PDA

View Full Version : do you have a presentation leaflet

mozarella
16-04-2009, 09:17 AM
to give to family when they come and see you for them to take away?

Tatjana
16-04-2009, 09:35 AM
Hadn't thought of that, sounds like a great idea!:thumbsup:

What sort of things would you put on it?

xx

mozarella
16-04-2009, 09:36 AM
i was thinking a few lines about me, with e course i did etc my services, what would a typical week be, activities i would be offering and fees.

Tatjana
16-04-2009, 09:38 AM
Good ideas...i might be copying you!

I LOVE THIS FORUM:)

xx

estrelas
16-04-2009, 09:40 AM
nope i haven't

may do one if i get time :rolleyes:

nemo97
16-04-2009, 09:59 AM
I give parents a booklet which has information about
myself and my family.
It also has photos of some of the activities
that I provide both inside and out.
It also has a weekly routines page showing toddler groups
and parks/library that we visit.
Examples of menus
You have so much to tell them on their first visit so they
can look when they get home. They can also show their lo
what we do. x

loocyloo
16-04-2009, 12:18 PM
i have one, and i either give it to parents when they come to visit, or depending how an enquiry is made, i sometimes email it to them in advance.

it has information about me, my experience, my family & home. daily routine/meals & fees.

most of my prospective parents have commented on it, and like it.

advice i gained from the forum was NOT to put your ofsted number on it, as that stops people using it to fraudently get tax credits!

xxx

misst104
16-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Great idea :thumbsup:

xxx

huggableshelly
16-04-2009, 12:20 PM
I have an introduction A4 sheet that basically introduces my family and me along with my experience, qualifications and hours of work.

I add additional information like toddler groups and messy play pending on child's age and needs.

Pedagog
16-04-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes I do, I made a tri-fold leaflet. With basic information about my service.

gegele
16-04-2009, 01:02 PM
an other thing to think of:panic:

i'm so not ready

patevans
16-04-2009, 01:18 PM
Yes I do, I made a tri-fold leaflet. With basic information about my service.

Same here :D

Chanelle
16-04-2009, 01:24 PM
I also do one but cant get the folds correct ! lol
It just has basic info, detals about my aims etc ...

jibberjitz
16-04-2009, 01:29 PM
Sounds like a fab idea :thumbsup:

Bananabrain
16-04-2009, 04:32 PM
I have a welcome letter,A4 size ,'cos I'm not clever enough to do anything fancy.

Just added stuff about EYFS and just general details of what I offer.

helenlc
16-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I am going to do one - have someone coming next week so better get a wriggle on!

I had a lady come to see me before Christmas but she ended up going with someone else. I asked politely if she could give me feedback as to why she hadnt gone with me and this was one of the reasons. She said that all the others had and that it was easier for her to go home and make her decision based on paper information she had infront of her.

(One of the other reasons she hadnt gone with me was cos I had only been a childminder just over a year. If she had had a leaflet it would have said that I actually have 15 yrs childcare experience and a Btec Nursery Nurse qualification. It is written in my portfolio but I couldnt expect her to remember everything she had read, hence the leaflet would have reminded her).

I think its definitely something worth giving out.

Chanelle
16-04-2009, 07:18 PM
Very true ... I best make sure I add all the experience we have too , like being a Mummy! Some parents forget that first hand experience is also an excellent source of learning and development!! I should add that to my Qualifications and training ! lol

sophiestars
16-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I also have one - just on an A4 sheet - although i can only just fit it all on!! I give details about me and my family, experience, qualifications, my service (inc cost per hour) activities, what they need to bring etc etc and also my contact details at the bottom. I will use it as an advertising leaflet/poster when I need to at toddler groups etc.
I put a picture of me on it too so they can see what I look like if they have seen it as an advert!

Sophie x

Andrea08
16-04-2009, 10:02 PM
i use to have a welcome pack with copies of everything polices , fees , hrs , routines just about everything but it just got too much as parents that took a copy and did not use my services didnt give it back and it was costing far too much.
i started a x3way leaflet but i ran out of space lol

SOOO i am building a web site and will give the addie (http:/ )on a card to parents everything is on the site and a link to email me any questions.

im hoping to set up a News Page so parents can see what we are doing this month and to give parents information that usualy gets left in the car!!!

xx

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I have the basic information on the leaflet, with info about my website for potential parents and then once contacts signed they get full parents pack. Polices etc on CD-Rom.

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 08:28 AM
Anyone know what program you can download to make one of these? i had to guess where the folds went as i cant find my cd to create a proper one .... Please can you let me know wht program you all used :)

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 08:46 AM
I use Microsoft Publisher. Though I have used Word in the past

mozarella
17-04-2009, 12:00 PM
Anyone know what program you can download to make one of these? i had to guess where the folds went as i cant find my cd to create a proper one .... Please can you let me know wht program you all used :)

i would be interested in this too

Alibali
17-04-2009, 12:07 PM
I've got some nice tri-fold brochures from vista print which I either post out or give to interested parties. They are really nice, I just copied and pasted some of the important fact about my service, I think it's a nice touch.

Pedagog
17-04-2009, 03:52 PM
i would be interested in this too

You can download a trail version of Microsoft publisher.

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Ooh never thought about the trial version !! Might try that later! :) Thanks Hunny!

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 09:13 PM
I give my parents and introduction of myself plus an explaination of how I can help their child. It comes from a presentation I did from birth to 3 and adapted it to EYFS.

I don't give this to anyone until I have met them and have explained the EYFS to them.

If anyone wants to use it, please amend the details to suit their practice.

Chanelle
17-04-2009, 09:32 PM
I give my parents and introduction of myself plus an explaination of how I can help their child. It comes from a presentation I did from birth to 3 and adapted it to EYFS.

I don't give this to anyone until I have met them and have explained the EYFS to them.

If anyone wants to use it, please amend the details to suit their practice.

Thank you Debbie !! That is excellent and very useful :)