PDA

View Full Version : car insurance!!!!!!

jordanann
13-04-2009, 08:16 AM
Hi guys,
It's been a while since i've been able to get on here!! hope your all doing well.

I really need your help!! What car insurance have you all got?? I've been told that as a child minder some insurance companies will give you buisness cover without extra charge due to the nature of a childminding buisness i.e no commuting. But i'm yet to find one that does this grrrrrr!!
Every company i've spoken to so far (and theres been a lot lol) has said that they will charge the extra for buisness cover.
I just dont know where to turn really, my friend is insured with morethan and she wasnt charged extra but when i called they basically spoke to me like i was stupid!!!!!!!!!!!

Any help would be great, thanks ladies

Love Lisa xx xx xx

christine e
13-04-2009, 08:32 AM
Sorry don't know of any that do not charge extra (if you found one though it may be that they are more expensive anyway), the best you can is shop around

Cx

helenlc
13-04-2009, 08:36 AM
I have my car insurance with Morton Michel. It was only a few pounds more then my next cheapest quote and on my certificate it says about it being business cover for child care purposes.

When I renewed again in November 08 it was again, not much more than the next cheapest quote.

Daftbat
13-04-2009, 09:40 AM
I am covred with Swift.com and have been with Churchill in the past and have never had to pay extra. Swift are good as evrything is done on line and you even print off your documents rather than waiting for them to come in the post.

Megan
13-04-2009, 09:47 AM
I have mine with Churchill. They didn't charge me any extra as I upgraded the car as well, however I have heard of some companies hiking the premiums up.

Megan

katickles
13-04-2009, 10:16 AM
I am with Tesco's - they added the business use at no extra charge :)

Chatterbox Childcare
13-04-2009, 10:49 AM
Churchill with no extra costs and childcare mentioned on the policy

Shar
13-04-2009, 11:55 AM
For the last few years I have gone on "go comare" and they got me the cheapest buisness use car insurance with Shielas wheels. Got a quote from motorminder which was £200 more!! No thanks. It's worth shopping around, I do every year. Same goes for the home/building insurance. I'm with Churchill and they always match the cheapest quote I get.

samgeordie
13-04-2009, 12:50 PM
im with direct line and not had to pay any extra for business use and know im a childminder

rickysmiths
13-04-2009, 01:05 PM
I'm with Churchill, they were £120 cheaper than NCMA Motor Minder and they have on my Cert that I am a Childminder and covered for it. Unlike Motor Minder that don't mention Childmiinding on any of their paperwork!:eek:

sunflower
13-04-2009, 01:10 PM
we are with churchill and it doesnt say im a childminder it just says business

use for spouse. :D

rickysmiths
13-04-2009, 02:37 PM
we are with churchill and it doesnt say im a childminder it just says business

use for spouse. :D

It says where it details your occupation, ours is on the back and it says I'm a Childminder and dh is a Teacher, only noticed it the other day when I was filing it!!

Moominmomma
13-04-2009, 03:43 PM
I don't drive, would my child minded children be allowed to come in the family car?

jordanann
23-04-2009, 03:34 PM
thanks ladies,
well i managed to get a great deal for both my cars with admiral, was still charged more for buisness cover but the cheapest around.
got both cars insured with multi car cover, both fully comp for £599.00 which i thought was brill.

love lisa
xx xx xx

loocyloo
23-04-2009, 05:07 PM
im with direct line and not had to pay any extra for business use and know im a childminder

me too!

and when someone crashed into my car ( at a weekend thank goodness ) they arranged for the courtesy car to be a BIG one with lots of seats!!!

:D