The buggy itself is a dream. I have had 2 large 2 year olds in it and had no problem.

I used to have a maclaren twin traveller and I would choose the twin out n about nipper over it any day

Pudding Girl
17-04-2009, 08:13 PM
you'd maybe need to take parcel shelf down and stand it up rather than lie it flat on floor of buggy.

Mrs.L.C
17-04-2009, 08:14 PM
you'd maybe need to take parcel shelf down and stand it up rather than lie it flat on floor of buggy.

That may make the difference

Pudding Girl
17-04-2009, 08:16 PM
I am very sad :o and belong to a pram addicts forum, so have posted and asked.

BTW I am not the only sad one there someone else from ehre is a member too but I shan't out them and their dirty little secret :rolleyes: :D :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

carebear25
17-04-2009, 08:16 PM
my husbands got a fiesta and looking at it, my twin out n about would not fit into the boot how ever I would measure the width of the boot and the width of the buggy and double check.

When the buggy is unfolded it is only slightly wider than a maclaren traveller and will fit through most doors no problem

when folded it isnt quite as long but is wider if that makes sensethat does make sense

my fiesta is 5 dr hatch Zetec model the new shape,

now thinkin it may be beta 2 get a decent buggy an get a buggy board an swap the kiddies round but then they sleep at same time so if we're out an about it wont work, need 2 really think bout this b4 spendin anymore money!!

carebear25
17-04-2009, 08:19 PM
I am very sad :o and belong to a pram addicts forum, so have posted and asked.

BTW I am not the only sad one there someone else from ehre is a member too but I shan't out them and their dirty little secret :rolleyes: :D :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i am a bit of a pram addict, have got travel system 4 my ds, had 2 strollers, an am on my 2nd twin buggy 1st bein a M&P aria. Have got both twins off ebay totall bout £25 so not 2 worried

Mrs.L.C
17-04-2009, 08:19 PM
that does make sense

my fiesta is 5 dr hatch Zetec model the new shape,

the boot maybe different on the new model. Is it the model that looks similar to the focus?

carebear25
17-04-2009, 08:25 PM
:) like this 1

Mrs.L.C
17-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Oh thats bigger than my hubbys so u might find it will fit

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh thats bigger than my hubbys so u might find it will fit

:rolleyes:

carebear25
17-04-2009, 08:52 PM
ive gone from lookin at a new buggy 2 a new car - OMG my dh is passed out on floor !!!!! lol

Blaze
17-04-2009, 08:54 PM
I'm a pram addict too LOL...didn't know there was a forum for it!

Pudding Girl
18-04-2009, 06:22 AM
ooooh yesh :D

mummyroysof3
18-04-2009, 06:26 AM
im addicted to pushchairs too, im on my 10th since jack was born 4 years ago and still got to get a double one yet :laughing:

charlotte x

Mrs.L.C
18-04-2009, 10:12 AM
:rolleyes:

Maybe I should have rephrased that lol

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 11:38 AM
Maybe I should have rephrased that lol

:laughing: :laughing: That did make me giggle:)

loocyloo
18-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I'm a pram addict too LOL...didn't know there was a forum for it!

me neither! and i'm a bit of a pram addict too! think its an occuaptional hazard!

;)

i have a twin urban detour and i love it, very easy to push. but i don't think it folds down very small. i keep it up in the garage all the time!

i tried a nipper, but found it too low to push, and hurt my back!

xxx

Jen4Kids
20-04-2009, 03:23 PM
I didnt know there was a forum either ;)

When i had my youngest two dds they were 16mths apart and i went throu 14 double pushchairs and then countless contraptions on a single, then loads of singles while my youngest still needed a pushchair, then all the other singles i had with my other two children and doubles cause they were 21mths apart. I tried to list them all once and got to 60 and gave up :laughing:

My user name on ebay is buggyqueen1980 :laughing: :blush:

carebear25
29-04-2009, 07:07 AM
Well I push two three yrs old in mine :thumbsup:

dimensions are......... wait here whilst I measure :D

It's only 28 inches across at it's widest point and folds very flat, you can take the wheels off too.

I have no idea how big a fiesta boot is if you measure how much room the boot has I will fold mine up for you and see??????

Ok been thinking more - new car not an option.

Measurements of boot r
width between wheels - 39inches
width from back seet 2 - 26inches
depth with parcel shelf - 21inches
(does that make sense)