PDA

View Full Version : De-registering

kitty
16-04-2009, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone, I decided a while ago, due to family issues that I will pack in childminding. Both mindees parents were ok with it (ones baby is due in a couple of weeks and the other found a minder who could do all the days she needed) and everyones happy. I've definately made the right decision.

I guess I need to let ofsted know, do I write to them and what do I say, I think i heard before that if you deregister in a certain way you can never mind again is this true? I'd like to have the option to start up again in the future
Thanks for your help
Kitty
x

hbomb1
16-04-2009, 11:46 AM
Hi Kitty,

When I de-registered in 2006, I simply wrote to them tendering my resignation from childminding and giving the date. Think they acknowledged it and removed me from their database.

When I registered again in 2008, I had no problems with them whatsoever.

Good luck for the future :thumbsup:

jibberjitz
16-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Just wanted to wish you well in the future :thumbsup:

Daftbat
16-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi, Yes, you just write to ofsted and if you want to start again in the future you won't have a problem. Wanted to wish you all the best for the future too:thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-04-2009, 03:24 PM
Are you sure that you may not change your mind in the future?

You don't have to de register - you could wait until your next inspection otherwise you would have to go through everything again

If you want to de register just send Ofsted your certificate with a covering letter.

mushpea
16-04-2009, 03:41 PM
i deregisterd in 2003 then re registered in 2007 , the only thing was i wished i hadn't un registered as it took ages to re register, also as i had a start up grant the first time i then couldn't have one the 2nd time so had to have a big spend of my own money to get going again.

Deb
16-04-2009, 05:06 PM
good luck for the future x

Kelly
16-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Are you sure that you may not change your mind in the future?

You don't have to de register - you could wait until your next inspection otherwise you would have to go through everything again

If you want to de register just send Ofsted your certificate with a covering letter.

I agree, if you think you may want to mind again in the future, I would just not take on any childre and not renew my insurance/ncma membership, and just pay my yearly Ofsted fee's.

It is so much hassle registering, my husband is in the army and due to overseas postings I have gone through the registration process 3 times, starting from scratch each time!!

Good luck

kitty
16-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Thanks everyone - esp for the good wishes, I'm definately making the right decision, it's been so much better at home since I've stopped. Will send off my certificate and a note to Ofsted.
Thanks again to you all
Kitty
x

Heaven Scent
16-04-2009, 05:27 PM
What are yu going to do? Retire or have you got a new job to go to? If your next inspection is a couple of years off I'd definately remain registered even until your registration fee for this year runs out. None of us knows what lies ahead so I'd hedge my bets and keep it in the background - youcan ask CIS to take your name off the data base and have it put back on if you need to mind again.

I cancelled my reg years ago and was sorry I'd done it when I came to mind again and had to go through it all and do ICP etc etc

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Good luck with whatever you decided to do next

Dont be a stranger

Angel xx