PDA

View Full Version : OMG I FORGOT TO TELL YOU ALL ABOUT THE FLOATER

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:46 PM
Well you all know how scared I am of them

They do not usually come out till about August / Sept

But at the weekend I saw one in the house - I screamed and ran

I banged my foot up on the gate , it sprung open almost making me go head first over the top

Then to top it all Steve was not impressed to know that was the reason I had screamed

He got it and threw it out the window whilst I stood scared stiff in the hallway

He came out to me and looked up and there was another one so I screamed the place down

I was seriously nearly crying

I am sure they are after me

If you do not know what a floater is well ask these lot

ha ha

Angel xx

Blackhorse
15-04-2009, 07:48 PM
can someone fill me in as to what a floater is?
I have a thought, but doesn't seem to fit and I won't spell it out :blush:

tulip0803
:laughing: I saw one in the toilet of the family centre, today, and immediately thought of you Angel :littleangel: ( and I do know what you are referring to:laughing: )

ORKSIE
Whats a floater! sounds scary:panic:

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Whats a floater! sounds scary:panic:

yes very scary indeed

xxx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:49 PM
:laughing: I saw one in the toilet of the family centre, today, and immediately thought of you Angel :littleangel: ( and I do know what you are referring to:laughing: )

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Very funny

xx

misst104
15-04-2009, 07:50 PM
Very intriguing!! What is a floater??? Come on someone, fill us in!

xxx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:50 PM

Behave

:laughing: :laughing:

xxx

tulip0803
15-04-2009, 07:51 PM
I thought they were about early this year too. There were two doing naughty things on the surface of my Mum's pond:eek:

Blackhorse
Behave

xxx

me always...very well behaved...(if someone's watching) :laughing:

Hebs
Very intriguing!! What is a floater??? Come on someone, fill us in!

xxx

i have no idea

nell57
Angel I saw one the other day and thought of you too:laughing:

I thought thy dont usually come until late summer, why they here now?

LOOPYLISA
15-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Daddy long legs :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry Angel shouldnt laugh ! x

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:55 PM
Daddy long legs :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry Angel shouldnt laugh ! x

Oh thanks

Why are they out early?

I will tell you its because they know I am really scared

The horrible horrible things

Yuk

xxxx

Blackhorse
15-04-2009, 07:56 PM
ahh I see..they also float...:blush:

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:56 PM
I thought they were about early this year too. There were two doing naughty things on the surface of my Mum's pond:eek:

I would have had heart attack

I almost shut the dogs head in the door last year running from one ha

xx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:57 PM
ahh I see..they also float...:blush:

yes they do if you watch them

They hide in the grass then when you walk on it they float up and GET ME

Angel xx

Chanelle
A floater is a Daddy Long Legs ???? Are you serious ??

angeldelight
Angel I saw one the other day and thought of you too:laughing:

I thought thy dont usually come until late summer, why they here now?

Maybe they are out to get me early this year ?

xx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:58 PM
A floater is a Daddy Long Legs ???? Are you serious ??

What do you mean am I serious ?

Huh cheek

xx

misst104
15-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Are you scared of spiders too then????

xxx

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Lmao ... I dont get the floater bit ??? ... I am thinking in the toilet .... Did you try to flush them out Angel :laughing:

Or do you mean when they fly ? :clapping:

ORKSIE
15-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Ahh my cat eats them:rolleyes:

charleyfarley
15-04-2009, 08:11 PM
yes they do if you watch them

They hide in the grass then when you walk on it they float up and GET ME

Angel xx

That's because you keep wanting all the nice men for yourself and we are sending them to get you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

Blackhorse
15-04-2009, 08:12 PM
That's because you keep wanting all the nice men for yourself and we are sending them to get you :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

exactly what I thought!! and posted on the other thread..hihi

breezy
15-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Floaters can smell fear you know :laughing:

charleyfarley
15-04-2009, 08:14 PM
exactly what I thought!! and posted on the other thread..hihi

Great minds then :laughing: Off to read the other thread now then

Carol xx

Roseolivia
15-04-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm not keen on them much either although they're better than wasps which i saw the other day and i'm sure they are out to get me. The first bee of the year that i saw almost hit me in the head while walking to nursery last month then a few weeks ago when it was windy one flew past and almost stuck to my arm.

huggableshelly
15-04-2009, 09:06 PM
I saw flying ants today

the world has gone mad none of these things should be out yet but they are and its horrid

I wish I was a duck so I could migrate elsewhere

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for your sympathy everyone

I just knew I could depend on you lot for support

I call them floaters because they do actually float - watch them in the grass they float and up walls anywhere they are horrible

I am not scared of spiders, or bees or wasps

Mostly scared of things that fly

I am also very scared of butterflies but most of you know that too

Angel xx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 09:11 PM
Ahh my cat eats them:rolleyes:

Well I obviously need your cat

Angel xx

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 06:14 AM
Thanks to you lot I dreamt about these last night

xx

breezy
16-04-2009, 07:02 PM
bet they dream of you too!

