PDA

View Full Version : storage boxes \ shelves help, help

estrelas
15-04-2009, 06:48 PM
help:laughing:

Ok i need some kind of storage unit for my toys

What do you use?

Cos my front room is my main room for minding i am looking for some thing not to colourful, maybe one colour and not to expensive

I need to get them this weekend and so far have looked everywhere :(

Zoemum2four
15-04-2009, 06:57 PM
Homebase have a good storage unit, u can put either plastic or wicker basket in the slot... If i can remember there is space for 6 boxes, not to sure on the price though........:laughing:

Gizmo
15-04-2009, 07:01 PM
have you tried Ikea their storage units are really good :thumbsup:

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Okay, I use the Ikea Expedit Storage Shelves and they are excellent!
I wil try to upload a photo ... LMAO ... Something I cant seem to do but will try lol

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:04 PM
lmao ... Would you look at that !! I added a photo !!! Must have been a fluke! lol

claire bear 72
15-04-2009, 07:04 PM
B & Q have a a set of large shelves £20 they are black look like chrome but are heavy duty plastic......I got one and soon filled it with jigsaws books games etc :laughing: had to go get another for all my files!! :idea: lol DH was ok about them also and they are in the dining room.....we are open plan I like them and tbh I can store more stuff on them than the ones from argos etc:clapping:

madasahatter
15-04-2009, 07:07 PM
I've just redone my storage. I keep the toys in our hall (a 7ft square room with a door into the lounge and door to downstairs loo). I got the ikea expedit shelving in birch, a large 4 x 4 section unit and a 4 x 2 section unit. Put the smaller one on top of the larger one and it nicely fills the wall floor to almost ceiling (DH has attached them to the walls). I already had a lot of the trofast boxes and they fit in ok.

estrelas
15-04-2009, 07:09 PM
wendy they look fab!! i need them a bit smaller tho, but thank you will look at their site x

estrelas
15-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Wendy you have loads of stuff, just noseyed again and it really does look fab!!

is that a playroom?

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:11 PM
Well there you go ! They are perfect ... those you see in the picture is 2 seperate shelving units ... one is 2x4 the other 4x4 the smaller one can also be layed on its side too ! :)

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:14 PM
It is my Conservatory/Playroom, so we have constant access straight into the garden! You cant see from the picture but it is the full width of the house and pretty big, so everything is all in one room ... keeping my front room living area free from clutter :)

helenlc
15-04-2009, 07:19 PM
My daughter has the 4x2 one in white in her room - its lovely.

At the bottom, where there is red and trasnparent fronts, are they boxes you have or doors on the front of the shelves? I have Trofast ones but might get the Expedit in white as I like the way you have files in the top of some.

estrelas
15-04-2009, 07:22 PM
your really lucky having a playroom. :( i'm jealous :)

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:23 PM
The red and clear boxes are the ones u can buy from Ikea, they are a little flimsy tho hence why they are at the bottom. The lables you see are what i printed off sparklebox, I just made up each one for what was in the box ... but they dont match so going to do photographs of what is in them.

The folders fit perfectly in the top too so ideal size!

Mouse
15-04-2009, 07:24 PM
http://tinyurl.com/c7repw

I have various units from this range. They're sturdy, not too big and would look OK in your main living room. I turn the 6 sectiion bookcase on it's side & it's a great height for putting little displays on. I've got various wicker baskets in it to hold the toys.

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:24 PM
I am lucky but would love more storage space, I would love a downstairs toilet and a little Utility room too but I dont have them so will have to make do with going up and down stairs to wash hands lol ... Lazy I know! lol

estrelas
15-04-2009, 07:46 PM
will look at them all now, thanks

Wendy, suppose i'm lucky that way with a downstairs toilet but would love a seperate room.

my hall way is big tho, so am looking to maybe use that as our toy storage area

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 07:48 PM
sounds good! I have a little porch, big enough to stand in .. no hallway ... lol

estrelas
15-04-2009, 08:00 PM
wendy sorry to be thick :blush: but where did you find the baskets\ storage boxes to go in them? not sure mine would fit? not that it matters cos could get new ones

estrelas
15-04-2009, 08:02 PM
also are yours attached to the wall?

or are they sturdy?

we can't attach to the wall here :(

Chanelle
15-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I got the clear ones from Ikea and the little baskets from a cheap shop in Northampton called 'Au Naturel' ... which isn't there anymore lol

I saw some that are similar with attatched lids in Morrison's, If you know the size, you culd always measure up at the shops :D hehe

aly
15-04-2009, 08:17 PM
I got the expedit too.

Teh boys have the 5x5 in their bedroom and downstairs we have the 2x4 and we are thinking of getting another.

i got the plastic boxes for upstairs btu like you say they are flimsy so bought the zip up boxes...they are fab and fit like the boxes too.

they come in red white and black.:thumbsup:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f137/7131/unit.jpg

estrelas
15-04-2009, 08:20 PM
yours looks good too!!

just about to order them

whooooooooooo

estrelas
15-04-2009, 08:26 PM
just ordered them :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Thanks Wendy and everyone, really happy now!! Can't wait till they arrive :)

Demonjill
15-04-2009, 08:40 PM
lmao ... Would you look at that !! I added a photo !!! Must have been a fluke! lol

Well done adding the pic. :thumbsup:
These are brill. Were they expensive ( hope not too nosy?):blush:

estrelas
15-04-2009, 08:47 PM
38 for smaller one with 4 box areas so just got two for now. I have two book cases alreay so will use them as well till get some more pennies.

I really like them, and the colour will match front room :)