PDA

View Full Version : reasonably priced garden toys?

mozarella
17-04-2009, 07:29 AM
does that exist !!! I am looking for swing or slide or little house as I have nothing in my garden but they are so pricey !!

What have you got and where did you buy it from?

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 07:32 AM
I was lucky to have been donated our house when my sons childminder got rid of hers ... has no windows but the kids still love it!!

We got our pink slide ffrom Argos, was about £30 i think

Mini slide also argos, about £20 ish

Best bet is to look on ebay i would say especially if there is somewhere selling close to where you live :)

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 08:01 AM
Join you local freecycle, its surprising how many people buy new garden toys every year and get rid of the old ones.

Also Tesco direct often have some bargains (Double clubcard points too), Asda direct and Ikea has some small suitable toys.

jibberjitz
17-04-2009, 08:04 AM
I've got a little plastic house that is popular with my two but would love a nice wooden one (having a look for the best price at the moment:) We also have a variety of little tykes slides, cars and see-saw that we have picked up from car-boot sales :thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
17-04-2009, 01:10 PM
Your local recycling center might have some good bits in top cond (do check b4 buying)

Yesterday I got a tricycle, scooter & toddler car with parent handle all in fab cond (just faded as they had been left outside) all for £10

mushpea
17-04-2009, 01:45 PM
car boots and freecycle are great for ride on toys and other garden toys
as for a house i bought a shed from b&q for about £99 which acts as a playhouse and storage too. i put a toy kitchen in there sometimes other times a table and chairs then other times they decide what they want in there to play with but one rule we have is that the door is always left open so i can see what is going on!

jibberjitz
17-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Check ebay too as sometimes you can get a bargain (if its pick up only:thumbsup: )