PDA

View Full Version : accident book

carebear25
14-04-2009, 08:29 AM
hi
my ds has just managed 2 scratch minees face wit toy fork he were tryin 2 feed her do i need 2 record this as it wil prob happen often as they r both only 17mths

deeb66
14-04-2009, 08:32 AM
I would recommend that you do especially as it sounds like her face has been marked.

I know it is a pain keep filling in these forms but it is better to protect yourself!

Dee

Daftbat
14-04-2009, 08:43 AM
I agree, its best to be safe than sorry especially when a mark has been made.

rickysmiths
14-04-2009, 08:44 AM
I would record it.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 09:00 AM
Because of all of the little accidents that happen I have an exercise book for each child and record them in there. the main book with the long page I use for "serious" accidents. Ofsted were okay with this under the EYFS inspection and I got Outstanding in the Safeguarding Children section.

FussyElmo
14-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Because of all of the little accidents that happen I have an exercise book for each child and record them in there. the main book with the long page I use for "serious" accidents. Ofsted were okay with this under the EYFS inspection and I got Outstanding in the Safeguarding Children section.

Excellent idea Debbie hope you dont mind if I "pinch" it. My mindee is 2 my ds is 2 and dd is 10 months and I am fed up of writing in the accident book banged heads, dd scratched mindee, etc and mum even told me not to bother recording as it was inevitable accidents happen - she still signs though I just mention Ofsted and she grimaces she a teacher:)

carebear25
14-04-2009, 10:54 AM
Excellent idea Debbie hope you dont mind if I "pinch" it. My mindee is 2 my ds is 2 and dd is 10 months and I am fed up of writing in the accident book banged heads, dd scratched mindee, etc and mum even told me not to bother recording as it was inevitable accidents happen - she still signs though I just mention Ofsted and she grimaces she a teacher:)

Good idea 2 have recorded it this time but in future will just make a note of it

thanks