View Full Version : Im going in for an operaction

13-04-2009, 10:17 PM
Hi can anyone point me in the right direction. I have to go in for an operaction in July and will be out of action for 8 to 12 weeks. Because this will be classed as sickness im not going to be payed. Does anyone know who, how or if i can claim any sick pay through the goverment. I have looked on the web site and there is nothing on there to say if i am entitled to anything. Has anyone been in this situation before?:blush:

14-04-2009, 06:20 AM
Hi and welcome. I will just move your post to the Minding Chat section, as you will get more replies there (this section is for problems with the Forum)

As regards your question - I'm not sure but it might depend on whether you have been paying your full National Insurance.

I'm sure someone else will come along to answer soon. :)

14-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Hello and welcome

Sorry to hear you have to have an operation

Well when my hubby was self employed and was off with a bad back he got paid sick due to the fact that he had paid his full stamp so it would be the same for us so Pauline is correct ?

I would make enquiries now if I were you so you know where you stand

Dont forget to come and say hello in the hello section of the forum so we know who we are chatting to

Angel xx