PDA

View Full Version : "cheesy bugs"

sonia ann
16-04-2009, 09:20 AM
Ok ...so the children are doing a bug hunt at the moment...... am I the only person to call wood lice "Cheesy bugs".....I've always called them that since a child.......my hubby thinks I'm mad....but it must have come from some where!:(

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh I thought you were going to tell us how to make and bake them for a second there ha

I have never heard of that saying but there again I call daddy long legs floaters so we both must be mad

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Pudding Girl
16-04-2009, 09:22 AM
never head of it before

sonia ann
16-04-2009, 09:25 AM
I have never heard of that saying but there again I call daddy long legs floaters so we both must be mad

Read your post on floaters the other day and I thought at first you were talking about something totally different:laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 09:32 AM
Read your post on floaters the other day and I thought at first you were talking about something totally different:laughing: :laughing:

That is because you are mad and rude ha ha

xxxx

katickles
16-04-2009, 10:24 AM
I am with Angel - thought it was going to be a receipe then.

I have never heard of Cheesy Bugs, oh & as for Angel's floaters, well what can I say!!

x

huggableshelly
16-04-2009, 10:28 AM
cheesy bugs is a baking activity

floaters are found in loo's

so yep you are both strange but thats ok as I'm strange too so we can all be strange together yay!

(imagines children eating woodlice to see if they taste cheesy eww)

Alibali
16-04-2009, 10:45 AM
Never heard of that one!!

jibberjitz
16-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Never heard them called that before :laughing:

mushpea
16-04-2009, 03:08 PM
when i was little i called them 'piggys' and still do and have to remember when showing the kids that they are called woodlice!
as for a cooking activity how about cutting a bug shape from puff pastry and sprinkling with cheese then cooking them, like cheese straws but cheesy buggs:D

sonia ann
16-04-2009, 04:04 PM
just found this on wikipaedia

Common names for woodlice vary throughout the English-speaking world. A number of common names make reference to the fact that some species of woodlice can roll up into a ball. Other names compare the woodlouse to a pig.

Names include: "armadillo bug" , "cheeselog" (Reading, Berkshire) , "doodlebug" , "pill bug" , "roly-poly" , "potato bug", "sow bug", "roll up bug" , "chuggypig", "slater" and "gramersow" (Cornwall)

cheesy bug doesn't seem so odd now:laughing:

huggableshelly
16-04-2009, 04:58 PM
lol such funny names no wonder children grow up not really knowing the actual correct name which is err

umm thingies!

pumpkinsmum
16-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Never heard them called cheesy bugs! Though I have always known them as granddads, haven't a clue where that name came from either!

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 06:12 PM
This just proves you are all mad and not just myself

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx