PDA

View Full Version : Safety 1st double buggy

louise
17-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Hi, Has anyone got one of these? There is one on Ebay not far from me with a low bid. I was looking into getting a tandem for the school run in sept as the roads get quite narrow for 2 kids to hold and the side by side buggy together.
It looked Orange at first look but after a google i can't find orange only red ones. This maybe why its so low as it looks orange.

I don't drive and no double buggy will fit into my doorway as i have a tiny hall so thats no problem.
Its going to be 2 17month olds in it. The mclaren hurt my dodgy wrist after awhile but then i did have my lazy 3 yr old and a 2 yr old in it.

thank you
Louise

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 07:20 PM
If you get a tandem put the heaviest child in the back, from my experience they are hard to mount the curb, and made my back hurt, but thats my opinion:) someone else may have had a better experience:)

FussyElmo
17-04-2009, 07:27 PM
If you get a tandem put the heaviest child in the back, from my experience they are hard to mount the curb, and made my back hurt, but thats my opinion:) someone else may have had a better experience:)

I agree my experiance with a tandem I felt like I was doing a running jump to get up it. My side by side fit through a normal I measured the door and then went to the markets and measured them all :)

louise
17-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Thanks. I think there is pros and cons to both. This one is at 5.50 at the mo with 17hrs left! If it stays low i'll keep both and see which is better for me. I'll only need it 2 days a weeks during term time.

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 07:36 PM
If both children are little you may be fine with the tandem.:)

louise
18-04-2009, 03:14 PM
How annoying i forgot untill just now and it has ended. It went for £21. I didn't do a bid last night as hubbie was out and i had forgotten the password. Oh well.

ORKSIE
18-04-2009, 04:09 PM
Oh dear there will be another along soon:)

Demonjill
18-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Aww shame you missed that bargain but there will be others.:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
18-04-2009, 11:11 PM
I cannot use the one in front of another buggys as they hurt my back, especially with two older ones in.

I have the trile buggy with pneumatic tyres and these are great. I pump them up when the heavy ones are in there.