PDA

View Full Version : Childminding on a Saturday

Millievanilli
17-04-2009, 04:48 PM
Hi, hope this is the right place to post. Am starting to get my first enquiries, and have had an email from a lady asking if I can have her daughter for 5hours every other Saturday morning. I haven't got much on at the moment so I'd be happy to do it, and I haven't got much experience so at least it would be a start. The only thing is I'm not sure about the logistics of it-is it worth doing a contract etc for such few hours? Also, should I charge more than normal as it's a Saturday. The other thing is my partner would be there, and although he's been CRB checked I'm not sure if I'm allowed to leave her with him if I need to go to the loo etc! Thanks, Faith.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 04:58 PM
You can leave the child in the same room as your partner but you cannot leave them and you go out.

Personally I would charge 1.5 time for a Saturday.

You still need to do all the paperwork involved with a child, regardless of how many hours you have them

You could come to an agreement as a babysitter as long as you don't have any childminded children at the time.

Daftbat
17-04-2009, 05:13 PM
You can leave the child in the same room as your partner but you cannot leave them and you go out.

Personally I would charge 1.5 time for a Saturday.

You still need to do all the paperwork involved with a child, regardless of how many hours you have them

You could come to an agreement as a babysitter as long as you don't have any childminded children at the time.

I agree with above

Millievanilli
17-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Ok thanks, if I came to an agreement as a babysitter what would I need to do?

jibberjitz
17-04-2009, 08:34 PM
I would be tempted to do it especially as its not every week :thumbsup: