PDA

View Full Version : Learning journal from pre school

Tatjana
16-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I was given my sons Learning Journal from his pre-school to read, sign and comment on.

As much as i enjoyed it, i must say it's so basic from what everyone on here is doing. There are no photos, other than the one on the front of the book, and obs are based on 10 minute sessions. There's nothing in there with his 'work' in it or anything regarding special occasions eg cultural festivals etc.

So as far as i can tell you are all doing a brilliant job!!:thumbsup:

xx

nemo97
16-04-2009, 10:04 AM
My daughter was given one when she left pre school 13 years ago.
This was really well made so I got my ideas from here.
We still get it out to look at and it brings back fond memories
for us both. xx

charleyfarley
16-04-2009, 11:00 AM
I had Mitchells just before xmas to look at and I was very disappointed by it considering the amount of work I put in on my paperwork (even if I am behind :blush: )

In his folder was 2 pieces of work, none had been brought home so that's all he had done in a whole year.

They had took a couple of photos, one was from last easter in his bonnet and the other 2 were taken 2 weeks previous, I know this cos my mindee was stood next to him and he had only just started :rolleyes:

My impression from his folder was they had got the info together at the last minute ready for parents evening coming up.

Carol xx

watgem
16-04-2009, 03:13 PM
working as a part-time childminder/part-time preschool assistant, I can see both points of view. As childminders caring for small numbers of eyfs aged children we can really get to know our children so well, we may have cared for them from babies and we can reflect this in our folders that we make for them. In a preschool each key person may have quite a large number of key children to report on, and they will be with them for only a specified amount of time and so this may explain some of the differences. Having said that most of the preschool staff I know put just as much effort into their key childcare's folders as we do.:)