PDA

View Full Version : Nursery Milk Claims

Chatterbox Childcare
13-04-2009, 04:46 PM
I have claimed today on line for my milk and it took 3 minutes and did 2 months together.

For anyone who hasn't registered it is well worth it (I got £14 for each month) and for those who haven't claimed for a while, you can back claim up to 2 years if you are registered.

You still need to put this in your books and then claim all the expense back aswell. Win Win situation.

mushpea
13-04-2009, 05:05 PM
could you post the website address please or a link? i did look a doing this before but confused about the amounts of milk and other stuff, will have to try again on line it might be easier.

Chatterbox Childcare
13-04-2009, 05:11 PM
Website is: https://www.nurserymilk.co.uk

If you have already registered the login details and password are on you blue form that you previously completed and posted back.

mushpea
13-04-2009, 05:13 PM
thanks very much i will go and look at it now, i don't remeber registering, just reading about it somwhere but that was in 2003 so a while ago!

mushpea
13-04-2009, 06:40 PM
just out of curiosity do you have a 'milk time' like at playschool or do you give it when they ask or at meals or do you mix it in to a dessert for them

sarah707
13-04-2009, 06:49 PM
Children here are offered water or milk with their morning snack ... if they choose water then I try and make sure they have a milky pudding after lunch. If they are with me for the day and have chosen water in the morning I will offer milk again with the afternoon snack but some children refuse so we make them a milky pud for tea or offer some cheese as part of the snack.

As part of my initial questions for parents I find out when they usually have milk at home - and whether they like drinking it of course. Some children do not like milk as a drink I have found and it is more of a challenge to ensure they get their daily recommended portions.

One nursery I know pours every child milk whether they want it / like it or not and that's the only drink on offer for their snack time... I don't feel that's fair as I do not want the children to be thirsty. They say they must offer each child a quarter pint of milk a day even if it means huge wastage. I haven't seen that written anywhere in the Eyfs :rolleyes:

mushpea
13-04-2009, 07:32 PM
i have jucie or water or milk on offer all day at the moment , they all have sports bottles or anyway up cups which on the coffee table for them to drink when they wish obviously i wouldnt leave milk out all day but then at the moment the children don't ask for milk as a drink which is why i wonded wether to do a milk and snack time .

loocyloo
13-04-2009, 09:15 PM
i MUST do my form(s) and send it off!!!

i registered back in october 2008!

my friend only registered in the september, but was allowed to claim for the 2 years worth prior to that. yet when i asked, they said i couldn't, as i hadn't been registered with them for that time. (depsite being a minder for longer!)

has anyone else managed to have a claim paid for before they actually registered with nursery milk?

thanks xxx

Willowdancer
13-04-2009, 10:13 PM
Thanks Debbie - I didn't know about that site but have printed off the application form to post off now :)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-04-2009, 11:36 PM
i MUST do my form(s) and send it off!!!

i registered back in october 2008!

my friend only registered in the september, but was allowed to claim for the 2 years worth prior to that. yet when i asked, they said i couldn't, as i hadn't been registered with them for that time. (depsite being a minder for longer!)

has anyone else managed to have a claim paid for before they actually registered with nursery milk?

thanks xxx

You can only claim from when you registered - so you can back claim to Oct 08

Pauline
14-04-2009, 06:32 AM
Don't forget that you must put the refund down as 'income' and the milk as expenditure so it's not like you make anything from it, you just get back what you have spent. :)

Pudding Girl
14-04-2009, 07:21 AM
Don't forget that you must put the refund down as 'income' and the milk as expenditure so it's not like you make anything from it, you just get back what you have spent. :)

exactly what I was going to say too Pauline, it's not a win win situation in that you get it twice ;)

Chatterbox Childcare
14-04-2009, 07:45 AM

When I buy a pint of milk for the mindees I claim the cost of a pint but when I get the money back I only get 1/3, so my expense is 2/3rds