PDA

View Full Version : policies for parents

kaz1501
07-02-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi everyone

appologies if this has been answered a million times before but....

Do you give parents a copy of every single policy that you have? Or do you just make them aware that you have a zillion policies that are available to view?

I am on the verge of a mum with twins signing up (:clapping: ) and am putting together her parent pack. I am still waiting for my NCMA starter pack so do not have contracts etc but I have lots of policies courtesy of the Bromley site

As always any advice much appreciated.

Karen
counting down the days till I leave work...22 to go:jump for joy:

Spangles
07-02-2008, 06:47 PM
Hi

Personally I give parents a copy of all of my policies and procedures and they have one sheet to sign listing them all to say they have received, read, understood and agreed with them!

Sandie
07-02-2008, 07:00 PM
I give my parents a folder which contains a booklet with all my policies in and all the forms they need to fill in, ie medical records, permission forms etc so they can take them home and fill them in at there leisure without panicking then they bring them back on the first day of minding.

~Sandie~

crazybones
07-02-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi

Personally I give parents a copy of all of my policies and procedures and they have one sheet to sign listing them all to say they have received, read, understood and agreed with them!

I do this too. Then they cant argue with anything if they have signed for them all.

Annie x

Pipsqueak
07-02-2008, 07:29 PM
Hi

Me too.......

I am quite shocked though - you only have a zillion policies, only another gazillion to go then:D

deeb66
07-02-2008, 08:20 PM
I give the parents copies of all the policies with a cover sheet with them all individually listed and get them to sign to say they have seen, read and understood them.

I used to get them to sign each one and return and I would give them copies but felt like I had to chop down a rain forest everythime as there was so much paper :D

katickles
07-02-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah - I'm the same as the others

:)

sarah707
07-02-2008, 08:26 PM
I was recommended to give parents a little booklet of precis policies and procedures for them to take home.. apparently I'm quite wordy! :p

Then they sign to say they've seen them all :D