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:08 PM
HA - this goes to prove - as I think we established last year - that the majority of people do not think of insects when you say he word 'floater'

Try calling them by their proper name angel - they might be trying to get you because you call them floater?! I'd be offended :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 07:10 PM
HA - this goes to prove - as I think we established last year - that the majority of people do not think of insects when you say he word 'floater'

Try calling them by their proper name angel - they might be trying to get you because you call them floater?! I'd be offended :laughing: :laughing:

I think they would chase me whatever I called them ha

xx

charleyfarley
16-04-2009, 07:16 PM

I think they would chase me whatever I called them ha

xx

Scaredy cat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 07:32 PM
Scaredy cat :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Carol xx

I know yes

Ha ha

xx

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Did you hear that they are genetically mutating now? Like headlice becoming immune to medical shampoos, daddy long legs are developing new abilities, including the ability to see in the dark and tiny fangs.

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Did you hear that they are genetically mutating now? Like headlice becoming immune to medical shampoos, daddy long legs are developing new abilities, including the ability to see in the dark and tiny fangs.

Behave

Are you trying to give me nightmares ?

xxx

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:35 PM
Me?! Would I?

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 07:36 PM
Me?! Would I?

you would yes

xxx

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:39 PM
you would yes

xxx

Okay, okay - I admit I may have stretched the truth. BUT they have developed the ability - like worms - to continue to live even if you cut them in half......

rickysmiths
16-04-2009, 07:43 PM
What I want to know is why are there no Mummy Long Legs. The Daddies must get lonely :panic: :eek:

RedDragon
16-04-2009, 07:44 PM
:laughing:

Floaters

:laughing:

I was on a bus once with DH top deck - I was sitting on te inside seat near the window. A gigantic flying thing - long stripy tail - big wings - came straight at me and DH wouldn't move.

I had a shouting fit on the bus - and he told me I had embarrassed him.

I've got better with age - but dogs are my big thing. Because I have quite poor eyesight I often think it will be just my luck to have to have a guide dog one day - I'd have to get a guide cat - or better still a guide guinea pig!

(Hope that isn't politically incorrect-I had a mate who was registered blind who used to have a very wicked sense of humour against her 2 brothers who were also RB - blame her).

RedDragon
16-04-2009, 07:47 PM
What I want to know is why are there no Mummy Long Legs. The Daddies must get lonely :panic: :eek:

I read that spiders are very good parents - this has helped me a tiny bit in not dropping an encyclopaedia from a great height onto them - I think about them walking across my living room carpet (their shopping centre) looking for bargains to take home for their hungry young - along with the Spiderman comic Boris asked for.

Pipsqueak
uh oh - I am coming to this thread late but Angel has Floaters again:D

Blackhorse

I googled Mummy long legs and came across something funny

Clothing for the vertically gifted mother to be
http://mommylonglegs.com/default.aspx

BUT
I am sure all the ones chasing angel are the daddy long legs....
they probably fancy her even if they are being rejected....so sad:( !!!

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:50 PM
I googled Mummy long legs and came across something funny

Clothing for the vertically gifted mother to be
http://mommylonglegs.com/default.aspx

BUT
I am sure all the ones chasing angel are the daddy long legs....
they probably fancy her even if they are being rejected....so sad:( !!!

Ahhhh.... I think you sussed it. What if the DLL was called Enrique? Hear Angel loves Enrique - dashes (not that they dash, you have to use your imagination for this part) up to her with love and affection.. and she shrieks and runs away, nearly decapitating the dog in the meantime.

Poor Enrique the floater.......

Pipsqueak
16-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Ahhhh.... I think you sussed it. What if the DLL was called Enrique? Hear Angel loves Enrique - dashes (not that they dash, you have to use your imagination for this part) up to her with love and affection.. and she shrieks and runs away, nearly decapitating the dog in the meantime.

Poor Enrique the floater.......
PMSL - :laughing: :laughing:

venus89
16-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Classic tragic story of unrequited love, it is.

Blackhorse
16-04-2009, 07:56 PM
ok from now on I will call all DLL Enrique!!:thumbsup:

Annie_T
16-04-2009, 09:42 PM
bless ya hun, i not seen any ...yet x

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 10:21 PM
I had used to call you lot my FRIENDS

Now though I am just not so sure

Angel xxx

Andrea08
16-04-2009, 10:31 PM
OOHHH dear Angel,
i remember the last time you got upset about your floaters..

i realy feel for you, its midgies that i h8, living close to the horse field i walked right through a swarm of d little :censored: things, ohhh i have to hold my nose and mouth shut and to keep my mouth shut is not easy, ohh i cana breath just thinking about them,,,,:panic:

have you thought of hypnosis to help you?

sweet dreams tonight m8 x x x x:littleangel:

LOOPYLISA
16-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I should'nt of said anything should i :laughing: :laughing:

I hate spiders :eek:

Frogs :eek:

Crabs :eek:

Butterflies......... well ok only if they come near me !

