PDA

View Full Version : Can someone clarify the latest on planning please

cuffleygirl
14-04-2009, 07:01 AM
Hi

I have had a busy week so please forgive me if I sound a little confused.

Did I read on here last week that we are no longer required by ofsted to write planning? This seems to have passed me by - haven't received anything new from ofsted stating this. Should I have done?

I am easily confused please help.

Mrs M
14-04-2009, 07:06 AM
I'm not sure of the official answer to this but I have spoken with a network co-ordinator. She said that what Ofsted is looking for is that we are looking at the children's next steps. Therefore, when making an ob, we write next steps and follow them. That in itself is planning. I do, however, write up planning sheets but as far as I'm aware there is no actual requirement for that. With regards to long term planning, she just said to have a list of the events/festivals happening during the year and obviously try to incorporate those into our schedules.

Roseolivia
14-04-2009, 07:07 AM
There's a thread on here somewhere about a new factsheet OFSTED have produced on what paperwork they expect for EYFS. It's also on the OFSTED website and from what i can gather you don't need to do planning.
Sorry would post link to site but don't know how to do this, sure someone else on here will though.

Tily Bud
14-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Sounds interesting, hopefully someone else will be able to post a link x

Roseolivia
14-04-2009, 07:18 AM
If you look under the Subheading EYFS and scroll down there's a post called 'New OFSTED guidance:EYFS'. All the info's here

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 07:48 AM
My understanding is that with the EYFS Register you have to deliver the EYFS. There is nothing that says you have to have planning but you do need to show a learning journey, whether written or verbal is up to you to decice BUT Ofsted will want evidence of some kind, i.e. photographs

huggableshelly
14-04-2009, 07:54 AM
I was doing a full blwon monthly plan to cover all areas and ages but found it was too much and childrens learning goals changed faster than my planning.

You need to plan for your EYFS children as in aiming to cover learning goals set in your learning journal/obs

You need a daily routine as guideline

And a rough plan wouldnt do any harm, i now do a monthly plan stating a list of activities for younger children with a general list of toys and activities for afterschool children allowing them to pick and choose what they would like to play with.

Instead of writing - hand painting I now just write painting which allows flexibiity and also reduces parents expectations if I am unable to fulfil the activities i've planned to do.