PDA

View Full Version : Accounts book and reciept book

Juddster
14-04-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi sorry if i am repeating someone else but i looked and can't find any help. I am fed up of paying out for the NCMA accounts books etc. Another childminding friend emailed me an attendance register which i have been using so save costs there but now my accounts book has run out. I did scan the pages in to my computer when they were blank but they have saved as a picture (photo) so i cant get them into excel or anything. But to print them out i dont think the pages will look very good. Any one got any ideas ? Also i hate the NCMA reciept book it takes forever to fill out each time and none of my parents seem bothered or keep them what does everyone else use ?

christine e
14-04-2009, 06:51 AM
I have drawn up my own attendance sheets which I print off but have always used NCMAs accounts book but don't see any reason why I shouldn't draw up my own sheets if I thought fit, re receipt book just buy a cheaper one from local stationers.

Cx

singlewiththree
14-04-2009, 06:58 AM
I use a cheap 80p receipt book with carbon paper from my local hardwear/everything shop I only use it when they give cash.

I have an excel document that my Brother-in-law has made for me to use so haven't used the NCMA or MM ones.

deeb66
14-04-2009, 07:00 AM
I designed mine through 'Word'

I just used the same format as NCMA and set it up using a Table......quite easy to do.

Dee
xx

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 07:57 AM
Beware - NCMA and MM have copyright on their documents. If you draw your own up you need to change 1 thing slightly and then you are not infringing their copyright.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 08:02 AM
I have an accounts sheet that I wrote in excel and use myself. It has not been seen or approved by the IR but you are welcome to use it.

Don't change anything that has a figure in it, even if it is 0.

PM me your email and I will send it.

rickysmiths
14-04-2009, 08:15 AM
I agree the NCMA reciept book is way over the top. I buy cheque book style reciept books for about £1 and have one for each family. I keep them all in a small snowpake concertina file.

The attendance register is fantastic and a small cost to pay for a whole year and its offset in your expenses. I couldn't be bothered to reinvent the wheel. Just remember that if you are a member of NCMA and you dont use the register and you need legal advise from them they may decide that they won't represent you. I know people who haven't been asked for their books but I have needed help twice and both times I had to produce fully signed register before they would help.

Another resason to use their book is that it is confidential as you use a page a child. You keep contact details and ages of children in the front which makes it easy for ofsted to see that you have all your info when they inspect.:jump for joy:

I use the accounts book as well but that is personal choice there is nothing to say that you have to. You do whatever suits you.

Chanelle
14-04-2009, 01:08 PM
I have a sheet i have designed for both the receit and accounts, I created my own invoice sheet and will sign this for the parent once they have paid which they will then use as a receipt, that way no extra time needed to fill in extra details, all i will do is sign and date it.