PDA

View Full Version : coffee table problem

mozarella
17-04-2009, 07:32 AM
My h made our coffee table but the edges are really thich and all the corner protection pads I found are too small.

any suggestions ?

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Stick a lump of foam on each corner (cut hole so fits over) ... and cover with a plastic cloth while children are there :)

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 08:03 AM
Don't use any, I told ofsted that I didn't like them and she agreed said they were a pain and not to worry about using them. I put them on my dining room table but they keep falling off.

huggableshelly
17-04-2009, 08:05 AM
nice idea Wendy

the only other suggestion I was going to add was the table protection cover from Argos cut to the size you need and mould it around the edges

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500001501&langId=-1&searchTerms=table%20protection

sarah707
17-04-2009, 08:39 AM
I had a little table that was made from proper wood that jutted out and I used a saw to cut the corners into curves... does that make sense?

Anyway it worked great and no sharp corners :D

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Or you could use pipe lagging while minding, just slip it on all the way round.

Deb
17-04-2009, 09:09 AM
move the coffee table to the edge of the room and reduce the number of corners it has by half.

gegele
17-04-2009, 09:17 AM
i tried to cover corners when my DD was little and she hurt herself on the bookshelf side edge, crack her head on a step...!!!!! you can't protect them from everything, teach them to be careful and hope for the best!!!

but i bought boxes for mu unit a few months ago in ikea and i just realised how sharpe the corners are.... :( don't know what to do about it though as they're all full of toys!!!!:(

huggableshelly
17-04-2009, 09:58 AM
i tried to cover corners when my DD was little and she hurt herself on the bookshelf side edge, crack her head on a step...!!!!! you can't protect them from everything, teach them to be careful and hope for the best!!!

but i bought boxes for mu unit a few months ago in ikea and i just realised how sharpe the corners are.... :( don't know what to do about it though as they're all full of toys!!!!:(

like you say you cant protect from everything.

maybe when the toys are out of the box you just remove the empty box out of the way.

mozarella
17-04-2009, 12:01 PM
i know you cant protect them from everything but ofsted inspector told me i needed to do something about these corners !

Blaze
17-04-2009, 12:33 PM
This is what I use on my coffee table, fishtank etc...:laughing:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_328_10751_-1__14898_10001_?cm_sp=product_lister_page-_-endeca_promotions-_-banner_product

Hth
:)

PS...if you schroll down there are other versions of the above (same make):

http://www.babyguardians.co.uk/userimages/procart59.htm

:thumbsup:

Helen79
17-04-2009, 12:39 PM
I don't use corner covers. I had them on my fireplace but they just kept falling off so took the fireplace out as it was too dangerous.

I won't put them on my coffee table & have written in my risk assessment why not (baby kept pulling them off & chewing them) & just written what I do to help prevent accidents on the coffee table.