Not keen on daddy long legs :panic:

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 10:45 PM
OOHHH dear Angel,
i remember the last time you got upset about your floaters..

i realy feel for you, its midgies that i h8, living close to the horse field i walked right through a swarm of d little :censored: things, ohhh i have to hold my nose and mouth shut and to keep my mouth shut is not easy, ohh i cana breath just thinking about them,,,,:panic:

have you thought of hypnosis to help you?

sweet dreams tonight m8 x x x x:littleangel:

Thanks ha ha

Angel xx

emmadines
17-04-2009, 09:53 AM
awwwwwww horrible horrible horrible lolI hate them too your not alone on that, they come nearme and I run the opposite way asap lol

too much like flying spiders

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 01:40 PM
And they bite!! Have you seen the size of their teeth under a microscope, Angel!:joker:

Bananabrain
17-04-2009, 05:48 PM
I only know what you mean 'cos I read your post the other day:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Where I come from floater means something quite different:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Aren't they supposed to only last a day? or is that a myth?

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 06:13 PM
awwwwwww horrible horrible horrible lolI hate them too your not alone on that, they come nearme and I run the opposite way asap lol

too much like flying spiders

At last someone else who is scared of them ha

Angel xx

kindredspirits
17-04-2009, 09:14 PM
did you know floaters have the most dedly poison known to man - but no teeth/fangs to use it. all they can do is flap in your face :laughing: i don't like them but i hate spiders more :panic:

ORKSIE
17-04-2009, 09:17 PM
Poor Angel hope she not seeing this.
But yes i have heard they are deadly! Don't tell Angel:panic:

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 10:35 PM
I don't like them at all either Angel. In fact I seem to have some bizarre irrational fear of anything like that, especially moths.

There's a campsite I won't go back to as a moth managed to crawl up the leg of my trousers when I was in the loos and it was flapping around while I was screaming my head off. Everyone else in the loos at the time probably thought I was being murdered or something :o

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 10:37 PM
I read that spiders are very good parents - this has helped me a tiny bit in not dropping an encyclopaedia from a great height onto them

That reminds me of an ex-boyfriend's mum. She was terrified of spiders and when we used to go and visit there'd be telephone directories all over the floor...

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 11:17 PM
Poor Angel hope she not seeing this.
But yes i have heard they are deadly! Don't tell Angel:panic:

I have been here all evening

But hiding under the table

you are all soooooo cruel to me

Angel xx

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 11:20 PM
I don't like them at all either Angel. In fact I seem to have some bizarre irrational fear of anything like that, especially moths.

There's a campsite I won't go back to as a moth managed to crawl up the leg of my trousers when I was in the loos and it was flapping around while I was screaming my head off. Everyone else in the loos at the time probably thought I was being murdered or something :o

Omg that sounds just like me

I am soooo scared of moths they are horrible and their hairy bodies yuk yuk

One night one was in our bedroom , hubby and sons had gone out so I had to close the door and leave it there till they got home
They got home and looked at me like I was stupid because I wouldnt go to bed - it was late on the night
Of course they could not find it at all
I would not go to bed for about an hour
When I did decide it was safe I got into bed and what happened
The damn thing knew where I was and came out of hiding to land on the pillow beside me
My screams could be heard all over

I am glad I am not the only one who is scared

Angel xxx

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I have no idea how it all started with me and its so silly (but to be fair, moths are the ugliest things in the universe - except for every other creepy crawlie thing out there :laughing:)

Years ago, when I was still young, I was meant to be sleeping on the sofa while my bedroom was being painted. One night I could hear a moth flapping about in the curtains, which was bad enough, and then it flew into me. I spent the rest of the night curled up on the kitchen floor next to the dog :eek:

I must get some of that net stuff to go over the windows so we can have them open this summer. We have a couple of air conditioning units cos I can't have the windows open at night (after a maybug(?) barged its way in and I had to get DH to retrieve it from the bedroom lampshade) or I'd never sleep :(

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 11:32 PM
I am the same its terrible

Are you scared of butterfiles too - I am they are almost the same in my book

I have had accident after accident through running away from moths, butterflies and floaters I am just so scared of them all

When we go anywhere in the summer if I have to use a public toilet at night hubby must inspect them first because the lights attract the moths and they are everywhere

Its a nightmare

Angel xx

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 11:34 PM
Yes I am! I'm better about them if I'm outside but if one gets in the house that's the end of the world. One got in our kitchen the other year and there was nobody else here to rescue me so I just had to shut the door between there and the lounge and hide out here...

