PDA

View Full Version : first meeting with parents .... help

Teresa
07-02-2008, 05:49 PM
i have just had a enquiry and parents and baby 1 are coming to meet me on monday afternoon, can i have some advice please ok mum is expecting another little one in june and feels that baby 1 would benefit from some time out from new arrival, she is not sure if 1x 8 hour or 2 x 4 hour sessions with me would be best for him. i can see positive in situation to .... any advice ladies?
Thanks Teresa

miffy
07-02-2008, 05:59 PM
How exciting for you.

How old is the little boy?

If he has never been left before it might be kinder to do two shorter sessions to begin with, see how he settles and then move to a full day if that seems more what mum wants

I think having a young child only one day a week for a full day is quite hard so I would split it

Good luck and let us know what happens

Miffy xx

Teresa
07-02-2008, 06:03 PM
little one will be 2 years in april, i am all ready nervous.. got to get my head round what i need to discuss and give them. no-one told me how nerve racking this childminding was going to be lol

LittleMissSparkles
07-02-2008, 06:07 PM
you wil be fine honey just be yourself and go through your policys etc xx

I would be tempted to go with 2 x 4 hrs sessions too xxx

miffy
07-02-2008, 06:11 PM
You'll be fine

Have you a brochure to show the parents? - details of your setting, fees, policies, things you would do with the child etc

The parents will probably be equally nervous and you will be able to guide the conversation and explain to them about what you do

Have a few toys out for the little boy to look at, get down on the floor and play with him whilst you talk to the parents - they will want to see how the little boy gets on with you

Above all just relax and be yourself

Miffy xx

deeb66
07-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Good advice already given.

I too would be tempted with the 2 x 4 hrs

katickles
07-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Oh Teresa - I will be thinking of you, I to have parents comming to see me Monday afternoon!

I have put some parent packs together & like the others have said, I have put a selection of toys in a box ready to pay with the child.

I'm going to read through all my poilicies & procedures Sunday & then read through all the paperwork (NCMA) so I sound like I know what I'm on about!!:laughing:

Good luck x

miffy
07-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Good luck to you too Kate

I'm sure you will be fine - you sound as though you've got everything together

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you

Miffy xx

Teresa
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
thanks, you have all just confirmed what i was thinking, just needed someone to say i was doing it right :phew:, you are a great lot thanks xxx will let you know how i get on, good luck to you too kate. Let me know how you get on too.
Teresa

katickles
07-02-2008, 08:47 PM
thanks, you have all just confirmed what i was thinking, just needed someone to say i was doing it right :phew:, you are a great lot thanks xxx will let you know how i get on, good luck to you too kate. Let me know how you get on too.
Teresa

Oh thank you!! :)

Mollymop
07-02-2008, 08:54 PM
Good luck Teresa and Kate on Monday - bet it will go fine! XX