PDA

View Full Version : Are Ofsted "running late"?

nokidshere
17-04-2009, 02:39 PM
I had a call back in December from the Ofsted Inspector asking how many children did I mind and what days did I work so she could prepare for my inspection which was due in January.

Since then I have heard nothing at all - are they behind? Has anyone else waited so long? I was thinking maybe I should call them and see?

Mouse
17-04-2009, 02:50 PM
Mine would have been due in Feb, but I had a phone call in early Jan & she came three days later!

Chimps Childminding
17-04-2009, 03:15 PM
Mine was due beginning of Feb, not heard anything yet, and certainly not going to remind them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing:

Mollymop
17-04-2009, 03:18 PM
It looks as though ofsted are quick at inspecting all the newly registered childminders though. Some member on here are inspected after only 2 months of registering:panic: :rolleyes:

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Seems doing your SEF may remind them:panic:
A chilminder coleague of mine hit SEND and got the call a couple of weeks later:panic: It was probably just coinsidence:rolleyes:

huggableshelly
17-04-2009, 03:24 PM
mine was due sept 08

I called to change my numbers and was informed I would be inspected within the next 2 wks ... that was beginning of feb

still waiting and no longer bothered if they turn up or not as i know i've got everything as it should be to my standards.

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 04:10 PM
Mine was due Sept 08 and I had a call in Jan to say it would be by end of March and she turned up on 31st March.

I think it all depends on how many new ones are waiting and I think they get seen first and then they work their way down the list.

Sit back and enjoy.

If you don't have children when they come the best you can get is a satisfactory so I wouldn't push for it or borrow some for the day!

nokidshere
17-04-2009, 04:13 PM
I have no intention of letting them inspect me without children - what would be the point in that?? They can't insist can they?

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 04:18 PM
They set the date of inspection so yes they can inspect you without children.

nokidshere
17-04-2009, 07:43 PM
They set the date of inspection so yes they can inspect you without children.

Is that new since my last inspection then? Last time they gave me 3 dates on the days I was working and turned up on one of them. They said they couldn't inspect me without children and I have never worked full time.

sarah707
18-04-2009, 07:16 AM
I have no intention of letting them inspect me without children - what would be the point in that?? They can't insist can they?

Yes they can!

They will only wait so long I'm afraid :(

Helen79
18-04-2009, 11:22 AM

They inspected me when I was on maternity leave when I wasn't minding & had never minded before. I had registered but went on leave straight after registration. I had no paperwork to show them other than basic risk assessments.

She was really happy with my paperwork & everything I told her I would do with the children to keep them safe etc. but could only give me a satisfactory as she couldn't assess how I actually cared for the children.

The Juggler
18-04-2009, 12:47 PM
I was due mine June 08 and just had it in Feb 09. They seemed really behind but now in our area (south east) seem to be catching up on all the overdue ones. They certainly seemed to be doing all the post-reg visits first here.

Nx

nokidshere
18-04-2009, 02:12 PM
Ah well - they will just have to come after 3:30, or be prepared to stay later than 3:30, when I have children here, that will please them eh :D