PDA

View Full Version : A little peeved to be honest

jaz
07-02-2008, 03:53 PM
Just bumped into another cildminder in my town, and asked her how her day was. Apparantly she has put her mindee in a creche whilst she went to the gym. When she asked what I had done, I named all the activites I had done with the kids such as lanterns, zodiac hats, reading them the CNY story, colouring in etc

Oh forgot to mention she also did her online shopping as well! :mad:

sarah707
07-02-2008, 03:55 PM
:eek: That is appalling! :eek: I am lost for words!

Well done you though! I hope you made her feel soooo bad! :D

Polly2
07-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Surely thats not right?? Putting mindee in a creche?

She is being paid to be responsible for that child - I wonder if the parents know??

Lou
07-02-2008, 03:59 PM
That cant be right surely???????????

I am stunned!!!!

Do the parents know?

i am actually lost for words!!!

jaz
07-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Yes apparantly the parents do know - I couldnt believe it myself to be honest. And as for feeling bad, she had 4 extras for after school.

Maybe I should change my approach :rolleyes:

Lou
07-02-2008, 04:02 PM
Im not quite sure its what Ofsted would consider "good practise"!!!!!!!

jaz
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Her reply would be - shes only a baby! :mad:

Lou
07-02-2008, 04:05 PM
I dont care if she is only a baby, i think its disgusting.

Just my opinion and im going to shut up now im getting wound up

Polly2
07-02-2008, 04:35 PM
That is just soooo bad. I can't believe parents would be ok with this - I know I wouldn't :angry:

jaz
07-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Thank you for feeling the same way i do.

And Lou - you're right - I dont think Ofsted would like it much, but what can you do?

Rubybubbles
07-02-2008, 06:05 PM
okay on the flip side, I take mindie2 yr to creche 4 days a week, mum wanted him there, is this not the case here or am I reading it wrong?? Most of my mindie attend there at least 2 days 2 1/2 hours of a morning, baby starts when he turns 1 yr too!

buildingblocks
07-02-2008, 06:08 PM
I take mindie2 yr to creche 4 days a week, mum wanted him there, is this not the case here or am I reading it wrong?? Most of my mindie attend there at least 2 days 2 1/2 hours of a morning, baby starts when he turns 1 yr too!

What you are talking about sounds more like a playgroup/toddler group. The problem here is the minder is being paid to look after baby and then leaving in creche whilst she goes to the gym - does that make sense

sutherland
07-02-2008, 06:12 PM
okay on the flip side, I take mindie2 yr to creche 4 days a week, mum wanted him there, is this not the case here or am I reading it wrong?? Most of my mindie attend there at least 2 days 2 1/2 hours of a morning, baby starts when he turns 1 yr too!

Not sure that its the same kind of creche that we have Emma. Our one is more like the pre-school. I think Jaspers on about those ones you get in swim pools etc so parents can go swim, gym etc without their children?

Rubybubbles
07-02-2008, 06:15 PM
oh okay get you now:ohdear: I was beginning to think I was doing something wrong:o

miffy
07-02-2008, 06:16 PM
It is appalling and unprofessional but if the parents have agreed it I don't see what else can be done

The trouble is all those who see a childminder leaving baby in creche, going to gym and thinking how rubbish that is (not knowing parents approve)

Miffy xx

ajs
07-02-2008, 06:19 PM
i think the official line is it can be for no more than 2 hours and you HAVE to have parental permission in writing to leave them.

i may be wrong but i know that's what my development worker used to say

i have done a few training sessions run by sure start and the kids go to the creche in the centre if i have had the parental permission slip filled but as much as i would love to i do not go to the gym while they are in the creche

Blaze
07-02-2008, 07:48 PM
There are a few minders in my town that put the kids in the creche everymorning & go to the gym...some parents know & some don't!
Tasha:)

deeb66
07-02-2008, 07:50 PM
i think the official line is it can be for no more than 2 hours and you HAVE to have parental permission in writing to leave them.

i may be wrong but i know that's what my development worker used to say

i have done a few training sessions run by sure start and the kids go to the creche in the centre if i have had the parental permission slip filled but as much as i would love to i do not go to the gym while they are in the creche

Yes...that is correct Mandy.

avril
07-02-2008, 07:54 PM
That's certainly money for old rope!

