PDA

View Full Version : when

Moominmomma
15-04-2009, 09:20 PM
Just wanted to know when I will have my inspection, I got my registration certificate in Feb. Do they phone and let you know? My paper work is in a mess, and don't feel confident enough to ask a local childminder to have a look at their setting and paper work. This would really help, then I know what I need to do and if I'm doing it ok! :panic:

RainbowMum
15-04-2009, 09:28 PM
As far as I know its usually at around 6 months, I registered in the April (2007) and was inspected in August. We are coming to York for a mini break (ds mad about trains so we will do the museum) in the May half term, if you were still struggling and it was do-able I'd be happy to pop in & look over what you've got. Failing that - the ladies here are wonderful, I'm sure you'll be up to speed in no time xx

FussyElmo
15-04-2009, 09:40 PM
I registered in July 05 and was inspected in September 05. Think it can be any time but I think they only inspect if you have children on the books - dont hold me to this as I might be wrong:)

mumtodaniel
16-04-2009, 02:25 PM
I was inspected six weeks after I was registered, but I have read on here others who were inspected only after a few day. Generally, it should be within the first six months, but can be upto a year.

I think if you set yourself a day or so, you will probably be able to sort out the paperwork. Bromley web site is a great starting point.

Good luck

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 02:33 PM
I would just look around the forum and the Bromley site then get yourself in order so you are ready for when ever they do call

I am sure you will be fine though and if you get stuck or do not know where to start give us a shout

Angel xx

jibberjitz
25-04-2009, 12:29 PM
I was inspected six weeks after I was registered, but I have read on here others who were inspected only after a few day. Generally, it should be within the first six months, but can be upto a year.

I think if you set yourself a day or so, you will probably be able to sort out the paperwork. Bromley web site is a great starting point.

Good luck

Six weeks:eek:

singlewiththree
25-04-2009, 12:33 PM
I've been registered since Dec and still no inspection. Do your local co-ordinators do mock inspections, our do and they will go through your paperwork and let you know what you need to still do.

Debster
26-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I registered in December but have not had inspection. I know its looming so I plan to start my SEF this week. Ofsted called me last week to see if I was minding they asked if the children were related to me and in the early years age group so maybe they are getting ready to pounce, my fellow childminder who lives down the road had the same call 1 mth ago but no visit yet. I have loads to get sorted. The best thing to do is write a to do list in priority order work through the list and try and get a few things ticked off each week its great to see you are getting somewhere it works for me .
Debs:thumbsup:

mawofew
06-05-2009, 10:43 PM
They can come anytime as I found out today.

Been registered a few weeks & minding my first children for 6 days, they're coming to see me friday! Wish me luck. Very nervous.