PDA

View Full Version : Sniffing!!

helenlc
14-04-2009, 02:39 PM
Ok just got to say this cos its getting on my nerves now!!

All day long, from first thing this morning, 8 yr old mindee has sniffed/snorted/grunted his way through the day!

I have pointed him in the direction of the available tissues all day but to no avail.

Very soon, I am going to sit on him, place tissue over his nose and say BLOW!!!!

And I will not be happy until the obviously slimy contents of his nose are in a tissue and not being sniffed back up his nose/down his throat (yuck!) anymore!

Only got him til 5!!! Currently, he is on Guitar Hero on the Wii - and I can still hear him sniffing over that!!! :laughing:

As a childminder, how far can I go in insisting he blows his nose? Politely keep reminding him? I am thinking of doing a project on snot perhaps, purely scientific obviously, to show how beneficial it is to BLOW your nose!!! :laughing:

estrelas
14-04-2009, 02:46 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

goodluck with the snot quest :laughing:

youarewhatyoueat
14-04-2009, 02:49 PM
Lol, I'm so glad i'm not the only one that could commit murder to people that sniff. Yes I would pin him down and make him blow.
I went on an all day EYFS training course and found myself next to a girl that snorted all day,I thought I was going to throw up,I must have glared at her 50 times but she seemed oblivious, so maybe you could send this lad to her!!!!
If it's anyone reading this and it was you on that course I would just like to say next time I will not be responsible for my actions!!!!!

Hebs
14-04-2009, 02:54 PM
my son does this i swear it makes the walls vibrate :laughing:

does my head in :angry:

devoncm
14-04-2009, 02:58 PM
Ive been having to show a 12 and 13 where the tissues are the passed week, its no easier when there 15 either having to tell them where the tissue is kept-all related to eachother, can u tell, shame but the 15 yr old lives here so i have to constantly put up with it:rolleyes:

Actually all 4 of marcs kids just sniff and does my head in especially the 4 yr old who doesnt know how to blow his nose-he blows out his mouth and i HATE IT!!! no matter how much i try and explain it he doesnt get it

LOOPYLISA
14-04-2009, 02:59 PM
My step dd does this :angry: , she says her nose isnt running :rolleyes:

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Sniffing and whining have to be two things I cannot put up with. I offer the box and will regularly put a tissue to a childs nose with "blow" - don't feel bad about it, it makes me feel better and the child doesn't get ill because of the gunk in their body

It amazes me how many children don't know how to blow their noses.

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Lol, I'm so glad i'm not the only one that could commit murder to people that sniff. Yes I would pin him down and make him blow.
I went on an all day EYFS training course and found myself next to a girl that snorted all day,I thought I was going to throw up,I must have glared at her 50 times but she seemed oblivious, so maybe you could send this lad to her!!!!
If it's anyone reading this and it was you on that course I would just like to say next time I will not be responsible for my actions!!!!!

LOL I wonder if its the same person I sat next too on my first aid course!

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 03:49 PM
did kleenex have some worksheets about blowing your nose?

gonna go look, I think something was posted in here about it too but cant remember where.

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 03:52 PM
oh i love this forum!

here you go http://www.kleenex.co.uk/sneezesafe/

helenlc
14-04-2009, 04:41 PM
I was starting to think I was weird for hating it so much!! Glad there are others like me.

Will maybe do snot project tomorrow then!! Thanks for the link!!

sonia ann
14-04-2009, 05:39 PM
thank you for this it has made me feel so much better:) I have had three sniffers here today! One girl aged 6 1/2 yrs who is always congested and sits with her nose running, I am forever saying to blow her nose, .....she blows and blows but it just keeps coming. The other two are brothers 6 and 9yrs who continually "dry" sniff, its just a habit with them......after nine hours I was really ready for them to go home:(

mushpea
14-04-2009, 05:41 PM
i cant abide sniffing either and have a girl that used to do it all the time untill the day i explained this to her
there are hairs in your nose that collect the dirt and germs in the air when hyou breath in so that you dont breat the dirt and germs in to your tummy, when you sniff all those dirt and germs go down your throat and in to your tummy which will not only make you ill but is also very gross.
since then she always uses a tissue

Alibali
14-04-2009, 06:39 PM
My after schooler told his mum that I was 'shouting at him for nothing' because I keep telling him to blow his nose and not sniff:blush: :blush: Fortunately mum knows he over reacts a wee bit.

Gizmo
14-04-2009, 06:51 PM
one of the girls in my office is a sniffer and it drives me nuts, I have constant hay fever all summer and forever going to the loo to blow my nose but she sits there sniff sniff sniff I am so glad its not just me that gets annoyed about these things,I will need to send her the link on how to blow her nose dont know how well that will go down she is 45 lol:thumbsup: