PDA

View Full Version : 2penny questions

gegele
14-04-2009, 02:55 PM
what is a cdo?
are they as useful as they sound?
where do i found of those?

do i have to be ncma member for help from one?

could this personn help me with my grant application? with my advert?

:D

Roseolivia
14-04-2009, 03:00 PM
I think this means child development officer and think they should be found in your local sure start centre.

gegele
14-04-2009, 03:06 PM
thank you and where do i found my local sure start center?? is that a children center??

gosh i feel so thick today sorry. i've been painting my frontroom, doing my garden, working my evening week end job..... my brain is tired

Pedagog
14-04-2009, 03:21 PM
My Development officer is part of the Local Authority Early Years team (details should be on your council website).

Mine was not very helpful, but mainly as I didn't need anything from her.

Yes they are the person to help with your applications etc.

Roseolivia
14-04-2009, 03:26 PM
thank you and where do i found my local sure start center?? is that a children center??

gosh i feel so thick today sorry. i've been painting my frontroom, doing my garden, working my evening week end job..... my brain is tired

Yes it's a children's centre. Sometimes i don't make things very clear, mine is attached to one of the sure start children centres

youarewhatyoueat
14-04-2009, 08:55 PM
The cdo should be the person that does your pre reg course

Pipsqueak
14-04-2009, 08:57 PM
My CDO is brilliant - very useful and helpful. your local CIS should be able to tell you who yours is.
Actually I have an NCMA CDW (childcare development worker) as well - how lucky I am to have two eh... and she is fab too.