PDA

View Full Version : early years funding

Polly2
15-04-2009, 01:45 PM
Well I just rang my local council to ask what I needed to do to provide early years funding.

Their reply was they don't need childminders to provide this because they have nurseries that do :eek: there is no network for cms and no funding for any training at all.:(

In fact there is no training...even if I wanted to pay

I am so gutted - they made me feel like second best and a lesser option for parents.

So I rand cardiff ncma and complained! Spoke to a lovely man who said he would get on to them and then get back to me.

It wasn't the fact that they had no funds to provide it was how they put it that made me mad...they were suprised that I even wanted to bother because I am a mere cm!!

We will have to see but I don't hold out much hope.

littlestar
15-04-2009, 01:52 PM
good on you i had a word for word call with my local council and was very annoyed good on you well done:clapping:

Willowdancer
15-04-2009, 06:16 PM
That's awful of the council but well done you. Hope the NCMA can do something, even if its just giving your council a big boot up the backside.

I suggest we all change our job titles to "self-employed childcare worker" instead :cool:

Polly2
15-04-2009, 06:35 PM
You would think that they would welcome someone willing to pay for training. I just want to be the best cm I can be.

Maybe you are right perhaps its the name :rolleyes:

Willowdancer
15-04-2009, 08:04 PM
You would think that they would welcome someone willing to pay for training. I just want to be the best cm I can be.

Maybe you are right perhaps its the name :rolleyes:

Actually I got that wrong - we should be "self-employed childcare *providers*" ;)

So frustrating when you're prepared to pay for something (which means that obviously other people will be too) and you can't get it :rolleyes:

Deb
15-04-2009, 08:57 PM
How flamin' awful for you. There isnt that much training needed tbh - in Sheffield (the Sheffield Children Come First Network) we have to have or be working towards a level 3 qualification in childcare and complete the SEF and then they take the last inspection report and make a decision about being accredited. Although tbh I dont know whether it will be more trouble than it is worth as our local council pay less than the average cm hourly rate.

Polly2
15-04-2009, 09:10 PM
Might not be worth the hassle then.

manjay
15-04-2009, 10:56 PM
It is a bit like that up here in North Wales too. I have finally managed (fingers crossed) to get a place on our local network after 12 months of trying which is the only way I figure I will be able to get any training. Other than that there is didly squat:D