Avril :laughing:

deeb66
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
That's certainly money for old rope!

Avril :laughing:

I agree with you....but as long as you have signed permission you are allowed to do it........I know of a few minders in my area that do it too....much to my disgust!!!!

Lou
07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
Im really shocked, i had never heard of this before now.

jo f
07-02-2008, 08:19 PM
BLOOMIN EK!!! :eek: I feel bad sittin down and havin a brew!!!!
I suppose if prents are happy then, hey!
I wouldn't dare!!!

Cheeky Chops
07-02-2008, 08:42 PM
oh eck, thats bad !! I cant bileeeeve she does that! I wouldn't dare!! ohmygosh!

brillminder
07-02-2008, 08:45 PM
i did it once for a course with all signed permission at surestart ,i was so worried about my "babies" how i had never left b4 lol anxious childminder lol

Mollymop
07-02-2008, 08:50 PM
I would never do something like that, just so that I could go to the gym! Surely the woman could go to the gym another time, when she is not working!?????

I know she has parental permission but it just doesn't seem a corrct way to go about looking after a child or being a good childminder, if you ask me.

XXX:)

ajs
07-02-2008, 08:59 PM
I would never do something like that, just so that I could go to the gym! Surely the woman could go to the gym another time, when she is not working!?????

I know she has parental permission but it just doesn't seem a corrct way to go about looking after a child or being a good childminder, if you ask me.

XXX:)

she may not actually have permission to go to the gym the permission may just be to leave them in the creche while she goes on a course or something and she's abusing it

Lou
07-02-2008, 09:03 PM
I just find the whole thing quite wierd to be honest.

Why would someone pay for the child to be cared for by a childminder only to be left in a creche while they go off.

mamapink
07-02-2008, 10:35 PM
hi
ai am shocked as well I do not understand why they would not just go to the gym before or after they had minded i feel very sorry for the little one involed if this is done without parents permission could the staff at the gym creche even accept a child if the paperwork was not filled out by the parents.

bye pink:o
xx

Schnakes
07-02-2008, 11:47 PM
Oh wow!! there are times when I think...I could really do with popping you in the creche while I do xxx. But I never do!! I take my little ones to a class every Monday where the parents (or minders!) have to sit outside the classroom for 20 mins at the end where they do all their special stuff...even though I admit that I do enjoy having a coffee and chatting to the other minders, I always feel guilty that Im not THERE with them,and am contantly spying through the glass door to make sure they are okay...even though its a class for THEM!!!

God. Thats just taking the xxxx though - going to the gym when you are paid to work!!!

Sx

emmadines
08-02-2008, 12:06 AM
so would I be right in saying that as Im doing and english course with sure start I couldnt carry it on while childminding?? as I would have to put them in the creche while I was on the course??

Hopscotch
08-02-2008, 02:20 AM
I don't think that is on at all, i bet she hasn't really got permission that is awful she is being paid to look after the child. I know what you mean about feeling guilty for sitting down and having a cup of tea!! let alone leaving the child in the cresche while she goes to the gym.
Bev X

Monkey1
08-02-2008, 06:17 AM
How can a baby build up that special bond with his/ her childminder when they are been left in a creche? Surely if she only has one it would be the perfect time to do something special with the child, i love my one to one time, it's precious! Or if she is so keen on keeping fit why doesn't she take the baby/ child swimming?, or a fast walk around the park? Blimey i feel guilty if i have to pop to tescos ...and most of the time that is because i need ingredients for a cooking activity/ food for snacks or if one of them requests something for lunch and i haven't got in. Even then its turned into an educational activity...we have a picture shopping list that they hold so they can identify the things that we need, we count out the apples etc, discuss colours and sizes etc!
I think you should report her to ofsted!:D
I hope after you told her what you had done with the children then she will be feeling ashamed of herself!

jaz
08-02-2008, 11:53 AM
H
I think you should report her to ofsted!:D
I hope after you told her what you had done with the children then she will be feeling ashamed of herself!

I dont feel able to report her to Ofsted as I would feel incredibly guilty. Also what would Ofsted do about it? It is just such a horrible position to be put in, I dont know what to do?

Does anyone else have any advice?