I agree - its a total nightmare!

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Horrible

I once helped my mom and dad at their garden centre and I had to get the hose pipe and water all the bedding plants
I got attacked by a massive moth it flew out of the plants and went straight for me
I lifted the hose in a panic - I just reacted and the water went over a couple who were buying plants
To be honest I did not care at the time I just ran

I did say sorry after and lucky for me they knew my mom and dad they were very understanding and did laugh

My dad was not impressed though :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 11:41 PM
Oops! :laughing:

I did once try to overcome my fear by attempting to set foot inside a butterfly house. I did quite well until I clapped eyes on an atlas moth and that was that. I will just have to put up with people laughing at me forever :rolleyes:

angeldelight
17-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Oops! :laughing:

I did once try to overcome my fear by attempting to set foot inside a butterfly house. I did quite well until I clapped eyes on an atlas moth and that was that. I will just have to put up with people laughing at me forever :rolleyes:

Omg you would not get me trying to over come my fear

Yes people will just have to laugh

At least we are not alone - its so hard to explain to others how scared you are I love the summer but I am put off because of moths, floaters and butterflies

Angel xx

Willowdancer
17-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Well I am certainly never trying again, that's for sure!

Very glad I finally "know" somebody else with the same problem though. Everybody else seems to be fine with anything like that so of course nobody understands :(

Helen D
29-06-2011, 04:30 PM

think the floater you were thinking of is the same floater I was thinking of!:thumbsup:

merry
29-06-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm terrified of them too, always have been. Years ago when we were house hunting we went to see a house that had been vacant for months and there were lots of them lying dead behind the door, as the estate agent opened it they all floated up in a cloud and straight at us. I ran down the path screaming and flapping my arms, much to the amusement of dh and the estate agent :blush: and wouldn't go into the house.

:)

Dragonfly
29-06-2011, 06:16 PM
Never heard a crane fly called a floater before :) I was thinking of the eh toilet thingy :blush: :blush: :blush:

mushpea
29-06-2011, 08:56 PM
I hate the blooming things,, I try to be brave when the mindees are about but they give me the creeps,,, even so I hate it when the kids at the school grab them and start pulling of their legs and wings,, I then actulay feel sorry for the little thiings,, it must hurt them and the kids dont care and the parents dont say anything,,

LOOPYLISA
29-06-2011, 09:05 PM
Daddy long legs x

Ripeberry
29-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Reminds me of my school days. First day back in September. The whole side of the school was covered in them :eek:

angeldelight
30-06-2011, 06:55 AM
They are out again now

:panic: :panic:

Angel xxx

emmadines
30-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Ugh, they are like flying spiders YuK! YuK!!!

Ive had to conquer my fear (or attempt to hide it) my two children were beginning to be scared of them and one eve there was a blood curdling scream from my youngest... I run up there to see her crying her heart out in the bathroom surrounded by 6 of the blasted things!!!

Happy Bunny
30-06-2011, 10:10 AM
I miss my dog as he used to eat them.
You lot are going to hate me but i'm afraid they get squished in my house.
They always seem to dive bomb my face.

Jiorjiina
02-07-2011, 02:39 PM
Hate them all. Anything with more than 4 legs that encounters me get a short sharp encounter with my copy of the Necronomicon (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Necronomicon-Weird-Fiction-Lovecraft-Gollancz/dp/0575081562/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1309617408&sr=1-1).

There are no survivors.

Twinkle-Toes
04-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I almost shut the dogs head in the door last year running from one ha

xx

I'm sorry, i know this is an old quote but that has got to be THE most hilarious thing i have ever read!! Had me in absolute stitches..... :D

angeldelight
05-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm sorry, i know this is an old quote but that has got to be THE most hilarious thing i have ever read!! Had me in absolute stitches..... :D

Not sure the poor dog would agree :laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

angeldelight
05-07-2011, 06:50 PM
I miss my dog as he used to eat them.
You lot are going to hate me but i'm afraid they get squished in my house.
They always seem to dive bomb my face.

I dont hate you infact you can come to my house and squish them for me if you like :laughing:

By the time hubby moves himself the things usually escape with me screaming my little head off and hubby shouting at me to shut up :laughing:

Angel xx

Milli147
05-07-2011, 08:27 PM
Ha ha this is the funniest!
I am not scared of them anymore... we live right by the woods so we get millions of them in, but what I do hate is that when you try and catch them their legs come off in your hand...and they still float away! Bleugh!

angeldelight
10-01-2012, 10:09 PM
Thought I would bump this thread up to give the new members a laugh ... but .... not only that ...

I actually saw a floater today :eek::eek:

I am not joking it flew straight at my head. I screamed the place down and had to pretend I had hurt my toe so the little ones would not be scared ......

What is going on .... I am NOT impressed

Angel xx