PDA

View Full Version : Variation for 2 weeks fo

twise
07-02-2008, 02:51 PM
At the moment one of my minds is 6 months old, I have had a call from a mother with two kids who needs child care from 2nd week of March. One of the children will be 1yr the first week in April.....will I have to ask Ofsted for a Variation for two weeks( not even full weeks, it works out that I would have 2 under 1s for 1.5 days a week) if so what should I say in order to get it or is there a way round it such as not charging her for the youngest one for March and adding the fee onto Aprils invoice.

It isn't in my nature to be sneaky at all infact far from it, its just I've read some of the previous posts and it appears that Ofsted can be slightly schizophrenic when it comes to making a decision and I don't want to loose out for the sake of 2 weeks.

Your advice would be appreciated

Tracy

berkschick
07-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Yes, you will need a variation for this. You will be in breech of your registration without it and not insured if something went wrong.

Mine got approved in 6 days!

Banana
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Yes you would need a variation.

Debbie - Sent my email today with the letter attached - they emailed back to say they will be in touch soon

Thanks again for your help

x

twise
07-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Thats what I thought...did you have to write how you would cope with 2 babies etc etc

Twise

berkschick
07-02-2008, 03:30 PM
Mine was for 4 under 5, 6 hours a week.

I wrote how I would look after them all, feed them, get out and about with them, meet their needs, what toys I have, etc.

No Probs Lana, le me know when you hear back :D

twise
07-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Does anyone have a tried and tested letter for variation that they wouldn't mind sharing with me me so that I can adapt it to my circumstance.

many thanks

Tracy

Tiisku
07-02-2008, 06:41 PM
After the dear sir/madam beginning I explained my situation, in your case I would write that you are currently registered to look after this and this many children, and mention the age of the child who already is in your care. Then explain that you have a request to look after the other two, mentioning their ages and days/hours when you would have them all together. As the little ones are SO little I wouldn't explain about activities but what possible safety measures you have thought of for the 1.5 hours you have them all? Such as a double buggy if you need to go out and a harness for the older one? I think you will be OK just be clear with the times and days as it's only going to be for a very short while I'm sure they are not going to have a problem with it. I emailed them first and they asked either a letter with my signature or to attach my signature to an email. Once they had it I got two calls from them to give them the days and times and names and DOB:s of the mindees. On the following day they called again and said it's been accepted and explained the new registration rules. Over all it only took less than a week.

Good luck !

twise
07-02-2008, 07:10 PM
thanks ever so much...i just realised that I also need to ask for an additional variation to the 3 under 5 to 4 under 5 because when the baby turns 1 it will mean on a Monday I will have 4 children from 2pm-5pm under the age of 5. Fingers crossed they say yes.

Oh my brain hurts:(

Thanks

Tracy