PDA

View Full Version : OUCH!

Helen Dempster
14-04-2009, 03:30 PM
I was distraught last Thursday. Mindee was playing out in the back garden, just like he's done 100s of times before. Anyway, he fell over (tripped over his own feet I think, as there was nothing in the way, no-one near him), and smashed his face onto the concrete patio.....! Yes there was LOTS AND LOTS of blood! Not only that, but he chipped a piece of his front tooth off (luckily, he's only 2, so they're still his milk teeth!) I cleaned him up and the blood (yuck!) made sure he was ok before phoning mum to come and get him. She was fine, luckily. She just laughed(!) and said "well, you can't wrap them up in cotton wool". I was in a worse state than he was! He was laughing about 2 minutes later!!! I needed a very strong, sugary cup of tea...provided by my next door neighbour, bless her :thumbsup:

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 03:38 PM
ouch!

kiddies do bounce back quicker than we do, I think we stress more knowing that they are not our own children too but glad you are ok now xxx

bibby76
14-04-2009, 03:44 PM
i had exactly the same happen to me! a mindee aged 2 (shes now 5!) was walking down the path, tripped and broke front tooth. Ive never felt so guilty! and too this day every day when i look at her, i see the broken tooth! Her mom was brill too.
Dont worry kids always bounce back!!!!

ORKSIE
14-04-2009, 04:35 PM
Think i feel worse when a mindee gets hurt cos their not mine:panic: Luckily I have not had aparent blame me for any accident, but i always think the worst:panic:

TheBTeam
14-04-2009, 06:28 PM
I had a mindee whose mum worked 45 minutes away, she must have just got to work when i phoned her to come back cos her lo had fallen against one of my wooden dining chairs and caught the side of his eye on the bone, and cut it, it was borderline if it needed hospital. They were very good and took him to hospital and they put the stery strips on it and said we were right to take him. I felt awful, because he was running at the time, and we had said 'walk' time after time, but he kept running - he said to his mum 'L said walk and i did run).

sue
14-04-2009, 07:34 PM
poor you hope you and little one have recovered felt that and l wasnot even there!!!!!!!!