PDA

View Full Version : We survived and stayed dry (sort of!!)

miss mopple
15-04-2009, 08:58 PM
Well despite my reservations this morning when it started to thunder we went ahead with our bug hunt today and the weather was fine :D

Me, 3 other minders and about 20 kids between us all tromped into the forest in search of bugs and beasts. As well as these we also found this little fella

http://i44.tinypic.com/11hqxph.jpg

he must only have been a day or two old. Not great pic but its a teeny mouse. Amazing to see :clapping:

The highlight of the day as far as the kids were concerned though was me slipping on my bum into a huge muddy puddle as I was rescuing my daughter from having done the same thing :laughing: The pair of us were caked in mud by the time we got back- who said childmindings not a dirty job :laughing:

We went on from there to a local hall where we did bug and spring crafts etc.

All in all a fab day- even if I do now have a mountain of laundry to do :laughing:

jibberjitz
15-04-2009, 09:00 PM
Glad to hear you had a great day :thumbsup:

loocyloo
15-04-2009, 09:01 PM
wow!

sounds like a good day out! i hope the minded children went home as muddy!

x

Willowdancer
15-04-2009, 09:04 PM
Fab! I am thinking of taking my tribe for a walk in the woods tomorrow - it rained here this morning too so should be nice and muddy by now. Bet they don't remember their wellies (again!)

Demonjill
15-04-2009, 09:22 PM
Well despite my reservations this morning when it started to thunder we went ahead with our bug hunt today and the weather was fine :D

Me, 3 other minders and about 20 kids between us all tromped into the forest in search of bugs and beasts. As well as these we also found this little fella

http://i44.tinypic.com/11hqxph.jpg

he must only have been a day or two old. Not great pic but its a teeny mouse. Amazing to see :clapping:

The highlight of the day as far as the kids were concerned though was me slipping on my bum into a huge muddy puddle as I was rescuing my daughter from having done the same thing :laughing: The pair of us were caked in mud by the time we got back- who said childmindings not a dirty job :laughing:

We went on from there to a local hall where we did bug and spring crafts etc.

All in all a fab day- even if I do now have a mountain of laundry to do :laughing:

LOL i have a sudden vision of "The Vicar of Dibley" where she disappears into the puddle :laughing:

Willowdancer
15-04-2009, 09:23 PM
LOL i have a sudden vision of "The Vicar of Dibley" where she disappears into the puddle :laughing:

Yes!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Daftbat
16-04-2009, 08:00 AM
We had a good day yesterday too despite it eing colder than we had hoped. Went to Markeaton Park in Derby and played craxy golf, had our picnic, played in the park and little ones went on the go karts - loads of fun. Nearly all fell asleep in car on the way home so added extra bliss:laughing:

emler
16-04-2009, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear you all had a great day - despite the weather :laughing: