PDA

View Full Version : GOING GOING GONE - CHANGES - FASHION ETC

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:27 PM
Do your parents tell you things that they used to do in the " good old days "?

Or do you remember things yourself - cant say that I do me only being 21 and all that but you lot might :laughing: :laughing:

Made me laugh reading this

http://library.thinkquest.org/3205/Iron.html

Thank goodness we have straightners now

Anything you wish we still had ? Anything that you have kept but no longer use?

What about food from years ago ? Sweets and chocolate ( yum ) music , fashion?

My daughter got a new top the other day is like something I wore years ago made me laugh

Angel xx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:28 PM
What about the phone box?

Do any of you have the old fashioned red one where you live

We do not

Angel xx

katickles
15-04-2009, 07:39 PM

We do not

Angel xx

Theres one in a garden of a housr not far from us - the garden is gorgeous, massive & landscaped so nice - not sure what the idea of having a big red phone box in there was??

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Theres one in a garden of a housr not far from us - the garden is gorgeous, massive & landscaped so nice - not sure what the idea of having a big red phone box in there was??

Was it already there or did they buy it ?

Angel xx

littlesprogs
15-04-2009, 07:41 PM
theres a red phone box in grimsby i dont know if it works though. Teenagers are always recking it.

FussyElmo
15-04-2009, 09:17 PM
I can remember buying a new skirt and my mum telling me I couldnt go out in that as it was too short - one photograph album later and mum had to let me wear it as she had about 20 years before :clapping:

Mind she was right the skirt was toooooo short and my dd will never be allowed to go out in that just hope there are no photos of me in it ;)

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 09:27 PM
I can remember buying a new skirt and my mum telling me I couldnt go out in that as it was too short - one photograph album later and mum had to let me wear it as she had about 20 years before :clapping:

Mind she was right the skirt was toooooo short and my dd will never be allowed to go out in that just hope there are no photos of me in it ;)

I think its only fair you seach for a pic and share it with us lot ha

Angel xx

charleyfarley
15-04-2009, 09:30 PM

We do not

Angel xx

Someone close to us has one in their garden but it just doesn't look right

I got Charley a ra ra skirt the other month, my god I wore them in the eighties:blush:

Carol xx

angeldelight
15-04-2009, 09:31 PM
Someone close to us has one in their garden but it just doesn't look right

I got Charley a ra ra skirt the other month, my god I wore them in the eighties:blush:

Carol xx

That is the funny thing seeing something that you used to wear yourself

Do you have a pic Carol ?

xxx

charleyfarley
15-04-2009, 09:37 PM
That is the funny thing seeing something that you used to wear yourself

Do you have a pic Carol ?

xxx

What of Charley?? :laughing: :laughing: Of course but not of me

Fashions are always coming back, look at leggings and how many times have mini skirts been round, may have some photos of those though :blush: I'll see if I can dig some out over the weekend

Carol xx

FussyElmo
15-04-2009, 09:42 PM
Saw some girls in flouresent leg warmers the other day - I remember wearing odd flouresent socks :laughing: and no Angel no photos well not as im aware of:blush:

tulip0803
15-04-2009, 09:48 PM
Saw some girls in flouresent leg warmers the other day - I remember wearing odd flouresent socks :laughing: and no Angel no photos well not as im aware of:blush:

My daughter has flourescent socks - I never wore flourescents (goth) but my little bro did:laughing: - He still likes pink :laughing:

FussyElmo
15-04-2009, 09:51 PM
My daughter has flourescent socks - I never wore flourescents (goth) but my little bro did:laughing: - He still likes pink :laughing:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:
I would love a photo like that of my brother:)

carolinel
15-04-2009, 09:57 PM
i've noticed "jelly Bean" shoes and bags are back in!! I loved those!
and all the teens on holiday were wearing flourescent colours, not just socks either! must admit i do like those colours too, but couldn't wear them now!:(

tinkerbelle
16-04-2009, 06:19 AM
i had the jelly bean shoes and a lime green jelly bean bag i thought it was fab but the again we also used to fasten the grolsh bottle tops in to our shoe lace holes:o
my neice wears all the bright colours and leg warmers when me and my sis tell her we wore them when we were her age she about wets herself laughing

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 06:36 AM

Thanks for sharing the pics :laughing: :laughing:

Hope you have told your brother that you put them here ha ha

Angel xx

Annie_T
16-04-2009, 09:04 AM
thats the thing fashion repeats its self ... so i think we all should box up the old clothes til they back in fashion (for those who like to stay in fashion) lol

i was watching pierce chat show thing last night with katie price and it ad her mum on there - omg her hair haha - get the straigtners out love i said

emler
16-04-2009, 09:12 AM
My mindee was wearing fluorescent pink leg warmers yesterday - I told her I wore leg warmers when I was her age but they weren't that bright :laughing:

We have a red phone box on our street! It is still in working order too

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 09:20 AM
My mindee was wearing fluorescent pink leg warmers yesterday - I told her I wore leg warmers when I was her age but they weren't that bright :laughing:

We have a red phone box on our street! It is still in working order too

You have a red phone box because you are fuddy :laughing: :laughing:

I mean you did not even know who Paul Walker was ha :( :(

Angel xx

Heaven Scent
16-04-2009, 09:29 AM
My siter (8 yrs older than me) used to iron her hair - I used to wrap mine to straighten it but in the 70's there weren't any good hair products to help keep it straight so I used to go out with dead straight hair and come back with a head of frizz.

katickles
16-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Was it already there or did they buy it ?

Angel xx

No I think they had it put in the garden for some strange reason, but i guess I could be wrong.

Its next to a huge pond/small lake type thing. I guess it looks kind of nice really but its not something i'd have put into my garden. I have no idea if theres a telephone in it mind?

tulip0803
16-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Thanks for sharing the pics :laughing: :laughing:

Hope you have told your brother that you put them here ha ha

Angel xx

He put them on Facebook himself:rolleyes: . He doesn't mind he's in Oz again now.