PDA

View Full Version : gloves

estrelas
16-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Do you use them for changing nappies?

If so what kind? and wear do you get them?

Thanks x

estrelas
16-04-2009, 08:27 AM
:blush: where even

Chatterbox Childcare
16-04-2009, 08:29 AM
I wash my hand with anti bac gel before and after changing nappies and don't use gloves. You can get them in various places such as £1 shops and boots.

If you have access to the cash and carry you could buy them in larger boxes

estrelas
16-04-2009, 08:31 AM
I have been doing that, but read on here we should use gloves?

huggableshelly
16-04-2009, 08:49 AM
http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=disposable+gloves

if you worked in a nursery you MUST wear gloves and an apron too!

I've not seen anywhere where it states gloves MUST me used as a CM but I wear them for puke nappies and blood to protect the children and myself for any infection

gegele
16-04-2009, 09:08 AM
i would wear them for vomit, sickness and blood must i must admit i wouldn't wear any for normal nappy change.

just make sure you wash your hands after as hand gel doesn't kill all poo matter. the best thing is to wash hands then put gel on after nappy.

:blush: i'm a carer so i have gloves and aprons everywhere LOL
kids are using gloves as balloons nd we make face drawing on them as they make great cockerels!!!!:blush:
if my job knew what i do with them...nevermind it's not everyday:laughing:

RainbowMum
16-04-2009, 09:12 AM
I use them for monster pooey nappies or worse, or if my network co-ordinator is here (its a requirement for them) I buy mine in tesco - latex free in case of allergies.

Zoemum2four
16-04-2009, 09:15 AM
I also only use anti-bac.......:D

nemo97
16-04-2009, 09:43 AM
I only use anti bac gel before and
after nappy changes. xx

Blackhorse
16-04-2009, 12:02 PM
as far as I know the care commission wants you to wear gloves and aprons..

might be different in england and wales..

I would rather just wash my hands than having to use tons of plastic gloves and aprons...really not very environmentally friendly..

Mouse
16-04-2009, 12:15 PM
I don't usually use gloves, just wash my hands before & after nappy changing.

The only time I do wear them is after a baby has had its vaccinations as I read once that something could be passed on in the baby's poop. I can't even remember what it was & I'm sure it could only be a problem if you hadn't had the vaccinations yourself, but it's a habit I got into years ago.

Alibali
17-04-2009, 02:37 PM
I always wear gloves if I'm going to be in contact with any bodily fluids, years of working in th NHS I think!

I get mine from here

http://www.justgloves.co.uk/Standard-Powdered-Vinyl-AQL-1.5.aspx

hectors house
17-04-2009, 02:43 PM
I used gloves when my Ofsted inspector was here, but, normally just wash hands before and after nappy changing and use anti bac gel as well.

Blackhorse
17-04-2009, 03:18 PM
I always wear gloves if I'm going to be in contact with any bodily fluids, years of working in th NHS I think!

I get mine from here

http://www.justgloves.co.uk/Standard-Powdered-Vinyl-AQL-1.5.aspx

thanks for the link...I will have to get some as well

do you use an apron as well?

Zoomie
17-04-2009, 03:20 PM
Do you all wash your hands before nappy changes. To be honest I don't.

Obviously if they were dirty I would, but if I had just been playing with children / doing stuff with them, I wouldn't go upstairs, wash hands, come down, do nappy, go back upstairs to wash again ???

Definitely wash them afterwards ...

Anyone been brave enough to not use gloves when Ofsted have been present ?

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 03:59 PM
I use them for yukky poo's:eek: and sick:panic:
And i wash my hands in anti bac soap too, but then im paranoid!
Dont bother if its just wee wee, i just wash my hands after.
Is that enough info:laughing: :laughing:

mummyroysof3
17-04-2009, 04:08 PM
im not intending to use gloves but will have some for big messes, sick blood etc, i dont always wash my hands before doing a nappy change unless they need it, as its only my child at the moment im not going to be too strict:)

charlotte x

helenlc
17-04-2009, 05:12 PM
My mindee has mega yuck poos so I use gloves, but I only use one glove on the hand I am wiping with iyswim. Then wash my hands after.

I got mine in bulk from Ebay. Worked out cheaper in the long run than the £1 shop as they only had about 30-40 in them in our one.

Would also use gloves for most bodily functions as well - although not wiping noses (which I have to do when I work in the Childrens Centre creche :eek: !!!!)

Alibali
17-04-2009, 09:01 PM
thanks for the link...I will have to get some as well

do you use an apron as well?

I have aprons, and if I felt my clothing may get contaminated I would use them, but for an average nappy change no I don't use them (SSSHH don't tell CC!!)

Chatterbox Childcare
17-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Do you all wash your hands before nappy changes. To be honest I don't.

Obviously if they were dirty I would, but if I had just been playing with children / doing stuff with them, I wouldn't go upstairs, wash hands, come down, do nappy, go back upstairs to wash again ???

Definitely wash them afterwards ...

Anyone been brave enough to not use gloves when Ofsted have been present ?

I didn't use them when Ofsted were here but I do have a large bottle of anti bac by my kitchen sink and I did use it before and after changing nappies and handling food. It is second nature now

haribo
18-04-2009, 04:27 PM
i was so nervous when ofsted were here i forgot about gloves i just said do u mind if i change her here ,plonked lo on the mat and changed her and it was very pooey lol just the thing i was dreading haha . she was fine i just quickly washed my hands in downstairs loo and that was it - apart from the lingering smell :panic: :panic: still , i got good :clapping: