PDA

View Full Version : how easy to get a full timer mindee

mozarella
16-04-2009, 08:12 AM
Hi

I am just trying to work out a kind of business plan. I ideally would like a full timer monday to friday and a school pick up / holiday.

But is it hard to get a full timer?

huggableshelly
16-04-2009, 08:14 AM
it really does depend on the area you live in.

I've never had a fulltimer in Herts but I have children constantly from 7:30 - 6:00

I have 6 before school that I leave at school then have 2 arrive at 9:15 till 3pm then have 7 afterschoolers

the only time I have a fulltimer is the school hols one child from 7:30 till 5pm

BUT I like the mix up and the constant change of children.

mozarella
16-04-2009, 08:17 AM
i live in north west london

Daftbat
16-04-2009, 08:17 AM
I have only had two full timers in nine years. Its not impossible but its the way of things these days that in a lot of households where both parents work only need part time care. Grandparents help out too to reduce the costs. I have had other full time enquiries but as everyone else is part time i couldn't fit it in.

Heaven Scent
16-04-2009, 08:58 AM
I've had full time siblings and am now going to have a F/T L/O starting on Monday (I hope - she has signed up but I feel funny about it). I have also 4 days pw and other before and after schoolers - no before schoolers at the moment. Not many families have both parents working F/T these days and some have Grandparents helping out - A lot of work these days is shift work.

I hope it all works out well for you.

georgie456
16-04-2009, 11:48 AM
I agree that it really depends on the area! I have recently got my first full timer since I registered in 2006, and the other minders I work with have not had many either....